Holding On

Dreaming

When Anna woke up the next morning, she was disappointed. Her dreams were starting to mock her because in it, her and Jack kissed. It was an amazing feeling, and when they got home that night after the fair; he said goodnight to her at her bedroom door, making it like he's dropping her off from a date though it's the hallway instead of the front porch. And after she closed the door, he knocked on it and kissed her once more when she opened it. But it was all a dream. That is till Anna looked in her arms and saw the light brown, heart nosed bear in her arms. 'Was it a dream?' She thought. 

From downstairs, she smelt something and heard someone whistling. She hopped out of bed and ran down the stairs to see Jack in the kitchen making...Pancakes? They didn't have a griddle and didn't have flower, eggs and what not so... how? She noticed a sheet of metal that laid on top of the stove. On the counter was one of those box pancake mix, all you add is milk (or water).

Jack had not notice Anna and continued to whistle. Anna smoothed out her night shirt (that used to belong to Jack) and cleared her throat to get his attention. He jumped about two feet with a yelp and looked to see Anna standing by the small table in the kitchen. He smiled widely and gave a small wave. 

“Hey.” he said. “Morning.” he let out a small shy chuckle. 

'Jack's acting weird.' thought Anna,

“Morning.” she gave a small smile before sitting down.

“Dream nice? Or I-I mean, sleep well?” he shook off his mistake and kept his smile.

'Really weird.'

“Good?” she shrugs,

“That's good. Yeah... Sleep.” he clapped with the spatula in his hand. “It's good for you. Gives you lots of energy. Yep.” he added. “Yep.”

As he mumbled on and on about other things that are good, Anna saw the pancakes starting to smoke. “Uh, Jack?”

“Yes?!” he snapped out of whatever place he was in and looked at her with large eyes.

“Pancakes are burning.”

“What?” he looks behind him to see a cloud of smoke coming from the metal sheet. “Shit!” 

He blew out the fire on the stove and grabbed an old towel to grab the sheet and move it from the stove. He sighed at the burnt pancakes.

“Oops.” he mumbled. Anna couldn't help but laugh at his pouty face. “I'll eat it.” he said slapping it on one of the two plates and slammed two good ones on the other and brought the plates on the table then rushed to grab forks and the syrup. He passed one to Anna and just sat there as she poured some syrup on her pancakes and took a bite. “Good?”

“Mmhmm.” she replied.

Jack's smile couldn't get any bigger as he began eating himself. Anna wanted to ask why Jack was acting so weird. Did last night really happen and was that why he's acting so odd?

“Jack?”

“Yes?”

“Last night...Did we...?”

“What?” he set his fork down and leaned on his arms against the table.

“Kiss?” she asked shyly.

Jack smiled and nodded his head. “Yeah. We did...Why are you regretting it?” he panicked.

“No no, I just thought it was a dream...”

“Oh. It wasn't.”

“Yeah. I figured that.” she chuckles rubbing her arms. It was cold in the house today but her face was burning.

“Anna?” She looked up at him,

“Yeah?”

“How long have you liked me?”

Anna felt her heart pounding again as she continued rubbing her arms as she shrugs her shoulders, “For over a year...”

“And you never said anything?”

“Why didn't you?”

“I was merely waiting for the right time.” he crossed his arms and leaned back on his chair. 

“Okay...How long have you liked me?”

“About a year...”

“Really??”

“Yeah.” he chuckled, moving his chair closer to hers. “I was going to tell you at the fair, but...You kinda beat me to it.”

“Sorry...” she tucked her head down and played with her fingers, twisting them and bending them. 

She felt him get closer till she felt his hand on her cheek. She looked up to see his face close to hers but far enough to where she can push him away if she felt uncomfortable.

“So...Um...What now?” she asked in a shaky voice.

“Well...” he leaned closer, “What do you want?...”

Anna couldn't speak. She bit her bottom lip and shrugged her shoulders again. 

“Do you want us to stay...Friends?” She shook her head no, “Do you want us to be like brother and sister?” she shook her head viciously making him chuckle, “Do you want us to be together?” Anna grinned widely and nodded her head. “Can you speak?”

“Yes.”

“And?”

“Yes.”

“Yes what?”

“Yes, I want us to be together.”

He leaned in closer. “That wasn't so hard.”

Anna shook her head in agreement which made Jack raise an eyebrow. “No it wasn't.” she said. Jack moved his hand to her chin and brought them closer so there was no space between them. When Jack broke the kiss, Anna pinched herself. “Ow.”

“What'd you do??”

“Just checking.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I ment to update yesterday but I was too busy playing Batman: Arkham City. Ironic. Its an awesome game! Anyway, next chapter I should be able to update Sunday.

Please comment!!!
ETF-A7X-BOTDF-BVB
unbroken!paradise
SufferingSweetSorrow
xxHeartagramsXX
xx; Ignorance
The Silent Clown
luckybutton


Thanks for commenting!