Holding On

Bad Day

Three months later, New Years passed, and Anna was in the kitchen preparing dinner for Jack, to try and impress him even though it’s just Mac ‘n Cheese that she learned. Jack said it was the best he ever had. She’s slowly learning how to cook. She cleaned the place a bit to stop them from sneezing from the dust.

As she mixed the macaroni with the cheese, she heard the door open and slam shut. Anna walked over to the living room to see Jack running his hands through his hair and kicking a wall.

“Jack?” Anna says in a small voice that he probably couldn’t hear.

He says nothing but bangs her arm with his shoulder as he looked around the kitchen. There was no sign of what was going through his head.

“Jack, what’s wrong?”

“What’s wrong?” he huffs. “Everything is wrong.”

“I…I don’t understand.”

“Of course you don’t. Your just a stupid little girl!!” he kicks the chair and turns to her.

His eyes weren’t brown but black, his outburst when he kicked the chair scared Anna instantly.

“You don’t know anything!!! I have to do everything on my own!! All you’re doing is playing with garbage!! And making crap on shit I bought!!!” he throws the man ‘n cheese across the room hitting the wall, making a hole as the pot crash on the floor making it echo through out the house. “Fuck you! Fuck everything! Stay the FUCK away from me!!” he screams,

He throws the couch over and destroys a bunch of other things while he goes to his room and slams the door.

Anna was standing in the spot where he yelled at her, frozen, and scared. She stood there for a while just wondering what got him so angry. She slowly moved, shacking a bit as she walked over to the pot and picked it up. She brought it to the trash and dumped the rest of the macaroni before taking it to the sink and washed it. After she was done, she picks up the table and chairs then cleans the cheese off the wall and ground then moves on to the living room. She sees glass on the ground from the frame that used to be on the wall and started picking up shards. Some poked her or cut her, but she got it all then pushed the couch as hard as she could over. She went through everything to make sure she cleaned all the mess before going back up the stairs.

She didn’t bother going to Jack’s room to see if he was alright. She just went straight to her room and closed the door, wishing she had a lock on it but didn’t. She laid in her bed, still in her jeans and t-shirt as she began to let out her tears she had kept in.



It was 2:55am and Anna was fast asleep. Jack seemed to feel guilty because he came into her room silently and crawled in her bed and brushed her hair. Anna opens her eyes and looks up at him trying to show no emotion, but, Jack saw that she was sad and afraid. It pained him.

“I’m sorry.” He says,

Anna ignores him and turns away from him. He sighs loudly again, rolling over and rubbing his face. He sits up looking over at her seeing that she hasn’t budged but was definitely awake.

“Anna-Bear…?”

Nothing.

“Anna…I didn’t mean to yell at you and call you a ‘stupid little girl’, I have a really bad temper and…”

Anna stayed where she was, making Jack sighed.

“I got fired.”

Anna turns to look at him seeing he was completely serious.

“That’s why I got so angry-“

“Why?...How?”

“I stole some money.” He cracked,

“Jack!” Anna sits up glaring at him. “You can’t do that!”

“I needed the money! I got to put food on the damn table! And you know its fucking cold it is outside and we don’t have any heat!! I’d like to get a heater! And when its summer; I’d like to get a big fan!” he exclaims shacking his head as he avoided her gaze.

“But you can’t steal…” she sighs, “I could get a job.”

“No…” he shacks his head tapping on his finger on his knee. “I’ll find another. Maybe two.”

“Two?”

“Maybe three.”

Anna raised her eyebrows and mouthed ‘Three’.

“Yep…There’s a Help Wanted sign at the gas station around the corner.”

“A gas station?”

“I can work at the register.”

“No.” she says shacking her head.

“Uh, why?”

“People like robbing gas stations!”

“Not unless I beat them to it!” he winks,

“Not funny.”

“Pff.”

“Jack…Stop thinking about money. It’s just green paper with dead presidents on them.”

Jack only laughs at her. Anna glares at him as it took him about 5 minutes to calm down.

“I’ll find another job and earn money, alright? Will that make you happy?”

“No stealing.”

He chuckles, “No stealing.”

“I mean it.” Anna points a finger before lying back down. “Okay?

“Alright!” he shacks his head lying down with her. “I’m sorry again for yelling.”

“Just go to sleep, Jack.”

“Do you forgive me…?”

It took awhile for Anna to answer, and when she was about to…

“Okay…I understand.” Jack whispers before going to sleep.

Anna didn’t say anything again…Ether she didn’t feel like answering ‘cause she was so tired, or, she didn’t know what to say…The way he yelled at her, screamed, more to say; was terrifying. And she hopes never to see that side of Jack again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lacking on updates. :[

Thanks,
MentalMasturbation
LoveMckaela
Shadow's Gate
Brooklynn Marie
Liz loves matthew.
xx; Ignorance
DaniBaby
Catharine.
serinitycelene
Escape.My.Fate
Strange Lifestyles
starbella
XxbrokensoulxX
ThereAre666Ways2Love
ChasingMemories
Cutie 0.0 Cucumber
Bunny-on-Drugs
Angelofhellsfire

For Commenting<33