Holding On

The Fair



According to Anna, Jack had been acting weirder and weirder, though, Jack was actually just really really excited.

As everyday went by. Jack was at work and Anna was bored at the house. She did her homework for the day, cleaned the house, watched some TV, and colored for a bit. With nothing else to do, she sat outback in the fields staring up at the sky; daydreaming. She promised Jack she wouldn't go out again, even if she wanted to. She never wanted to repeat what happened last time. So she stared at the clouds floating above and tried picking out what each cloud was shaped like. So far she got a rabbit, a horse, a pirate ship, and a fish. This made Anna very sleepy as she closes her eyes, letting the sun warm her.



Jack rushed home, way too excited to tell Anna about the fair. He wanted to get home fast so he could change and get Anna ready so they can leave. On the bike it would take them about an hour to an hour ½. Once he reached to the house, he jumped off his bike letting his hit the ground and ran up the front steps.

“Anna?!” he yelled out, receiving no answer. “Anna?” nothing, “Dammit, not again.” he growled and ran through the kitchen, out the back door. “Anna?!”

Anna woke from someone calling out her name.

“Anna!!” she heard Jack yell.

“What?!” She sat up and looked at the back porch to find Jack about to yell out again till he saw her.

He sighed in relief before walking down the steps towards her. “I thought you ran off again.”

“Trust me. I learned my lesson.” she said, rolling her eyes with a smile on her face. It drove Jack crazy when she smiled like that. It made him grin like an idiot. “I got bored, and decided to get some color on my face. I'm white as Elmer's glue.”

He chuckled, crossing his arms. “Then I have some good news for you.”

“What?”

“I've got us something.”

“What??” she asked impatiently, making him chuckle more.

“You'll see. Get ready though.”

“Why? What are you doing? What's going on?” she panicked.

“Hurry up!” he ordered walking inside the house with her on his heels.



Jack sat on the steps, waiting impatiently for Anna to hurry up as he bounced his legs and fumbled his thumbs. When she emerged from the house with one of his hoodies, he stood.

“Ready?” he asks,

“I guess. Jack, are you sure this is a good idea?”

“It'll be fine. Trust me.” he grinned pulling her hood up. “I promised I'd take you out, didn't I?”

“You did, but I thought I was still 'grounded'.”

He smirked, “Just for tonight then, 'kay?”

She rolls her eyes, “Fine.”

“Enough with the eye-rolling, missy. Or I'll rip them out.” he jokes as he picked up his bike and got on.

He looked back at her as Anna stepped on the pegs and gripped Jacks shoulders.

“Just let me know when your legs start to hurt.”

“Okay.”

Jack pushed off and started peddling with the extra weight and rode down the dirt rode into Gotham.



It took what Jack predicted, 1 ½ hours to get to the fair in the town near Gotham. Anna was sort of confused as people were walking towards the ticket booth, laughing. As Jack went for a stop, he waited for her to get off. Anna jumped off and stared at Jack dumbfounded but with a little excitement in her eyes. Jack went over to the parking rack and chained his bike several times so no one would steal it. He then turned to Anna and lightly dragged her towards the entrance.

“Tickets?” the annoyed woman asks as Jack pulled out two tickets making Anna's eyes widen. The woman rips the end piece off and hands them back to Jack, “Enjoy your time.”

“Lets go.” He takes her hand and leads her inside.

“You got us tickets to a fair?!”

“Yeah. Surprise!” He grins as her eyes widen as she looked around the grounds to see all kinds of food stands and colorful rides.

“Wanna go on one?”

“YES!!” She screams in excitement, before grabbing his hand and running towards the spinning one.



Jack was completely proud with himself. Anna was having a good time and nobody bothered to notice who she was, they were having almost as much fun as Anna was. They had a few snacks; cotton candy, corn dogs, and french fries. Some of the food they had made Anna sick just thinking about it, let alone people eating it. They went on almost every ride in the fair. Jack and Anna were laughing as they walked by the prize games catching some old guys attention.

“You there boy! How about a shot, eh?” a hillbilly man with a gray beard stopped Jack and Anna as they looked at the game the man was pointing at.

