I Could Die for You

Chapter 5 - Dist

Guess what - I have my own TV show!
It's called Dist and it's on MTV every Monday, Wednesday and Friday and a short summary on Saturdays.
Let me make this clear: Dist is about punk, rock, and metal.
I reveal news, discuss new records, reveal concert dates, interview bands and people (I'm interviewing Linkin Park tonight) and, almost most important, I'm showing music videos at the end of the show. I'm always busy on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays because I have to stay up late just to make up a new list of videos.
Today's list looks like this:
Blinded by Fear - At the Gates
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
Paranoid - Black Sabbath
One - Metallica
Otherside - Red Hot Chili Peppers
I'm not Okay - My Chemical Romance
Number of the Beast - Iron Maiden
Evanescence - Going Under


I usually don't want to have Chili Pepper videos on my list cause, hello, I live with the singer and I've been touring with them under the name Dani Distress. Which has became my legal name, even though everybody calls me Angel. My friend Anna back in Sweden came up with it once in like sixth grade, saying that I'm the Angel in the song City of Angels, I never really got rid of it. But it suits me.
I usually don't want to have My Chem on my video list either because of two reasons: 1, the members are five of my closest friends and I don't know why, but it just feels weird, and 2, every fucking time I show one of their videos I get loads of emails from fans saying that they wanna her real music and not 'emo shit'. Excuse me, but if you can't stand it then fucking sit down.

Anyways, Tim drove me downtown to the studio and when he was about to say good bye I turned to him and kissed him intensively.
What, if this is the last kiss I will get for I don't know how long, then let me remember it.
We broke apart and I ran into the building and made my way to the make up where I hoped Sugar would be, waiting for me.
Sugar is my make up artist and one of my best friends. She's three years older than me and one of the coolest persons I know.
We use to get to the studio hours before I go on, just to hang out and mess around.
Sugar was sat on the couch outside the studio, where it was a couple of couches and a coffee machine and a fridge with soda and carbonated water.
She was wearing a green tank top, gray jeans, black Converse and as always, her black hair (it's dyed - she has dark blond hair naturally) styled in a typical 'emo style'
I ran over to her and almost whacked a producer in the face as I made my way through the room.
"Suuuug!"
"Aaaangel!"
We hugged each other hard and jumped around for a while until she poked my shoulder.
"You got any Skittles?"
I hear that every time I meet her, she's addicted to them just as much as I am. I smiled.
"Of course I've got your dearly beloved Skittles..." I found the bag of Skittles in my bag and ripped it open.
"Ooh, Wild Berries flavor!" She took some and started chewing them with her eyes closed.
"So, what have you been up to today?" She asked and had some more Skittles.
"Blegh... Tim just drove me here after having a cup of coffee with him at Starbucks, but Gee called me so I talked with him until Tim had to get home... And guess what, I've decided to dump him tomorrow." Sugar's eyes were filled with surprisement and happiness when I said it.
"No way! Damn, finally you're doing it, Angel! Oh my god, you don't know how happy I am right now", she said and hugged me. We sat down on the couch again and I threw some Skittles at her.

We just sat there and coming up with new names for the My Chem songs (I'm Not Cheesy I Promise, Cheesy Last Words, Welcome to the Cheese Farm, Cheeseagers etc) until I saw the watch on her wrist. It was like 25 minutes left before I had to go on, Sugar had to put on my make up and fix my hair and I had to get changed AND call Gerard, so we went to the make up room and I made my call while Sugar wiped off my kohl and mascara.
"Hey Angel. I never came up with a solution cause I didn't know what it was about. And by the way, why can't you act normal when you talk to me on the phone in front of Timothy?"
"Um... You know, Candice Fairwater and her gang thinks I'm sleeping with Anthony cause I live with him, but Tim thinks I'm sleeping with you," I said and giggled.
Gee didn't giggle. He started laughing so hard, he even dropped his phone on the floor and picked it put when he was done laughing.
"Are you serious?"
"Unfortunately, yeah... And why does he care, I'm sure he's cheating on me already."
"Angel, once again... Why wont you just ditch the wimp?"
"I'm gonna, I'm gonna... Tomorrow, actually."
"FINALLY! Hey, I'm coming to LA tonight and staying for the weekend, I want to be with you when you do it."
"Gee! Sure, you can come here but you can't dump Tim with me! But hey you know', get the guys and come over here tomorrow and I'll invite Sugar and JC too and we can have some sort of party at my place, I'm sure Anthony wouldn't mind."
"You mean like a break up-party? That would be awesome, I'll call the guys and we'd be in LA... Late this evening or early tomorrow."
Sugar poked my shoulder again.
"Um, Angel... Could you put on the loudspeaker, cause I need to put blush on your cheekbones.
"Yeah, sure. Gee, I'm gonna put you on the loudspeaker now, hang on."
*blip*
"Hey Gerard," Sugar said and brushed my cheeks with a huge brush.
"Hello, Hannah," Gerard said and Sugar freaked.
"Don't you fucking dare to call me that! My name's Sugar and I've told you that a million times, goddammit!"
"Okay okay, easy girl! Hehe."
"Sorry Gee, but I gotta go and get changed... But switch on MTV in fifteen minutes and you'll see me!" I said and looked at the clock on the wall behind Sugar.
"Sure thing! Lyn-Z and I are chained to the TV."
"Oh, she's there too? Tell her hi from me then. But I'll see you tomorrow then!"
I closed my phone and went to the closet with Sugar and I ran around between the piles with jeans, shirts, dresses and skirts when Sugar threw an Anthrax shirt at me, looking just the one Mikey used to wear at My Chem's shows. I loved it.
"Sug, this is amazing! Aaaand... Do you think I can keep it? No one will ever notice..."
I stroked the fabric. I stole clothes from the studio almost all the time - even though it was forbidden, no one knew about it except from Sugar. She smirked.
"Sure, go ahead... It's been here for, I dunno... decades. And by the way, do you want to do something with your hair?"
I ran my fingers through the mess of short, purple hair and ruffled it a little.
"Done. I'm gonna go to the bathroom and just get changed, and then I'm off to hit the stage. Hehe."
Sugar gave me my headset, and I rushed to the ladies room.

The toilets here are a lot nicer than the toilets on my school. These are fresh and clean, no toilet paper strewn all over the floor, and the soap dispenser wasn't ripped off the wall.
I pulled of the My Chem tank top carefully without ruining the make up and put on the Anthrax shirt and placed the head set earplug in my ear and walked to the studio, standing behind the cameras until I heard the signature, walked to the middle of the black floor in the studio and I saw Chester Bennington and the rest of the guys in Linkin Park sitting in the blood red couch.
Showtime...
"Hel-l-l-l-lo you rockers out there! My name's Dani Distress and we'll start off with some news before meeting tonight's guests..."
♠ ♠ ♠
xxx - Comments? *puppy dog eyes* - xxx