Holding On

Age of a Tree

It has been a couple of weeks since Jack’s outburst. He still feels guilty and apologizes to Anna now and then. But still Anna doesn’t speak to him.

Jack had been out all the time applying to many places. Fast Food joints, Restaurants, Gas Stations, even Grocery stores. He got accepted to one, but he wants another so he can receive the money he wants instead of stealing it.

Sometimes she wonders how he does it, since he doesn’t go to school, yet, he’s really smart. A Genius to be corrected. Once while Jack was at work, she wondered around the house and ended up in his room and found volumes of Algebra, Biology, Chemistry, Trigonometry, The Dictionary, Geography, you name it he has it deep under his bed. And in each of them, there’s a bookmark. Anna doesn’t know when he takes the time to read them; to her they seem so boring.



Anna was alone again. Jack was working all day today so Anna had nothing to do whatsoever.

She didn’t want to stay inside so she decided to take a long walk. She puts her shoes on and her jacket then left the house. She was about 4 miles away when she came across a tree. She stood in the shade and looks back at the house. She brought up her thumb and index finger and pretended she held the house between her fingers then squished it. She giggles; rolling her eyes then spins around and looks up at the tree. It wasn’t old, because it wasn’t fat. It was probably 50-70 years old. Anna learned about that and looks at every tree and tries to figure out how old it is and how long its been there, like…Who touched it? What has this tree experienced? Only the tree knows.

Anna smiled as she traced around the tree, feeling everywhere bumps and making sure she doesn’t get splinters. She did this a few times before sitting against it and watched the clouds go by and the sun slowly ending the day.

Anna’s eyes drooped as she lay down on the ground and laid her head on top of her arms and curled her legs to her chest as sleep took over him.



Jack came home from work with subs, and kit-kats and Reeses in a small bag. He sets them on the kitchen counter and yelled up the stairs for Anna to come down. He pulled out the subs and grabs a couple of paper plates. He thought buying the chocolate would at least give him a tiny bit of forgiveness from her.

When Anna didn’t respond, he went up the stairs into her room but she wasn’t there. He looked in his room, the bathrooms; the laundry room that they never use since the dryer and washing machine don’t work. He couldn’t find her anywhere. He notices her shoes and jacket were gone then ran outside.

“Anna!?” he yells,

He ran around the house to see if she was there but she wasn’t. Jack was scared and worried, running his hands through his hair; tugging and pulling on it, when he started running through the field and towards a single tree.

Once he got there, he notices someone lying on the ground sleeping. He looks down at Anna and sighs in relief. Though he was mad that she wasn’t in the house and didn’t even bother leaving a note. He licks his lips then crouches down to pick her up but sees her sucking in a breath and moved around. Her eyes fluttered as she looks up at Jack whose face had anger written all over it, but it faded once she looked at him. She smiles slightly seeing his beautiful face, shadowed with the moon behind him before shutting her eyes again and falling straight asleep. Jack sighs once again, shacking his head before picking her small frame up with her head resting on his shoulder and her arm around his neck.

He took Anna upstairs and laid her on her bed, taking her shoes off and her jacket before tucking her in. He went back downstairs and puts her sub in the fridge.

He sat at the table, taking a bite of his sandwich and looks around the house. The walls were crappy as hell. There were holes in them, besides the hole he had made and the windows were dirty, and one was broken so Jack had boarded it up with a piece of cardboard.

Jack was going to change this place. Make it better. If not for him; for Anna. Something about her was growing to him. He couldn’t tell if he liked it or not, since she’s only 12 and he was 14 going on 15.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm on a writers block after the next chapter coming up laterr. Hopefully i'll get passed it. :/

Thanks,
MentalMasturbation
Mckaela Haner
Shadow's Gate
Brooklynn Marie
jokie
xx; Ignorance
DaniBaby
Catharine.
serinitycelene
Escape.My.Fate
Strange Lifestyles
starbella
XxbrokensoulxX
ThereAre666Ways2Love
ChasingMemories
Cutie 0.0 Cucumber
Bunny-on-Drugs
Angelofhellsfire
Xxsk8tersrockXx
XahhaxRey
I Am Vengeance 6661
Pamela Pandemic

For Commenting<33