Holding On

No Handle Bars

A few months past after Anna’s nightmare. She rarely had them since she just goes to Jack’s room and stays there. Anna was going to be 12 in a couple of weeks and today she was playing with an old puzzle that had missing pieces. The picture was turning into a bugs bunny even if it was missing some pieces in his ear, cheek, and tooth. He looked funny, and she wanted to show Jack. She went outside to see him riding a brand new looking red bike. Anna cocked her head to the side and stepped close enough for him to notice her. He smiles at her and does a small wheelie and rides over to her and stops.

“Jack, where did you find that?” she asks curiously.

“The bike?” she nods, “Oh, I found it.” He smirks.

“Are you sure you didn’t steal it?” she puts her hands on her hips, raising an eyebrow.

“Now why would you think such a thing?” he says still grinning like a mad man.

“You’ll get in trouble! Take it back!”

“No!” he turns the bike around and rides around the house again.

Anna huffed, crossing her arms and watching him as he made laps around the house. He came around the next time and looks over at her.

“Look, I can ride my bike with no handle bars!” he laughs putting his arms out to the side like they were wings and rode straight without even crashing.

“It’s not your bike. It could be a little boy’s bike!” she yells, “And be careful; you’ll fall!!”

“Anna! I didn’t steal it from a boy. I stole it from a store!” he chuckles. “It was sitting outside waiting to be taken!”

“Jack!”

“Relax, alright?” he gets off the bike and sets it against the house before walking up to her. “I’m not going to get in trouble, if you’re worried about it.” He puts his hands on her shoulders and moves her upper body left to right.

“I wanted to show you the puzzle I made.” She says,

“You finished it?”

“Yeah. But I’m missing a few pieces.”

“Oh, I’m sorry.” He really was, he got it from someones garbage so Anna doesn’t get so bored. “Can I still see it?”

She nods her head, taking his hand and running inside and she flopped down on the floor and pointed at the puzzle.

“Ha! It looks like Bugs Bunny’s long lost hill-billy brother.” He jokes, making Anna laugh.

“It does, doesn’t it?”

“Mmhm. I’m gonna save it.” He says, picking it up carefully as possible and putting it on the table. “I’ll get a frame from the dollar store for it and hang it.”

“Ok.”

“Then I want you to sign it!”

“Why?”

“So, if you become famous—I have your first autograph!”

“I’m not going to be famous.”

“Well…Just in case, alright?”

She nods.

“You wanna ride my bike?” he asks,

“Yeah!”

He smiles and they both went outside, and Jack helped her ride the bike. Since she never rode one—he taught her the basics and made sure she didn’t fall.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had the song stuck in my head thanks to my friends. XP

Comment, comment, comment.
Let me know what you think. :]

Commenters;
MentalMasturbation
LoveMckaela
Shadow's Gate
Brooklynn Marie
how pretty.