Holding On

Happy Birthday

”Hey…Anna-Bear! Wake up!” someone was hissing in Anna’s ear.

She opened her eyes to see Jack hovering over her shacking her.

“What is it?” she whines rubbing her eyes.

“Happy Birthday, birthday girl!” he exclaims throwing his arms outwards. “Your 12!!”

“I’m 12!” She smiles sitting up.

“And I got a surprise for you!” Jack smiles messing her hair up and jumping off the bed running out of the room.

“What is it!?”

“Nope! I’m not gonna tell ya!” he yells towards her, making an echo then returned poking his head out. “It’s a secret.” He puts his finger to his lip before running away.

“Jack! That’s not fair!” she crosses her arms as she got no reply. “Jack Heath Napier!!!” she yells using his full name.

“Hey now, Anna Rose Collins!! Just ‘cause it’s your Birthday does not mean you can do anything you want.” He pokes his head out again wagging his finger at her. “C’mon get up.”

Anna did as she was told and got dressed then ran out to the living room where Jack had gotten some stuff from the dollar store to decorate the room with balloons and paper ribbons and a sign that said ‘Happy Birthday’. Anna felt like crying with joy, she had never had something like this for her birthday. She sees Jack next to a small box of cupcakes, wearing a dirty green, red and yellow trousers, a big bow tie, and a red nose. He smiles at her as she laughs at him.

“What?”

“Why are you dressed up like a clown?” she asks between laughs.

“Because Ronald McDonald didn’t want the job, so I took it.” He smirks taking out a long balloon. “Balloon animals?” he asks.

Anna smiled and sat in the living room Indian style, as Jack came over with a pump and started filling the balloon with air. He tied it and filled another with air then started twisting them together, then stopped getting confused. He walks over towards the counter reading something then coming back and tying it. When he was finished it was some kind of animal Anna didn’t recognize.

“What is it?” she asks,

“Umm. A dog? I think? It’s supposed to be a dog!” Jack growls then toss it grabbing the directions and reading other tricks. “Ok…Ummm…Oh that looks easy.”

He grabs a white balloon, a yellow balloon, and a green balloon and blew them both up. He started twisting, while looking at the directions and finishes then handing it to Anna. It was a flower. A daisy. She smiles and gives him a big hug.

“I’m not very good with balloons.” Says Jack.

“You did good with this one.” She waves the flower.

“Yeah. I got magic stuff, lets try that.” He says running towards a box and pulls some stuff out grabbing a coin and showing it to Anna. “Watch. I’m going to make it disappear.” He moves his hands around and throws it behind in and shows the palm of his hands. “Ta-da!”

“Booo!!”

“Shut up.” He mutters,

Anna giggles as he picked up the deck of cards and told her to pick a card. She picked one and he shuffles the deck then told her to put it back. He shuffles it and takes her palm and puts 4 cards into her hand, not letting her look at them. He puts the bigger deck and puts it on the floor and told her to stick out her fist and hold the 4 cards between her index finger and her middle finger and told her to keep it tight but not too tight. Then he slaps it making the cards fall on the ground except one.

“That your card?” he asks pointing at the one between her fingers.

She looks and her mouth dropped. There it was.

“How’d you do that?!” she exclaims looking at the card then the rest of the cards on the ground.

“A magician never reveals his secret.” He winks.

“You got to tell me!” she stands up. “Please!!” she whines.

“Maybe in a few years.” She smiles at her excitement.

An hour later, Jack took off his red nose and told her to blow the candle on her cupcake and make a wish.

“I wish—“

“Don’t tell me!”

“Why not?”

“It won’t come true.”

Anna nodded; closing her eyes wishing in her mind then blew the candle out.

“So what did you wish for?” asks Jack.

“You said not to tell you!”

He chuckles, “Just checking.”

Anna and Jack ate the cupcakes and watched Rugrats. Anna was still had her card and she was examining it. Jack notices and looks at her card. It was a joker card of a jester boy in red, green, and yellow.

“He looks like you.” Anna points at it.

“The joker kid?”

“Yeah.” Anna smiles, “Can I have this?”

“Sure. It’s your birthday present.”

“Thank you.” Anna leans up and kisses his cheek.

“Your welcome.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I thought Jack's middle name should be Heath, because the 80's Joker; Jack Nicholson (Jack), Dark Knight's Joker; Heath Ledger (Heath), and though the 60's Batman's Joker was Cesar Romero, I did some research and figured out the guy who played Alfred in the 60's with Cesar was named Alan Napier (Napier).
So I thought making Jack Napier's middle name Heath was a good idea. ;]

Comment please<3

Commenters;
MentalMasturbation
LoveMckaela
Shadow's Gate
Brooklynn Marie
how pretty.
xx; Ignorance
DaniBaby


Magic Trick.

Balloon Flower