It Isn't Just Skin Deep.

Four.

Gavin woke up in a dark room alone and however long he was asleep was unknown to him. He remember speaking the words from the paper but the amount of time between then and now seemed to have disappeared.

He silently lied there, staring up at the ceiling in the darkness. He didn't know where he was, he was afraid to move. More than anything, he was afraid of what life here, wherever he was, would be like.

Moonlight spilled through curtains that weren't completely closed and it washed over his face like a luxurious facial cream that he was oh-so accustomed too. Since the room was lit up a little bit, he turned and gazed around it. There wasn't much in here, besides a bed, a table and a sofa. His bag was right on top of the table.

Gavin didn't know if he'd be yelled at or something if he got up but he decided to take his chances. What would they do, send him back? He laughed a little bit and let his feet hit the carpeted floor. There was no way he could be expected to stay in bed forever.

He quietly looked around, able to see things a lot more clear closer up. The room was nice, though, from what he'd been able to gather. It was nicer than the one at his old house.

Suddenly, Gavin heard the door open and he jumped and looked in that direction, scared half to death because he had no idea who the person could be, or what they could do to him.

"Woah, didn't need to scare you," the stranger chuckled, stepping in and closing the door behind him. "I'm Rodney. You're Gavin, right?"

"Yes," Gavin says, as Rodney flips on a light. Gavin nearly screams.

The man standing over by the door was... repulsive! His dark hair was nearly to his shoulder, and his face was just terrible by Gavin's standards.

Gavin noticed a scar running down Rodney's left cheek and wanted so badly to yell at him and ask what the hell was wrong with him.

"Rodney, what the hell is wrong with you?" Gavin asked, shaking his head.

"What do you mean by that?"

"You're hideous."
♠ ♠ ♠
DDD:
HOW MEAN, GAVIN.
Anyway, I hope you were able to see Gavin's distorted view of beauty in this chapter.

Comment/subscribe?