Distant Elemental

Starry Diverge

Fulgora made to walk over and interrupt the man now gazing with a strange fascination at his arms. As she neared him, a sudden crack! made her stop, and an expulsion of air pushed her backwards. Fulgora took a sharp intake of breath. Standing before her, having popped out of no-where, were none other than Andromeda, Nayru and Nova.
“What the hell are you guys doing here?!” she couldn’t help but exclaim.
The three of them turned in surprise at the sound of her voice. Nayru and Nova smiled but Andromeda whirled back around, saying “there’s no time to explain.” She then faced the youth whose attention had been turned to the three intruders.

“You’ve got some nerve,” she said evenly. The blonde-haired guy was surprised, but he smiled a grim smile before facing her direction and pointing his hands in her general direction, still linked as they were.
“So you’ve come, have you?”
“What do you expect? I know what you’re trying to do, and I’m here to stop you.”
“You haven’t done a very good job at protecting your element so far. If I had been any stronger before now, your element would already be in my grasp. I can hardly believe a young girl such as yourself thinks she can be an elemental. Ha!” He laughed as though he had made the funniest joke he could think of. His mirth sickened Andromeda.
“Shut up,” she growled, “I’ve had enough of you.”
The man made as though to say something, but Andromeda silenced him with a sudden whirl of motion.

She connected her arms together at the base of her wrists, where they met her hands, and spread her fingers out as though imitating a blossoming flower. From the place where her limbs connected, a pulsating energy appeared, glowing between her hands. The radiating colours glowed turquoise, green, rose pink, light mauve. Rings of energy like those around planets encircled her arms, shining brighter than the feeble display the youth before had shown. In a manner of seconds a radiant surge of light was building, and the rings twirling around Andromeda’s wrists appeared to be made of light, rock and gases combined. As they swelled brighter and brighter, Andromeda’s hair flew upwards in spirals and flickered about her face as her eyes took on their dappled depths, fathomless. Suddenly the rings disappeared, almost as though they had been absorbed. As Fulgora had the time to wonder what had happened, the pulsating glow in between Andromeda’s hands increased ten-fold and with a noise like a deadly siren a pure beam of energy burst from her hands, straight at the youth before her. He was blasted from his feet and sprawled to the ground, metres away. All of this took mere seconds, not long enough for him to react.

Now Andromeda walked over to him, standing above him where he lay. He twitched feebly, but was suddenly leaden on the ground as she asserted her power over him. In those few, breathtaking seconds, he ceased to be a sub-elemental.

A sudden cry rose up- everyone started saying something at the same time. Andromeda raised her hands and yelled, trying to get everyone to shut up, when they were all silenced by a sudden, heavy boom. The floor trembled. Chairs swayed and toppled. A shadow rose over them, flooding the building with its dark abyss. The elementals looked down at their feet as the shadow spread slowly across the floor, and as one they looked towards the door. All they could see was a wall of black, but as this solidified, their worst nightmare appeared before them.
♠ ♠ ♠
This shows the ultimate, demanding power of the elemental. There is more to it than that, but this is one of their attributes.