Holding On

Accusing



There were times when Jack and Anna would fight and 'break up'. But, in the end, ether one of them would realize what they did wrong and come knocking on the bedroom door asking to be forgiven. Usually it was Jack who was the one knocking.

Anna admired Jack for realizing his mistakes and try to work it out with her. Especially since they live together. It wasn't like Anna was going anywhere.

They finally decide to just take breaks from each other and let the other cool off.

There was one point when Jack came home with a goofy smirk on his face, but never said a word to Anna when he went towards the kitchen to get a bite to eat.

“Whats the smirk for?” asks Anna,

“Hmmmmm~” he replied, not turning around. He just kept wandering the kitchen like an airhead--humming to himself as he grabbed a twinkie from the cabinet.

Anna got up from the couch and approached him silently. “Jack?”

“HmmmHmmHmmmm~” he hummed,

“JACK!”

“What?! What?” he snapped out of whatever land he was in and looked down at his grey-eyed girlfriend.

She chuckles as he looks at her funny, cocking his head to the side like a puppy would. “Why were you smirking?”

“I....Uhh...Was I?” he stuttered, walking past her into the living room and crashed on the couch. He turned the TV on to one of the only channels they could get, which happened to be baseball at the moment.

“Yeah, you were.”

“Oh...”

“Oh...? Just, 'oh'?”

“What is this?! Interrogation?”

“Possibly. Why? What are you hiding?”

“Nothing!” he ran his fingers through his hair frustrated. Anna was feeling suspicious and stood there in front of the TV with her arms crossed. “Babe, you're blocking the TV.”

“I don't give a shit.” She says, shrugging her shoulders.

“Well could you move? The games on.” he kept smirking as he popped the rest of the twinkie into his mouth. Anna felt fed up when Jack would come home like this, so she back kicked the TV; knocking it over. Her stone faced never changed.

“Anna!! What the hell is the matter with you?!” he snaps, spitting some sponge cake in the process.

“I don't know? You tell me.” she shrugs her shoulder.

“Do you know how long it took me to get that?!”

“I don't give a shit!!” she yells, “There's something you haven't been telling me for a while, and I'm pissed off!”

“What are you talking about?! I tell you everything!”

“That's bull!” she exclaims as Jack sat there dumbfounded. “I thought relationships were suppose to be about trust. I don't trust you at all right now.”

Anna leaves and heads for the stairs, Jack sat there baffled at what just happened. He got up from the couch and followed Anna to the stairs, grabbing her arm before she could head up there.

“What do you mean you don't trust me? What have I done?!”

“I have no idea, but you wont tell me!”

“Tell. You. What?!” As Jack tried to get Anna to tell him what shes so upset about, Anna was thinking he was lying to her.

“I think this was a bad idea...” Jack's face suddenly dropped and shook his head.

“What is?”

“This...Us...Together?”

“You're breaking up with me, for what?!” Anna couldn't say anything. She pulled her arm away and headed up to her room. “Anna this is ridiculous! Anna!!” all Jack heard was the door slamming shut. “Fuck!”

He punches the wall and heads back to the living room, sitting back down on the couch; furiously trying to figure out what he had done wrong. Okay, so he was in a good mood, what was the big deal? Well, on the other side of the fence, Anna paced in her room trying to figure out why
he seems so happy without telling her why. Her throughts traveled to many theories, and one kept popping out the most. Another girl. What if he was cheating on her with a girl his age? It could be a huge possibility since Jack has a social job and goes to the store. There could have been a girl at the drug store or grocery store when he went to stock up. Or a girl came into his store...

Anna threw open the door and ran downstairs and stood in front of the blonde haired boy, who had his head in his hands. At first, she felt guilty to ruin his cheerful mood and wanted to hug him. But she reminded herself why she was mad and wanted to get to the bottom of things.

“Who is she?”

Jack raised his head and looked at her confused, “Who's who?”

“The girl you're seeing behind my back!”

“What are you talking about? There's no one!”

Anna was bad at telling if he was lying or not, but the look on his face read; confusion, hurt, worry-- and it only made Anna feel guilty even more and second guessing her accusation. She started to feel embarrassed and her vision became blurry. She quickly headed for the kitchen to the back door where she would go to the field to get away. But Jack wasn't having it.

“Woah, woah, woah-- Anna, hey!” he grabs her by the arm and pulls her back and she's now full blown crying. Anna bowed her head to hide her humility as Jack tries to get her to look at him. “Why do you think I'm seeing another girl?”

Anna shook her head and wiped her eye, which made her mascara smear over her temple.

“Anna-bear...” he bents down a bit to try and see her face, as she turns away. “C'mon. Talk to me, babe...”

“You were...really-really happy when you came home and...” She hiccuped, “And I didn't know why...You also get to go, ou-out there while I stay here...You're just so handsome and-and funny, and you probably have prettier girls your age making moves... You could totally find someone better and prettier than me. “

“I'm gonna stop you right there...” he pulled her into a hug and kissed the top of her head as she sobbed into his chest. “I'll admit...I get girls my age walking in and try flirting with me. But they don't matter...You're the only gal for me, toots...And you're beautiful.”

Anna sniffles and rubs her fingers under her eyes to wipe her runny mascara as Jack pulled away slowly, pushing her hair behind her ears. “Then...Why were you so happy when you came home?”

Jack didn't say anything. He just looked in her eyes and reached into his pocket, taking her hand with his other and dropped something in her hand. There in her hand was a heart shaped necklace. It was a cheap thing but it made Anna gap like a fish.

“Happy 6 month anniversary.” he grinned, doing jazz hands.

Anna had felt so stupid at that moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
Guess who's backkkk~?

Let me just say, that I am so so sorry for my absence. I have been on a HUGE writers block, and because of that; I haven't been on Mibba or on my computer for that matter.

But I hadn't forgotten about this story or you guys! I think about this story at least 5 times a month. And I have gotten comments hoping I would continue writing, and I am determined to finish this damn story!! I started it when I was 17 and I just turned 22 today!

I had to go back and read what I wrote and all my notes to see where the hell I'm going with this. I honestly think I'm pulling the plot out of my ass, but I think I got it.

I'm not sure when I'll get the next chapter out, but keep holding on guys! I'm not done here yet!

Also, thank you everyone who haven't given up on this story for the past 2 1/2 years I was gone. You guys inspire me.

~Irene

PS, sorry if this chapter is crappy.