Status: Complete! read sequel

I turned you. Can I still love you?

That's your bed.

Leonidas took me to his house. stupid vampire. He thinks I'm human with the ability to use compulsion. Good. If he knew I was a vampire, there's not telling what pain he'd put me through to break Demetri.

"My son has gotten tough."

"Don;t call him that. He may be blood but he is not your son! He is nothing like you!"

Leonidas laughed. "On the contrary he is a lot like me. Well...not really but he does have my toughness. But not when it comes to you. I have to get rid of his feelings for you."

"Like that's ever gonna happen. Trust me. Greater than you have tried."

"Only the volturi are greater than me."

"My point exactly!"

He looked at me.

"If I succeed. I shall be greater!"

Crap. I thought that would stop him!

He opened the door but seemed cautious to go into his own house.

"What's wrong, Leonidas? Scared of the dark?"

He turned to me and glared.

"I have an unwanted guest lurking here. I just need to find him and destroy him."

This man just wants to destroy everyone!

He shut the door behind me and I felt the compulsion wear off. Good...

I grabbed a vase and swung it around. If this made contact, I would SO kill him!

But it didn't. He grabbed my arm and squeezed it. It didn't hurt but I acted like it did. Have to keep up the human act for a little while.

"I knew to stay on my guard."

I glared at him.

He laughed. "Demetri picked a feisty one. At least now I know where you'll sleep."

He led me down the basement. The stairs creaked under our feet and the smell of decay filled my noise. How could he even walk near here?!

I pointed to a cage. It looked built strong. Probably for wolves.

"That's your bed."

He pushed me in and I hit my head on the edge. He closed and locked it.

"I don't sleep and my hearing is excellent. If you get out of this room, I will know." he said and he walked out.

I went to the corner and curled up. I need a plan. A good foolproof one!

I sat there for hour upon end until I heard the wall move. Literally. I saw a piece of the stone wall come out.

I looked around for something to grab. Nothing. I would have to fight with my fists. Vampire strength isn't just for nothing!

Someone with messy black hair poked his head through.

"Crap! I knew he caught someone!" he whispered before coming out of the hole.

He came over to me. "Hi, I'm Arthur." He sounded like Demetri except his accent was thicker.

"Alex."

When he came close he sniffed me.

"You smell like..." he paused and looked sad.

"Who?"

"Demetri..."

Oh no! Don't tell me Demetri was gay! What if he still is! What the heck is going on?!

"Um..how do you know Demetri? Is he your friend?"

"He's my little brother..."

My eyes went wide. "Your brother? You're working with Leonidas?"

"Hell no! I've been waiting for years for a way to kill that bastard!"

"Then why are you here?"

"One is to kill him. Two is to free anyone he catches. That's why he always wonders through the house. He can't find me."

"He wants to kill you."

Arthur nodded. "But I haven't my baby bro since..."

"Since when?"

"Since I sent him away..."

"Why did you do that?"

He shook his head. "Leonidas was trying to kill us both."

I caught how he never called Leonidas 'dad'.

"Why?"

"We don't know. After he killed our mother, he came after us. I sent Demetri to Volterra, Italy. I stayed here."

"Are you a vampire?"

"Yes. I was turned by a vampire in the woods. He said he didn't want to kill me so he turned me. Now I have to kill Leonidas before he finds Demetri."

"He already did."

Arthur looked at me. "What else did I miss?!" He whispered harshly. "What did he do? Did he kill Demetri? What happened?!"

"No, Demetri's alive. He just caught me and swore to make Demetri a man."

"How?"

"By doing whatever he plans to do to me."

Arthur was trying his best to take all this in.

"In order to protect my brother, I have to protect you. You're his love, aren't you?"

"Yes"

"So I have to free you. But these bars are too strong. I'll have to wait until Leonidas comes for you."

"Okay. And when I get out you have to come with me. I'm sure Demetri would be happy to see you." I said smiling.

He nodded.

Now all we have to do is seriously think of a plan...
♠ ♠ ♠
Another member of Demetri's family! lol His picture is in the character section! Comment!