Holding On

Anna-Bear

It has been 2 months since Jack saved Anna. He had gotten her to open up more and realized how hyper she can be, and the candy he stolen didn’t help the process. She would latterly bounce off the walls, laughing. It made Jack happy, though he thought the candy was too much.

Anna was outside picking small white daisies and running towards Jack, who just came back from work with a bag of groceries. He sees her running towards him, and smiles before she runs into his arms.

“How was work?” she asks,

“Boring. It was slow. I thought I told you to stay inside while I was gone?”

“I was bored, and it’s brighter out here than in there!”

Jack cocks his head to the side still holding his smile, as Anna gives Jack the daises and ran back in the house. Jack smells the small daisies, chuckles, then follows Anna inside.

“Hey! Anna-bear. C’mere!” he curves his index finger towards him a few times to make her come.

She skips over at the dinning table, almost slamming into it. She liked the nickname Jack had given her. Jack pulls out a two subs from one of the gas stations and holds them up.

“Turkey or Ham?” he asks,

“Turkey.”

He nods handing her then turkey sub and pulls out two bags of chips. “Lays or Dori—“

“Doritos!!!” she snags it.

He laughs then throws the plastic “thank you” bag with a smiley face on it behind him, getting a small cup, filling it with water then putting it on the table before he sits down with Anna and digs it.

“Anna-bear.”

“Hm?” she looks up at him with a chip in her mouth.

“You want to go to the movies tonight?” he asks taking a bite of his sub. “We can go see Bio-Dome!”

“That’s for boys! Let’s go see 101 Dalmatians!”

“Aw… Alright.”

“But, how are we going to go see it?” she asks, “You don’t have enough money to take us.”

“Ah, but I have something up my sleeve.” He winks.

Anna was confused, but after they ate, they walked to the movies and snuck in and saw 101 Dalmatians. At first, Anna was scared they would get in trouble, but they didn’t. After the movies, Jack took her to a local Ice Cream polar. He had enough money to get her and himself French-vanilla ice cream cone. They walked home just finishing their ice cream then went to bed.

During the night, Anna shot out from her bed crying from the nightmare she had about her father…Again. It was raining outside and the loud thunder made her jump. She hid under the covers and slowly peeked over them, and because of her huge child imagination she saw a dark figure of her father in the window as lightning flickered. She screeches; throwing the covers of herself and ran out of her room, across the hall, and in Jack’s room. She sees him lying on his stomach, snoring softly, with his arm hanging off the mattress, and the covers below his feet; almost off the bed. She notices the small daisies in the cup he filled earliar next to his bed; it made her smile slightly, and she slowly walks towards him and pokes his cheek to wake him up.

“Jack?” she whispers, poking his cheek again.

He didn’t wake up so she shacks his shoulder slightly, repeating his name. He inhales a deep breath and looks up at Anna with sleepy eyes.

“What’s wrong?” he asks drowsy.

“I had another nightmare.” She says,

“About your Dad?” she nods,

“Can I sleep with you tonight?” she asks in a small voice.

“Umm…Yeah.” he sits up and looks down at the covers down at his feet and grabs them, pulling them up and scooting over for her. “C’mon.” he pats the bed.

She crawls in as he pulls the covers over them and faced each other.

“Alright. He’s not going to get you. I’ll protect you, alright?” he puts an arm around her protectively.

“Thank you.” She whispers kissing his cheek and closes her eyes.

Jack smiled and closed her eyes as well.

“Goodnight Jack.”

“Goodnight Anna-Bear.”

They whispered to each other before falling asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Commenters:
MentalMasturbation
LoveMckaela


Comment please. :]

Daisies