‹ Prequel: Trix, Like The Cereal

Diaries of the Mind

I've Missed You

July 28, 2005
Mike's Mind

I wake up holding Trix in my arms. I haven't realized how much I missed her till last night. I like her hair now, it pitch black with bright red tips. The sleeve of her t-shirt is bunched up so I can see the pixie tattoo on her left shoulder. I've hardly ever seen Trix cry, she once fell off her bike into a ditch and got her leg ripped open, she screamed out but didn't cry. She didn't like to show weakness I guess, so it must be a really big thing for her. I move my eyes down to see three black stars on her lower back. On her other shoulder she has some Chinese writing and a skull on her right arm above her Rebel, Rebel tattoo. The only tattoo of hers I can't see is the Green Day one which is on her left arm, which is currently pressed against me.

I run my hand over the pixie tattoo.
"Her name was going to be Alix," she mumbles.
"What?" I say startled that she's awake.
"My daughter, I was going to name her Alix, spelt A-L-I-X."
"Oh," I say as I regain my hold around her.

"Why do you guys all have E-B-P-M tattoos?" so like Trix with her random questions.
"Well a bunch of us East Bay punkers got together and started the East Bay Punk Mafia." She just laughs.
"You're a fruitloop," she mumbles, "Do you have a hangover too?"
"Yeah." I can't help but chuckle even though my head is throbbing in pain and I wanna puke.

"I got aspirin!" Tre yells as we hear him bashing about in the separate part of my suite. "Where are you two fuckers?"
"Shut up Tre!" Trix yells. He stumbles into the bedroom part of the suite and jumps onto the bed. "Aren't you hung over?" he shakes his head.
"If you drink a liter of water before you go to bed you don't get a hangover," he says proudly, "But I brought you guys these." He shakes the pill bottle and Trix snatches it out of his hand and pops a couple in her mouth before passing them to me.

"Hey, you have an anklet too," Tre yelps as he grabs Trix's ankle, "Mine is pertier."
"Uhuh." She laughs.
"C'mon, we're going for breakfast now."
"Breakfast," I mutter as I slide off of the bed. Trix doesn't move.

"C'mon Trix," Tre pleads. He stares at her for a moment then pecks her cheek, "Wake up sleeping beauty!"
"I'm up." Trix pouts as she gets out of bed. "I smell."
"Indeed." Tre laughs as I go into the bathroom. I take a quick shower and head out into the room where Trix and Tre are chatting about hookers. I open my suitcase and grab some clothes.

"Can I borrow a shirt, mine is sort of beer stained." She laughs.
"Sure," I say looking into my suitcase, "Misfits, The Clash, Sex Pistols, Ramones, some button-up shirts and-" she just laughs. "What?"
"Nothing, you're cute." She laughs as she grabs my Clash band tee. I watch her every move until she shuts the bathroom door behind her. I hear the shower go on.

"You have a nice night?" Tre asks smugly.
"Huh?"
"Oh c'mon, I found you two wrapped in each other's arms this morning." He snickers.
"It didn't mean anything back then same as now." I lie, I really did want to be with Trix, yeah it's pretty sick even after all these years, last night rekindled all sorts of feelings.

"Shh, hear that Mike," Tre whispers, I actually stop to listen, "that's the sound of bull shit in the morning!" I just stare at my over-ecstatic friend, "It didn't mean nothing to you back then and it sure as hell doesn't mean nothing to you now."
"Coming from the guy who has never been just friends with a girl."
"What-ever," he says in a teeny voice. I just laugh as I pull on a pair of black jeans and my Ramones tee.

"Hey guys." Trix says coming out of the washroom, her wet hair is pulled into a ponytail and she looks pretty good in my shirt. "So breakfast you said?"
"Yup," Tre exclaims running up to her and picking her up, "And you're it! Now where'd I put my bone saw?"
"Tre! Put me down." She laughs, "Or I'll puke!"
"It's not puke, its marinade." I laugh as Tre drops her on the sofa. This was so weird, it was like history repeating.

