Status: Up and running xD

When I Go, Bring Me Back Again

Day One

I rolled over in my bed, giving up on getting any sleep before school when what sounded like crumpling paper came from beneath my head. I picked it up and reached back pulling it and held it above my face. It looked like regular copy paper, creases along it’s middle. I stretched, reaching for my lamp and failed a few times before I turned it on. I opened up the paper, my eyes landing on the only words that marked it.

Two weeks.

I looked at it for a few moments, not really understanding the meaning behind it and crumpled it up tossing it across my room. I dropped my head and closed my eyes, an insanely loud buzzing came from my right making me jump.
“Son of a bitch!” I slammed the alarm, I hated those with a passion. I curse whoever created them. I pushed myself up and out of bed stripping out of my dirty boxers and pulled on some clean clothes. I stopped at my calender, something was wrong with it. I ran my hand through my hair looking at it noticing it was on February. My face scrunched up as I glared at it, my head tilting to the side in confusion.
“I would have sworn I changed that,” I mumbled but left it alone and finished getting ready.
“Frank sweetheart are you ready for school?” I looked over at the time and saw that I was running behind.
“Shit... YEAH!” I pulled on my shoes and tripped down the hall. I ran down the stairs, slipping on the last one and landed on my ass.
“I told you to stop running down those things, you’re going to break your neck one of these days.” she sighed grabbing her purse from the counter.
“Yeah, sorry.” I grimaced grabbing the railing and pulled myself up. I limped behind her, rubbing my lower back, my ass hurt like hell now. I climbed in the car, the cold enveloped my small body and I started shaking.
“Where’s your jacket?” I looked over at her as she turned on the heat.
“Locker.” I replied, my teeth chattering.
“I bet it’s keeping that locker of yours warm isn’t it?” I laughed.
“Maybe I should climb in it today, stay there and not go to classes. That way I’ll stay nice and toasty.” I stated making her laugh.
“Smart ass.” she sighed. I shrugged slouching in my seat, watching the houses as we passed them. It wasn’t that long of a ride to the school, normally when it was nice outside I would walk there and back but when it was icy and freezing like today, Mom would take me. When she pulled up next to the school it was finally beginning to get warm, just my luck. I opened up the door, cold air making my body feel like it was being placed up against a giant ice cube.

“Oh! I forgot to tell you, I’m working late today. So either ride the bus or catch a ride with your friends okay sweetheart?” I nodded getting out and ran. Fuck me sideways for not having a jacket I swear. The door slammed shut behind me and I looked around at the busy halls, groaning I made my way to my locker. The first thing I grabbed was my black Misfits hoodie, I tugged it on over my head. I went to flatten it when I noticed something. There was hot pink nail polish just above the skull.
“What the hell?” I rubbed at it, I used to have it on my old one. But I trashed that a good four or five months ago and bought a new one. Today was really starting off weird. I grabbed my English book and slammed my locker shut walking down the hall. My eyes roamed the walls, the students gossiping or messing around. I rounded the corner walking towards the classroom door. I picked up my head looking straight at his chair and froze in my spot. My eyes locked on the person bent over their sketchbook. Their raven black hair dangling around their face.
“Yo, Frank move it man.” I was pushed forward, by who I didn’t know and didn’t really care. His head lifted causing his hair to fall back as he shoved it behind his ears.
“Gerard?” it barely left my lips. Either I was dreaming, had been dreaming or I was crazy. My feet carried me back to my desk which was right next to his. The entire time my eyes were locked on him, his eyes bore right back into mine. I sat down and faced him, I wanted to touch him because I didn’t believe that he was real.
“Can I help you Frank?” he looked confused.
“Uh-I... sorry. Um I’m a bit off this morning.” I stuttered, the heat rising in my face.
Congratulations Frank Iero on looking like a complete dumb ass!
“Uh ok.” and he went back to drawing. I sighed turning in my chair and began to mess with the cover of the book. Ok had I dreamt that he was dead? Or did I finally crack and now I’m seeing him because of my conscience? I noticed something in my book and flipped the cover. It was another one of those papers. I opened it up, this time there was more than just two words.

Frank,

By now you have noticed that things aren’t the same as they were when you went to bed. We have spent a long time debating over your situation. Who we are does not matter at this time, just know that we know everything that is going on and will be going on. You may notice that Gerard is in fact alive, for now. Today is February 23rd, exactly two weeks before he took his life. Nobody but you knows that so it is wise to keep it to yourself.

We have been watching you closely since that night and we have decided to give you two weeks. You say you wish you had time left to change things and we are granting you this time. So you will have two weeks to alter his path without physically getting in the way. This means that two weeks from now you can not physically prevent him from carrying out his end. If you succeed and prevent him from taking his life, he will continue to live and so on.

We will be watching the both of you Frank. So don’t try anything funny, because as easily as this time is given, it can just as easily be taken away. We trust that you will heed our warnings and not speak of this to him. No one must find out or else you will lose your last moments with him. We hope you succeed Frank, it’s up to you whether or not you do.


I folded the paper up and placed it in my pocket and stared at my desk. Either this was a cruel joke or a miracle. Deciding on the latter of the two I looked back over at him. I knew this would be a lot tougher then just walking up and talking to him and becoming best friends. I had years of pain to make up for, but I wasn’t going to stop for anything. I was going to make the life that he had seen not fit for living and make it the best one I could offer. I just didn’t know how I was going to do it yet.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, it's short. But I would like feedback, knowing that people enjoy this or like it will motivate me to write longer chapters.

Comments please ^_^