Status: Complete! read sequel

I turned you. Can I still love you?

I told you, mommy

I looked at this man who was sitting and talking with my kids. This over-protective, bad-ass man.

He looked up at me and his red eyes showed happiness.

"I told you, mommy," DJ said with a smile.

I didn't look at him, though. I was too busy looking at the vampire who went through hell just to recover faster.

He stood up, his eyes not leaving mine, and walked over to me. I looked down to hide the tears that were flowing down my face.

He lifted my head, his hand on my chin. "Lascialo uscire" Let it out.

I moved my head from his hands and covered my face with my own. He pulled me to him and held me tightly.

"Why didn't you tell me it was you?! Why didn't you tell me?!" I said, my voice muffled by my hands.

"I tried to, Alex. I passed out before I could."

"You could have said SOMETHING! I was worried about you, Demetri...and scared..." I said, my voice going into a whisper.

He sighed and picked me up.

"You two stay here." he said as he took me to the room across the hall and laid me on the bed. I half expected him to try to have sex with me and I was about to get pissed...I think. But instead he laid next to me, holding me and stroking my hair. He would whisper, "It's okay," every now and then.

A funny sound escaped from my throat as I tried to keep from crying.

"This is my fault..." I whispered.

"Alex, no it's-"

"Yes it is." I said, cutting him off. "If I had listened to you from the beginning this wouldn't have happened. I ruined your life..."

He sighed and stood up, which made me regret saying that.

"Alex, if it wasn't for you I would have died a long time ago."

I didn't know what t say. i didn't know what he was talking about.

"What do you mean?"

"The day I met you...I wasn't supposed to be interested in you. I was going to meet you with Aro and then later ask the volturi to kill me."

i was shocked. "What?! Why?!"

"I was tired of my life. All I did was kill vampires, force people to turn or kill them for blood. I got tired of it..."

I was frozen. He was going to kill himself that day.

"But I met you and everything changed. I was interested in you. Not because I couldn't track you. But to see you stand up to Aro with such passion..." he smiled. "I had to get to know you better."

"So if I had listened to Edward and kept quiet-"

"I wouldn't have thought you to be any different than any other human. I would have died that day and it would have been the end of it. But you gave me a reason to live."

"That's why you said that the day we were in my room."

He nodded. I looked down. Now I was really regretting what I said.

When I looked up, I caught my breath when I noticed he got extremely close to me.

"You are my life, Alex. If I lose you, I lose myself."

I couldn't breathe, let alone speak because he was so close to me.

He leaned closer to me and his lips brushed against mine. The kiss was light at first but turned deep in five seconds.

He pulled away, his face still inches from mine. "I love you, Alex. I don't ever want to lose you."

I smiled. "I love you. You'll never lose me, Demetri."

Our faces turned when someone knocked on the front door.

Demetri immediately pulled me up ad into the other room. He shut the door and walked away. He should know I'm not really going to stay in here.

I went over to the door and cracked it open. I motioned for DJ and Pearl to back up. Pearl backed up and DJ stood in front of her like he was protecting her. He got that from his dad. I wonder how he'll act when he finally finds a girlfriend-

My thoughts stopped when the door was pulled open, causing me to fall. I looked up at Demetri and smiled.

He sighed. "I should have known."

I stood up. "Who was that?"

"It's the Cullens and my parents."

I thought for awhile. Oh, Dracula and Brianna.

"What do they want?"

"They want to see DJ and Pearl. But don't call my parents grandparents. You'll make them feel older than they already are." he whispered.

I nodded and held out my hand to them. Pearl grabbed my hand, her other hand holding her brother's.

Time for them to meet their family.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just to let you know I will be ending this story soon. Don't kill me I have to explain why! I wan to start one about the kids. So yea, don't kill me! =) comment