It was one where you had to shoot the moving targets. Around the stand were a bunch of stuffed animals. One caught Anna's eye. It was a large light brown teddy bear with a red heart shaped nose. Jack notices this.

“Alright.” he nods paying the man 3 dollars for a round. He picked up the BB pistol gun and aimed it at the wall where the ducks will appear and move across the tin water.

“You got till the buzzard goes off.” he says as Jack nods.

The man turned on the game as the yellow ducks with targets on their bellies appeared and started 'swimming' in 3 rows going opposite directions. Jack kept both eyes open as he aimed and pulled the trigger. Anna was surprised when Jack was knocking over the ducks with each shot. When the buzzard went off Jack pulled back from whatever faze he was in and set the BB gun down.

“Nice job, son! Pick your prize!” the man grinned, motioning towards all the stuffed animals.

Jack turns to Anna and smiling then gives her a wink before he pointed at the light brown bear hanging on the side of the stand. The man pulls off the bear then hands it to Jack who then hands it to Anna. Anna couldn't get rid of this grin she had on her face as she hugged the bear tightly to her chest.

“Thank you.”

“No problem.” he winked as they continued walking around.



It got near to the end of the night when Anna wanted to go on the Ferris Wheel. She always found them 'neat' and begged Jack to let them go up. Jack couldn't resist her pouting face.

They got to the boy at the stand, and got in the cart after handing him money. Anna was giggling like crazy which was making Jack burst out in his own chuckles. They started moving around in a large circle, every time when their at the top they reached to try and grab the stars before going back down and around again.

“I think, this, might be my favorite ride.” she says, still looking up at the sky.

“Cool...Just don't look down.” Jack smiled as she tried not to look down as best as she could.

When the wheel stopped. They were at the very top. Anna knew what would happen the couples on top of the Ferris Wheel. She seen it in movies. And here she was on one...With Jack...She could feel her heart pounding and her stomach doing flips. She felt Jack stretched his arms out and rest one on the side of the cart. Anna felt curious as she looked down to see tiny ants walking around. But they weren't ants.

“Oh my gosh!” she back up into Jack as she realized how high up they were.

“Anna! I said don't look down!” Jack grasped her arms to keep her still so they don't rock themselves out of the cart!

“I want down...I want down, NOW.”

“Hey, hey, Anna-bear. Anna! Look at me!” he turned her body around and cupped her face in his rather large hands and forced her to look at him. “Look at me... You're okay. I got you. I won't let you fall out...” he hushed to her.

Anna felt her heart hammering her chest now and her head become fuzzy as she let out a shaky breath as she couldn't hold it in anymore. “Please...Don't get mad at what I'm about to do...”

Confused, Jack went to ask why when she pressed her lips against his own. Too shocked to do anything, Jack merely stared at her closed eyes till she pulled away and turned her back to him.

“Now forget what just happened...” she muttered to him.

Her mind was racing and her head felt light but couldn't float away because her body felt so heavy. She had to get it off her chest. She couldn't take it anymore! Now things are going to be different! She's ruined her friendship with Jack just by kissing him. But could you blame her? With all the winks he's been giving her? It was enough for any girl to turn to jell-o! And for being a 16 year old boy, he was definitely HOT. She shut her eyes, and clutched her bear, wishing she would disappear when she felt his hand grip her chin and turned her head towards him. He looked different. His eyes held something she hasn't seen before. He didn't look mad at all. He looked...Happy. And his eyes looked needy.

He grinned, looking into her own eyes, as he shook his head and scrunched up his nose. “Nahhh.” he muttered to her before he kissed her.

♠ ♠ ♠
Finally I get to update! I'm so so so sorry for the delay! But I am happy that I got to finally do this chapter. I had notes of it, but I never got around to actually write it up! Hopefully everyone is happy with this! :]

Comment Please!!
Cutie 0.0 Cucumber
FallenAngelRocker91
perfectly ovscure;
SHYLA01
mantis3216
Emmelz Liebe
JinxedLullaby01
majoji
I Am Vegeance 6661
perfectly obscure;
korrinnexamourx
LuvVampireDiaries
violetkarma
The Silent Clown
iwishxthat