Holding On

Sky Gazing

It was a nice sunny summer day, Anna was alone again and laying out in the field watching the different clouds glide by. They had just celebrated Jack’s 15th birthday a month ago and it was now May of 1997. She had finished her homework for Jack and was waiting for him to return so she can find out her grade.

It was a little nerve racking for Anna to give send her work in. When she actually went to school, she was afraid of sending in her work and receiving a bad grade. She was also afraid to raise her hand for help. With Jack, she’s getting one on one Tudor. If she would get low grade he’d let her try again and even helped her when she needed it. She felt more confident with herself then she had in regular school. You probably would say it’s because of the one-on-one deal instead of a classroom full of kids, or if you were in Anna’s shoes; it was all because of Jack. Simple, no?

Anna kept her eyes on one cloud that slowly started to change as it passed, when she heard the back door shut from behind her. “Anna?”

Jack’s back.

She sat up and looked behind her, sure enough; there was the wavy blonde haired, brown eyed 15-year-old in his work uniform standing on the porch with his little mischievous smirk. He came walking over to her brushing past the over grown field and sat next to her on the ground.

“Watch ‘ya doing?” he asks.

“Nothing.”

“Oh…That’s…lame.” He lay down beside her, with his hands behind his head and exhaled.

“Well, it
was relaxing before you showed up.”

Jack gasped, “I am sincerely hurt.” He sniffles and turns his head away to pretend to cry. She laughed. He smiled cheesy and they both looked back at the sky. “So are you just watching them or are you trying to figure out what they look like?”

“Just watching.”

That sat there for a while, the only sounds were the birds chirping freely and the wind blew against the wheat field. The wheat hugged their shapes and framed their view of the sky like a picture. Anna could stay right there for a long time, but Jack couldn’t. No matter how beautiful the scene was.

He sat up and looked over at Anna, “Have you done your work?”

“Yes sir.” She nods.

He stands up and sighs “Don’t call me ‘sir’ it makes me feel old.”

“Old is like 75, you’re only 15.”

“How many times, can 15 go in 75?”

“5.”

“Good. Alrighty, lets go inside, I’m hungry.” He stood up, walking back to the house but stopped and looked back down at her, “Your folder is on the table right?” he asks walking backwards towards the house.

“Yeah,”

“I’m ‘a gonna go look at it.”

“No, no! Wait, Jack!” she gets up and runs after him, he was laughing jumping, and skipping, jogging and she just couldn’t keep up. He got inside first and she came in only 15 seconds later. He had the folder in his hand and he pulled out the paper she did and grabbed his multiple colored pen. Anna leaned over on the arm of the couch, trying to catch her breath.

“Okay, let’s see what we have here.” Mutters Jack as he sat down and clicked each color of the pen, making it change from Green, Blue, Black, then Red, repeatedly. He chuckles at her as she makes her way at the table. “You okay?”

“I told you to wait.”

“I know.” He winks and looks back down at the paper. Anna rolls her eyes and lays her head on top of her arms. Jack continued clicking the pen, rotating it has he clicked each one before putting it in his mouth to think. He nodded his head, humming, tapping his foot, but still hasn’t placed the ball of the pen on the paper! She continued watching. Waiting. Becoming more and more impatient with him.

“Well…?”

“Hang on, don’t rush.” She rolls her eyes once again and made a grunting sound.

Jack tapped the pen against his teeth and finally started writing. She couldn’t see which color he was using till he clicked another color to make the ball come back. He sets it down and fills his cheeks up with air before releasing it. He placed the paper over his lips and nose, only showing his eyes that were focused on Anna. She froze. Did she do the problems right? How many did she mistake? What was her grade that’s making Jack look at her like that?!

Her mind was having a marathon and still Jack hasn’t said a word. Just stared. It was creeping her out. She spoke, “What?”

He sighs, and then takes the paper away from his face showing his crooked grin as he dropped the paper on the table and faced it towards her. On the top in Green: A+.

Anna shot up from her seat and screamed. Jack covered his ears and moaned out of annoyance and pain. “Damn girl! Chill out!!”

“I. Got. An A. I got an A!!!” she squeals like she just met Johnny Depp.

“A+, yeah.”

“I got them all right, by myself!!!”

“Yes! Shut up!!!” Jack hisses, standing up and walked to the living room with his ears still covered. He plopped on the couch and sat there till Anna stop jumping offs the kitchen walls.

She runs in the living, leaping over the couch and grabbed Jack in a hug and gave him a large squeeze. “Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!” she lets go and smiles at him.

“No prop-blame-oh, now, excuse me for a second while I pop my eyeballs back in their sockets.” He jokes,

Anna ran upstairs squealing like a lil’ pig as she ran to her room and tried figuring out where to put it. She slides it under her bed till she could find another place for it. She went back downstairs to find Jack gone. She looked around the living room finding nothing. Then her view was blocked by a large book that rubbed against her nose.

“Test coming up. Better get to studying, missy.”

“W-what?”

“Study.” He shooed her back up the stairs, she grunts and stomps back up to her room.

Jack chuckles then leaves, grabbing his bike to go buy their dinner for the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahhh, the good years of a pre-teen. Where we screamed at every good thing. I remember when I was like that. haha!

COMMENTERS;
MentalMasturbation
Mckaela Haner
Shadow's Gate
Brooklynn Marie
jokie
xx; Ignorance
DaniBaby
Catharine.
serinitycelene
Escape.My.Fate
Strange Lifestyles
starbella
XxbrokensoulxX
ThereAre666Ways2Love
ChasingMemories
Cutie 0.0 Cucumber
Bunny-on-Drugs
Angelofhellsfire
Xxsk8tersrockXx
XahhaxRey
I Am Vengeance 6661
Pamela Pandemic
Musicislife89
ItEndsTonight
xXxpeebeejayxXx
Death_to_Roses
wolfprincess1995
lost.in.time
melmelzie
for_the_love_of_me
zipzapzach
HPfreak101
jokerislife
yoshballzonya
Fairy K
Haner's Harlot.
hopewillfall
Meres
LuvSick987
gymnstgril
IcRaVeVeNgEaNcE
SHYLA01
TwistedNaul;
skullgurl2007


Thanks For Supporting!!
Everyone should comment ;]