Just Know That I Will Remember You...

Simple Dreams

Cloud sat on the deck of the Highwind. It was anchored on a rock near Midgar. Clearly, he missed Aeris. And the dream he just had made him want to see her more. He wanted to feel her with him. He wanted to hug her, to embrace her, to be with her always. And yet, the simple thing he wanted was quite impossible.

He gazed at his hands. Why didn't he try to save Aeris? Why didn't he drag her out of the way? It was the way life worked. At the end, you'll regret what you didn't do. If only there was a way to revive her... To bring her back again...

Cloud heard some soft thumping on the deck. He looked around and saw Cait Sith and his overstuffed moogle.

"Hey Cloud! Whatcha doing?" the puppet asked in his ever-so-amused tone.

".........Thinking...." Cloud replied.

Cait Sith approached Cloud and faced him.

"Thinking about her, huh?" Cait Sith asked.

Cloud nodded. Somehow, he felt all warm inside when Cait Sith got the point.

"You DO remember that time in the Temple of the Ancients, right?"

"...Yes. Why?"

"I said you and Aeris were perfect for each other. Do you love her?"

"Yes. Obviously." Cloud replied.

"Well, you never know. Dreams and wishes, no matter how impossible, might come true." Cait Sith said.

He walked back in the Highwind, leaving Cloud alone on the deck, confused.

What was he implying?

Cloud followed Cait Sith. He found him in the Chocobo's room. He wanted to talk to Cait Sith, because of the clues.

"Cait Sith... I want you to predict something..." Cloud said.

"Hmm? What is it?"

"Well, I wanted to know the chances of Aeris being revived..."

"Ahh..... Well, ok."

Cait Sith danced a bit and then the prediction came out of the stuffed moogle. He read and smiled.

"Good. The chances are pretty good. Only two factors affect it..."

"What factors?" Cloud was getting curious.

"One: True Love. And obviously, it's already there." he said slowly.

"Next: The right opportunity. The right time, right materia and right place. Well, that's all there is to it."

"....Thanks."

Cloud walked out of the room, thinking of what Cait Sith just predicted. He really loved Aeris... But what about the right opportunity?

It was all clogging his head now...