Holding On

A Riddle

Harley was sitting on the arm of the recliner in the main part of the warehouse across from the Riddler who laid back on the couch, as she swung her slug hammer side to side like a metronome.

“Do you know why Mistah J is so into the stupid girl?” asks Harley.

“I don’t know what you mean.” Riddler says, with his hat over his face. “She’s only been here for a day.”

“He hasn’t killed her yet! Usually after the beating he’d stick ‘em in a chair then record them for Gotham, then, kill them. He has not done that!”

“Maybe he’s trying something new?”

“No. I know my Puddin’.”

“Not entirely.”

“What did you say?!”

“Here’s a riddle!” Riddler sits up excited, “The more experience you come across, the more memories you leave behind.”

“Huh!?” she makes a face shacking her head.

“His past, my dear. Do you know his past?” he asks rolling his eyes.

Harley face dropped for a second but perked back up. “I know. His first plan, 8 years ago, blowing up a school.” She smiles.

“Ok. But.” He pauses, “Where was he born? What did he do as a kid?”

“U-uh-Mistah J, doesn’t like talking about it.” She spoke too quickly then looks away playing with her slug hammer.

The Riddler just shook his head and mumbled to himself as he laid down, putting his hat over his face again.

“Well. If he isn’t going to kill her—I will!!”

She stands up and turns around only to find the Joker standing inches away. He grabs her by the throat and holds closely as he spoke dangerously to her.

“Didn’t I say…You are not allowed to touch her?” He growls, showing his yellow teeth.

“You did.” She chokes, holding onto his arm.

“So don’t touch my toys, Harley!” he throws her.

She nods and runs out of the room.

“The girl doesn’t listen.” Says The Riddler, “Too naïve, I don’t know how you put up with her, Jokester.”

The Joker growls and stomps up to his bedroom. He remembered Sally telling him to never hit a girl even if they hit him first. He really didn’t give a shit about Harley. She was just a Halloween Barbie doll that he likes to throw around. But her, he could never hurt…He sighs then enters his room, locking it, then stripping his jacket off and throwing it over his desk in the corner. He walks behind it and moves it, showing a hidden door on the floor. He opens it and crawls in jumping down and flicking the switch, revealing a medium size room filled with all his and her’s stuff.

They were drawings that she made for him, pictures of them together and a bunch of other stuff. He even had the hill-Billy Bugs Bunny hanging on the wall with her neatly written signature on the bottom left corner.

He scanned through all the pictures, re-memorizing each photo he had lost along with his sanity. And by being in this room, he started feeling saner. He sighs at a Polaroid of the two of them in the back yard surrounded by her favorite flower. The Joker stayed down there for who knows how long? Then his face changed to confusion when he gets a closer look at her face and notices her grey eyes. They glittered from the sun that was shining on them but he knew those eyes anywhere. That Melinda girl has grey eyes that he recognized.

As the Joker thought to himself, he placed the two missing puzzle pieces together and realized he was right about her lying about her name. But realized who she was…And it pained him to know now, he had hurt the love of his life. Beat her to top it. He didn’t like that.

Not. One. Bit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Who's Sally? Hmm?

Not good at riddles, but...Idk?

Thank you,
MentalMasturbation
LoveMckaela
Shadow's Gate
Brooklynn Marie
Liz loves matthew.
xx; Ignorance
DaniBaby
Catharine.
serinitycelene
Escape.My.Fate
Strange Lifestyles
starbella
XxbrokensoulxX
ThereAre666Ways2Love