‹ Prequel: Trix, Like The Cereal

Diaries of the Mind

We Could Hear You

August 10, 2005
Trix's Mind

"So you and Mike officially a couple?" Adie whispers to me at the breakfast. The whole herd of us went for breakfast together.
"Yeah," I say as I take a sip of orange juice. Adie's still staring at me. "What?" she laughs guiltily.
"Billie was walking by your hotel room this morning and he heard you guys." I feel my cheeks burn red as Billie returns to the table from chasing after the waiter to change his order. He smirks evilly at me, he knew what Adie just told me.

"So Trix," Stella starts up, "When's your birthday?"
"I'm one day less than a month older than your dad," I say calmly, she scrunches up her face for a second, "April fifth. When's your birthday?"
"My birthday is in April too, April twentieth," she says proudly. "I'm eight."
"Awesome!" I say as she smiles wildly.

The plan today is to hit the beach and just relax, that's what Tre said while jumping up and down excitedly with a water doughnut on his head. Billie rented a couple of cars which we divided into. It was so weird they all had kids, the most interesting thing is that Stella is eight years old, same age as Alix would be, but I don't want to dwell on that, today is supposed to be fun.

At the beach I'm not sure whether to chill with Adie and Claudia or mess around with the guys. I decide to sit with Adie and Claudia so I can get to know them better, especially Claudia, I mean to be married to Tre she must be some woman.

"Trix! What the hell are you doing?!" Billie yells.
"Uh tanning and conversing," I laugh. He grunts and rolls his eyes as he runs to me, "You don't sit and tan, I think you said it was a stupid habit." He picks me up and carries me on his shoulder.
"Billie!" I screech as he starts to the water. He drops me in the water and runs off, I chase after him with a handful of sand as Tre bursts out laughing. I catch up to Billie and rub the sand in his hair. "HA!"
"Oh no!" Tre says dramatically, "You're not supposed to mess with the hair." He pretends to faint and Frankito is first to cover his father in sand. Just as I'm wondering where Mike went I'm being picked up and my ass being grabbed.
"Mike you sick perv," I laugh as feel like a rag doll right about now.

"Hey, let's race," Billie suggests as he goes up to Adie. "Piggy back." I laugh as Mike puts me down. "From here to the flag pole and back." He points out a green flag down the beach.

Mike takes my hand and we go over to the starting line. I get onto Mike's back, Adie gets on Billie's and Claudia on Tre's.
"We wanna race too!" Joey exclaims, Ramona is standing next to him.
"Sure," Mike says casually, "Jake, Hero, are you racing?" they nod as they to come to the starting line. Frankito stands on one of the easy chairs with his hands in the air.

"Okay!" the little boy exclaims, "Ready! Set! Go!" with that the whole herd of us piggy back freaks are racing down the beach to the flag pole, Billie's ahead of us by a few feet, as Mike turns the flagpole I kiss his cheek comically and he speeds up a bit.

Later on when Mike went to the washroom Tre comes up to me.
"Oh Mike ohhhhh!" he laughs, "Billie and I heard you two this morning."
"I know," I say embarrassed. "You shoulda heard us last night."
"Sorry Trix but Claudia and I were busy last night."
"I'm sure," I laugh. "So what were you and Billie doing snooping around our room?"
"We were going to spray you two with silly string, Billie said it was a bad idea to break in while you two were going at it."
"Well I aught to thank Billie."
"Damn party pooper," Tre laughs as Mike walks up to us.

"Whatcha two talking about?" he asks as he comes and wraps his arms around me. Sort of weird, being friends and now this.
"How Billie and I heard you two going at it this morning," Tre says smugly.
"You liar," Mike accuses.
"Trix, oh yeah Trix, mmm do that again," Tre taunts evilly.
"You shouldn't talk," Mike sneers. "Claudia ohh, fuck me tender!"
"You yell fuck me tender?" I laugh.

Tre glares at Mike then walks off, arms crossed.