"You fuckers coming?" We hear Billie yell from the door, Trix and I find our shoes and fumble out into the hallway where Billie, Adie, Claudia and the boys are standing somewhat amused.
"So care to tell us what was going on?" Adie asks laughing as we get into the elevator.
"Stuff," Trix says shifting her eyes comically.
"Special stuff?" Billie asks smirking. The elevator doors ping open and we step out into the lobby. We continue to the hotel's restaurant where we're seated promptly.

"Hmm, so you guys can afford food on this tour." Trix giggles.
"It all comes with selling out," I say shrugging as we each take a menu.
"You guys didn't sell out," she mumbles.
"We've learnt to accept it," Tre says shrugging.
"Well I agree with Trix," Adie says poking a now silent Billie.
"What? What?" Billie says glancing around.
"Space out much?" I ask as he just turns red.

After breakfast we find ourselves too lazy to move from our table.
"Joey," Trix calls, "Do you want to play guitar for me now?" he nods furiously.
"The guitar is in the hotel room though," he says getting up. At this we all get up and head back upstairs.

Joey runs into Billie's suite and we follow to find him plugging in the strat into a practice amp. He starts proudly playing Iron Man, with a huge grin on his face.
"That was awesome," Trix says smiling, and Joey starts playing Smoke on the Water.
"Oh! Oh!" Joey says excitedly, "My dad started teaching me Holiday." He plays the intro perfectly then moves into the verse, "Hear the sound of the falling rain, Coming down like an Armageddon flame, The shame, the ones who died without a name. Hear the dogs howlin' out of key, To a hymn called 'Faith and Misery' And bleed, the company lost the war today," he sings out, "And that's all I know."
"That was wicked awesome!" Trix says with a big grin, "I thought you were your dad for a second."
"I wanted to teach him Like a Rat Does Cheese, but Adie didn't let me." Tre pouts.
"Rat does cheese?" Trix snickers.
"Trust me, you don't want to hear it," Adie says shaking her head.
"Yes she does!" Tre yelps as he goes over to the coffee table where Billie's lap top is sitting.

"Boys why don't you go watch TV," Claudia suggests.
"But-"
"Now," Adie insists as a malicious grin swipes itself across Tre's face.

"What am I about to listen to?" Trix mumbles to me.
"Have you heard dominated love slave?" I ask.
"Yeah."
"Its like that...but raunchier," I pause, "Its so crude they didn't let us put it on the album." She nods.
"Billie, where the fuck is it?" Tre demands angrily. Billie just rolls his eyes as he takes charge of his lap top.

Suck my dick until your lips fall off.
Don't make me ask again please.
Put it down your throat until it makes you cough.
Nibble on my dick like a rat does cheese.

Well you're from the south you're a special kind of girl.
Put my nuts in your mouth, bitch, like you was a squirrel.
Work on the shaft, cradle on the balls.
Baby just don't bite it, get it on get it on.

Suck my dick until your lips fall off.
Don't make me ask again please.
Put it down your throat until it makes you cough.
Nibble on my dick like a rat does cheese.

Well why don't you go down and a hook a brother up?
Swallow it on down or spit it in a cup.
Wipe it on your t-shirt let it dribble down your chin.
Smoke a couple Newports and suck that dick again.

Suck my dick until your lips fall off.
Don't make me ask again please.
Put it down your throat until it makes you cough.
Nibble on my dick like a rat does cheese.

"You sick perv," Trix says after hearing the song, Tre just grins.
"Oh but I wrote it about you," he says cheesily.
"I never went anywhere near your genitals!" we all burst out laughing as Trix turns beet red.
"Well you should listen to it again," Tre says evilly, "Its asking you to nibble on my dick, not recalling it."
"Mikey save me," she says clutching my shirt.
"Its okay, it's not really about you," I say patting her head, "You're not from the south."

"Fuck," Trix says glancing at her watch, "I have to get going."
"No! But why?!" Tre yelps as he falls to her feet.
"Gotta work."
"Awe," I say hugging her.
"Okay," Tre mumbles as he hugs her next. Then Billie, Adie and Claudia.
"Wait, I'll give you my number we can keep in touch!" she says as she goes over to the hotel room desk and jots something down on the paper. "Okay bye guys." And with that she hurried out of the hotel room. I sigh and sit down on the couch. Now for some reason all my energy has been drained from me.

"Are you just going to sit there or are you going to find out where Green Bay is!" Billie says whacking me up side the head.