Holding On

Fly



“Jack what happened to your parents?”

A fly flew above their heads, as they lay on the couch head to head with their legs/feet hanging off the sides. Jack flung his arm in the air to try and catch the fly but missed.

“They died.” He said like it was nothing.

“I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be. My father was an ass.”

“Huh?” she tilted her head up to look at him. “What do you mean by that?”

He sighs, “Rated R conv-o,”

“I’ve heard and seen worse ‘R’ types.”

He chuckles, “My dad had this thing with the Mob. He was…very greedy with money and guns, bombs. He began making his own explosive devices and it later drove him insane. The chemicals screwed up his mind and we thought he should end up in Arkham. My Dad would beat the hell outta me and my Mom. ‘Till she had enough. And she decided that she should leave while he was asleep, and take me along, ‘because she knew I was a victim as well… Who would leave a child in the hands of a psychopath?” He paused, swatting his hand in the air again, “But we got caught. Mom ended up stabbed to death and her blood soaked the living room carpet. My dad turned to me. A 7 year old that just witnessed his mother being chopped up. He grabbed his favorite pistol, and shot himself in the head. I knew I learned to call for any danger or emergency to call 911 but, instead I called Sally.”

“Who’s Sally?”

“Sally was my Mom’s best friend, they knew each other since High School. She used to baby-sit me while my parents were away. Anyway, I called her and she came over with the cops. Took custody of me and lived with her in this house…” he gulped, “till she died 3 years later…”

“What happened?” Anna sat up and looked down at him, their faces a foot away from each others.

“Raped and shot in an alley.”

Anna’s heart dropped to her stomach as he stared at her with sadness in his brown eyes.

“She was coming home from work when a group of men surrounded her.”

“I’m so sorry.”

“I don’t like rape.” He touched her cheek, “Especially to young girls.”

Anna smiled, “Thank you.”

“Yeah.” He nods, then continued his tale; “I lived on the streets for a few years, the house was left abandoned. I guess nobody wanted it since it’s already falling apart. So…Here we are. Living with no heater or cool air, no electricity, or water—just a roof over our heads and a man made fire like the cavemen.”

“Except with a bonus battery operated TV.”

“Ahhh, TV! How could we survive without thee?”

They laughed, as Anna abruptly stopped.

“My Dad didn’t used to be as bad as he is now…” Anna whispers.

Jack was a bit confused yet curious.

“He used to actually
be a real father, till I was 4 when my Mom died.”

“How did your mom die?”

“Suicide? I think…? She drowned in the bathtub.”

“Damn.”

“Yeah…I barley remember her.” She sighs, “My Dad changed then. He’d smack me around like a rag doll and threw me into his iron safe in his office whenever I was being ‘bad’. There were times he would be generous and take me to the park. But that rarely happened…When I was 8, was when he started…Touching me. And things just got worse.”

Jack snarls in disgust. “Sick bastard.”

The fly that was flying around the room, flew across his face as he smacked the air but missed. Anna giggles. Jack raised his eyebrow and muttered to her to shut up.

“I worry about you sometimes.”

“Why?”

“I’m afraid you’re going to go kill something.”

The buzzing continued while Jack slapped the air again. Missed. “Anna-Bear…I can’t even kill a damn fly. How can I kill a human being?”

“I don’t know? Practice? Human’s are more of an easy target and they’re slower then flies.”

This made Jack laugh. His voice was getting even deeper and more masculine, which made his laugh more amazing.

“Maybe if I ever see your Dad, I might.” He said darkly. It surprised Anna a bit, not sure if he was really serious or was trying to make her feel safer. Maybe both?

She did feel safe here with Jack. But whenever he was away she did feel a bit uneasy, always thinking someone would drive up through the dirt road and inspect the house; find her, and take her back to her father. She could always hide in the wheat field. But what about Jack? When he comes home, they’ll send him to a foster home, and if they find her; Juvie for kidnapping. She prayed that nothing will change. The he will keep his job at the gas station as a stocker and cleans. His not eligible to work as a clerk or work nights till he’s 18.

Jack sees Anna staring off into space all bottled up in her mind while her body shut down. He snaps his fingers in her face making her snap back into reality.

“What?!” she snapped.

“I’m Jack Napier, and I’m surrounded by morons.”

“I’m not a moron! Moron!”

“Jeez, snap, snap.” He sits up and starts putting his shoes on. “Just a joke.”

He just chuckles and gets up to go out and buy chips and cokes for them.

♠ ♠ ♠
I thought I'd update a day early ;]

Happy (Late) Father’s Day everybody. :]

ALSO

“I’m Ryan Dunn, and I’m surrounded by morons.”

Ryan Matthew Dunn
R.I.P.
6/20/11

Miss you like fuck!

POST A COMMENT;
MentalMasturbation
xx; Ignorance
Mckaela Haner
Shadow's Gate
Brooklynn Marie
jokie
DaniBaby
Catharine.
serinitycelene
Escape.My.Fate
Strange Lifestyles
starbella
XxbrokensoulxX
ThereAre666Ways2Love
ChasingMemories
Cutie 0.0 Cucumber
Bunny-on-Drugs
Angelofhellsfire
Xxsk8tersrockXx
XahhaxRey
I Am Vengeance 6661
Pamela Pandemic
Musicislife89
ItEndsTonight
xXxpeebeejayxXx
Death_to_Roses
wolfprincess1995
lost.in.time
melmelzie
for_the_love_of_me
zipzapzach
HPfreak101
jokerislife
yoshballzonya
Fairy K
Haner's Harlot.
hopewillfall
Meres
LuvSick987
gymnstgril
IcRaVeVeNgEaNcE
SHYLA01
TwistedNaul;
skullgurl2007
Deltagrey
Beast In Repose
Neurotically.Yours
Avngd7XGirl
poisongirl24
Maim.The.Heart.
DefyGravity.
Jamie Glynn;
Emmelz Liebe


POST A COMMENT