Holding On

Wayne Manor

I sat up taking in a deep breath and rubbed my forehead. I had a dream when he promised to take care of me. I never had a dream about him, let alone a flashback, since I left Gotham. I had told myself never to think of his name. Never ever again.

I had my suitcase filled with clothes, bathroom products, lady products, ECT. Annoyed at my dream. But pushing it inside, and put the playing card with my wallet in my purse and met Ally outside. I had called both my jobs (The Bar and Restaurant) that I would be out for a couple of weeks. I locked my door and put my bag in Ally’s trunk and got into the passenger seat as she went in the drivers seat and pulled out of the lot, leaving New York, and heading to Gotham…I have a sick feeling in my stomach that I wasn’t ready to come home.

On the interstate, we left our state and only had 2 more to go. Ally had her iPod hooked up to the radio and had the GPS on. Both were loud and it gave me a headache. We stopped at a gas station and I got a bottle of water and some ibuprofen. Ally wanted to sleep so I took over driving and followed the navigator.

A few hours later, we had entered the state and I saw the sign I thought I would never seen again…

Welcome To Gotham City

I inhaled a deep breath then exhaled a shaky breath, the city was much beautiful I admit during the day. The streets were filled with nothing but cars. It was just like back in New York, except not as crowded I guess? I the navigator with the funny voice told me.

Left, right, left, right, 300 yards, 200 yards, 100 yards, you have reached your destination.

We were surrounded by green with the city buildings in a distance. I gazed up at the large castle-like mansion and I could feel my mouth drop to my lap. I drove across the round gravel and then turned off the car, putting it in park. I leaned over to Ally and shook her shoulder.

“We’re here.” I said.

She moaned then looked out the window, jumping in her seat with her jaw like mine not long ago.

“Oh, my, god.” She mutters.

“I thought you would know that he’s fabulously wealthy?”

“I do!” she exclaims, “But, wow! I can’t wait to see my room!” she smirks climbing out of the car and running up to the door without getting her bag.

I rolled my eyes and smiled, lifting the trunk and getting our bags. When I looked up, I saw Ally hugging an old man.

Now that can’t be Bruce.

She walks inside as the older man comes down the steps and towards me.

“You must be, Melinda, I presume?” he asks,

“Yes, I am.” I smiled, sticking my hand out and shook his. “Are you Bruce Wayne?”

“Oh no! I’m Alfred, Master Wayne’s Butler.”

I made my mouth into an ‘O’ shaped and nodded my head.

“May I take your bags?” he asks,

“Um, sure, here” I said giving him Ally’s bag and took mine.

We went inside and it was even more beautiful than outside. I could hear Ally laughing with someone from the left side of the place. I saw Ally hugging a man then pulling back. The man looked behind her to me and smiles, Ally notices and looks behind her to see Alfred and I setting down the bags.

“Oh, Bruce!” she runs over to me, “This is my best friend, Melinda!”

He came towards me and takes my hand kissing my knuckles. This wasn’t the first time someone kissed my hand; but I won’t go there yet.

“It’s nice to meet you, Melinda.” He lets go of my hand and stands up straight.

“You too.”

“Alfred, would you mind showing them to their rooms.” Bruce asks.

“Absolutely, this way.” Alfred assures, taking Ally’s bag and going up the stairs.

Bruce winks at me as I picked up mine and followed Alfred. I shook my head and climbed the stairs.

Down the hall were many rooms, Alfred stopped at one telling Ally this was her room. She squeals and jumps on the large queen size bed. Alfred opened another door not far from Ally’s and turns to me.

“This will be your room, Miss Anderson.” He says,

I walked into the room. There was a large window north, a queen size bed on the right, and on the left was a fireplace with a flat screen TV above it and two chairs around it. The colors were different shades of brown and the lights made it beautiful. I smiled to myself and put down my suitcase.

“Are you glad I made you come?” Ally asks standing at the doorframe.

I turned to her and playfully glared before letting out a small laugh.



The man was tied up in a chair in the dark, with a piece of cloth around his mouth so only his words muffled. He tried desperately to break free—only to make his skin rub against the rope, creating a wound. He heard laughing, from behind the door. He struggles more only to fall sideways. He watches as the door opened to appear a dark figure, and he knew exactly who it was.

“Well, hello, hello Mr. Freeman.” The figure chuckles as he approaches closer and closer to Freeman.

The Freeman guy struggles even more than starts to cry, muffling more.

“Oh, shh, shh, shh” the figure says rubbing his face, “Tell Mr. Freeman…Would you like to be, a Free Man?”

The man nods his head roughly letting out a loud sob.

“Alright…I’ll free you…But first.” He pulls out a switchblade and brings it close to his face, “Do you know where I got these scars?” he asks showing off his yellow teeth.



I spent most of my time unpacking my clothes, making sure they were nice and neat and folded before putting them in the dressers, I put my make up and junk on top on the dresser, and then I pulled out the playing card I put in my wallet, in my purse and set it on my night stand. I heard my door open and saw Ally already in her pj’s, running towards me then jumping on my bed.

“I love our rooms, don’t you?” she gossips,

“It’s beautiful. And the bed is very comfortable.” I said lying down on it. “I think I might move in with your cousin.”

She laughs, “Oh, do you like my cousin?” she asks wiggling her eyebrows.

“He’s…Cute.” I almost stuttered.

“Awe; how sweet! When’s the wedding?”

“Get off my bed!” I pushed her with my foot.

“I’ve been thinking. You want to go around the city and check out the shops there tomorrow?” she asks. “I’d be fun.”

“Sure, why not?”

She claps her hands together and smiled so widely—I thought her cheeks would rip. I shook my head remembering the ripping and tearing…and all that blood... We talked for awhile till I yawned, so she left to go to her room as I turned off the lights and crawled under the covers and got comfy, which wasn’t hard at all. The bed also helped my back, it was sore for a bit but it started to feel much better.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have a star on this story! :D 35 readers, 8 subscribers, and 30 comments.
thank you,
LoveMckaela.
Mental Masturbation.

for commenting. :]

Bedroom