Shooting Stars

I Could Really Use A Wish Right Now

A silent tear slipped down the cheek of Sophie Williams as she placed a white rose on the black coffin that would soon be lowered into the ground. Oliver Sykes, her boyfriend of 3 years, was dead. He had been stabbed to death by a crazed fan.

Everything had been going so well for them, too well for something so bad to happen. Her modeling career was just taking off and the popularity or BMTH was skyrocketing. Why would something like this happen?

She brought her hands to her face, as the realization hit her. There was so much they hadn't done together. So much they would never experience. She let out a few sobs, trying to compose herself, but that soon became impossible.

She smiled a little as her friend Zack put a comforting arm around her shoulder. All their other friends were there, mostly those who had done Warped with them. All Time Low, NeverShoutNever, Escape the Fate, Paramore, and all the others looked around sadly, but kept themselves together for Sophie.

Sophie looked up at Zack, "Thanks for being here today," She said, "It means a lot to me." She played with the bow that was tied to her dress.

"No problem," Zack replied in a low voice, "We are all going to miss him. BMTH was a big part of Warped and it is sad that it had to end so soon." He immediately knew that he had said something wrong because Sophie burst into tears and fled the cemetery. He followed after her, even though it had started to rain.

Finally Zack had caught up to Sophie. She had stopped crying as far as he could tell, but it was still raining. Slowly, he walked up to her and pulled her into his arms. "I'm sorry." That was all he said and that was all he needed to say. She wrapped her arms around him and let him pick her up.

Zack carried Sophie all the way back to the cemetery and put her in the car, driving her back to the hotel that everyone was staying at. When the car stopped, he looked over to her, to find that she was peacefully asleep. He smiled to himself and gently shook her awake.

Sophie slowly opened her eyes and blinked a few times, taking in the new setting. She looked up and smiled as she realized she was with Zack. He wrapped his arms around her and gently picked her up, walking towards the door to the elevator.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and buried her head in his chest. He gave a little sigh as he thought about how they could have been together for the past 3 years. He had asked her out, but she had said no when Oliver asked her out. They all stayed friends, but he still loved her no matter what.

"What's the matter?" Sophie asked, looking up at him, making his breath catch.

"Nothing," He lied, "I was just thinking about things." He looked around, waiting for the elevator. "Are you hungry?" He asked, filling the silence.

She just nodded and ran her hand through her hair, closing her eyes as they entered the elevator. A few seconds later, they were on the13th floor, which had been closed off for all the bands. "

Zack put her down. "You should go get changed, and we could get something to eat," He told her, she nodded and they both parted ways.

---

When Sophie entered her room, she closed the door behind her and slid down to the floor, crying again. She was so confused about what she was supposed to do. Her heart was sad because Oliver had died, yet she wanted to eat Zack alive.

"I could really use a wish right now," She whispered to herself. If she could have any wish at all she would wish for everything to be normal, they way it was supposed to be. After a few more minutes of crying in the dark, silent room, she got up and started to get ready for dinner.

When she was done she went to Zack's room and quietly knocked on the door, which was opened a half-second later. Zack smiled and stepped out, making sure to lock the door, and offered his arm to Sophie.

Sophie giggled, glad that she had a friend to cheer her up after such a long day. They walked down to the lobby, and got into a cab this time, going to some fancy French restaurant whose name sounded like a monster.

A waitress came up to their table after they had been seated to take their orders. "My name is Amber and I will be your waitress for the night, what may I serve you two?" She asked in an extremely peppy voice.

Zack spoke first, ordering the lobster tails with butter and a salad, and when it was Sophie's turn she ordered the same. He gave her a look. "What?" She half-asked, half-yelled, "Lobster s my favorite."

"I didn't say anything Sophie. You should really be more quiet," He joked, "People are watching us..." Then he started to sing in an off-key voice.

Sophie laughed and smiled at him, throwing one of the small pieces of bread that had been left on the table for them at him. "Thanks," She said after she had stopped laughing.

His head cocked to the side, and he looked confused. "For what?" He asked.

"For being my best friend."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, they have elevators in parking lots.
Sorry I had to cut it short!