Holding On

Blood

Anna woke up one morning in her room and walked to the bathroom to do her business. And saw something red on her pj bottoms. She looked and saw blood everywhere. She freaked and screamed for Jack. Jack fell out of bed and ran to the bathroom door.

“Anna?!” he yells going to open the door but she closed it.

“No! Don’t come in!” she sobs.

“What’s the matter?!”

“I-I don’t k-know.”

“What do you mean?”

“T-there’s blood everywhere…B-but I’m not h-hurt.”

“Blood? Where?”

“B-b-between m-my legs.” She sobs harder.

“Alright calm down. Just, stay there. I’ll be right back.”

“Okay.”

Jack got dressed and went out the door as Anna sat in the bathtub staring at the door. About 15 minutes later, he returned.

He knocked on the door, “Anna?”

“Yeah?”

“I’m gonna crack the door open ok?”

“Ok.”

He cracks the door open and slides a plastic store bag filled with something and closed the door.

“Read the directions carefully and use it. Also, read that book.” He orders softly before walking into the living room.

Anna grabbed the bag and read the directions. They were two boxes, Playtex Tampons and Always pads. She put them on and started reading the book. It was called ‘Amazing you’.

As she read it, she started to get what was happening, and learned about sex. Anna's mother died before she could even turn 5 so nobody told her the diffrence between girls and boys. She shuddered at what they do and how it reminded her of her father doing to her so she closes the book and walks out of the bathroom and ran to her room quickly and changed her clothes. She walked to the living room to see Jack sitting on the old couch. He looked behind him to see Anna and smiled slightly.

“You okay?” he asks,

She nods slowly.

“C’mere.” He pats the couch.

Anna shook her head and stepped back.

“What’s wrong?”

“I don’t like that book…Why did you show me it?” she asks.

“Because, you have to learn it. I had to. There were things that was happening to me that I couldn’t explain and I found out through that book.” He points at the book in her hand.

“But you don’t bleed.”

“No. I have other things. But, it’s life. Everybody gets this stuff.”

“I hate it. Now I can get pregnant!” She yells, throwing the book down.

“That’s why I say, don’t get married till your 36.”

Anna growls rolling her eyes and stomping towards the kitchen for something to eat.

“See! It’s your hormones! You’re hungry and angry! Next you’re going to be crying, then laughing, then—”

“Shut the fuck up!!!”

“Anna Rose!” Jack stood up angry.

“Oh, what ‘cha gonna do? Beat me?!” she spats.

“Don’t cuss.” He points a finger at me.

“Why? You do all the time?!”

“It’s different. I’m older.”

“Your older, big deal! I’m
getting older!”

“Anna, please. Stop yelling.” He rubs the bridge of his nose.

“You shouldn’t have saved me.” Anna shacks her head as she ran back to her room with a chocolate chip granola bar.

“Anna!”

She ignored him and slammed the door behind her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohhhh.

Thanks,
MentalMasturbation
LoveMckaela
Brooklynn Marie
xx; Ignorance
serinitycelene
Shadow's Gates
how pretty.
Catharine.
DaniBaby

For Commenting. :]