‹ Prequel: Trix, Like The Cereal

Diaries of the Mind

Finding Trix

*** This story is the sequel to Trix, Like the Cereal. But you'll understand this one as long as you know Trix was best friends with those lovely Green Day boys since they were kids...well Tre since they were teenagers. Anyway, she left California for college and never returned and that's where the story picks up. But Trix Like the Cereal is great story...very short yet very funny parts i strongly suggest you read ***

July 27, 2005
Mike's Mind

I put down the diary belonging to an old friend. I look at the clock in the corner of my hotel room; eleven-thirty pm. I walk out onto the balcony looking out at the Chicago sky, I know she's here, somewhere. Billie, Tre and I looked for her when we toured the Chicago area, but never any luck. By the time we released our fourth album, Insomniac, we gave up. When we were working on American Idiot, Billie finally let us read her diary, Trix's thoughts. Now I can't help but feel curious of what had happened to her.

She left the Bay area to go to college without telling anyone, not even me and Bill. I was heart broken, I remember the night she left like it was yesterday. I went to her father's house to tell her that I loved her, I had just broken up with my girlfriend Tracey, I loved Trix. There was a van in the driveway and she came out of Billie's garage with her guitar on her back. I found it strange because her guitar never left her room. She came up to me and kissed my lips, it was a deep kiss, a kiss I'd like to relive a million times again. She didn't say a word to me, she just got into the driver's seat of the van and I never saw her again.

I walk over to the dresser against the dark green wall and open the top drawer. Two books sat there, the good book and the phone book. I pick up the phone book and place it on the bed. I turn the pages till I get to the section where the last names start with 'C.' I scroll down the list of names when I see it.

P. Clarie

My heart skips a beat as I look at the number next to it. I pull my cell phone immediately and excitedly, but wait. What if she has young kids now, she's probably asleep, next to some prick of a husband. I shake these thoughts out of my head, I had to call her. I dial the number and put my phone to my ear. It rings only two times before it's picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hello." I clear my throat, "Is this Patricia Clarie?"

"Yes, can I help you?"

"Did you grow up in the suburbs of Oakland?"

"Yeah, who is this?"

"Was your nickname Trix?" I asked, just to make sure.

"Yeah, and it still is, who the hell is this?!" she yells.

"Mike."

"Mike...who?"

"Dirnt, Pritchard, Michael Ryan Pritchard," I stutter.

"Oh my god! Mike!" she squeals, "I was at your show tonight."

"Y-you were?" I ask eagerly.

"Yeah, just got back I was in the mosh pit and everything!" I can't help but chuckle, her excitement still as strong as ever.

"I want to see you, I'm in town a couple of days."

"Yeah, of course."

"How about tomorrow night?"

"Sorry, I'm working."

"Night after that?"

"Working too, tonight's the only night I have off this week."

"Well come tonight then," I persist.

"Yeah! Where are you?"

"Hilton, our alias is Skunkerdoodle."

"Skunkerdoodle?" she laughs.

"Tre chooses our alias names."

"Oh Tre." She sighs, "I want to see all you guys."