Status: I'm gonna try and go for this whole update biweekly thing.

Someone's Gotta Give

Already Settled

“Are you sure that you don’t want anything to eat at all? Because there’s food in teh kitchen and if you don’t want anything there we could stop somewhere, like McDonald’s or A&W or anywhere really. It wouldn’t be a problem.” My dad said half an hour later, trying to convince me that I should eat something as I sat down and shook my head letting my red hair fly everywhere.

“No dad I’m fine, I’m not hungry, honestly.” I replied as he shot me a sceptic look. “I promise, I’m not hungry at all.” I said firmly as I watched his face. It was stone for a moment, unmoving before he sighed and it softened.

“Alright Lu, but I’m serious if you want something we could stop.” He said as I sighed, if this was how he was going to act the entire time then this really was going to be a long tour and an even longer bus ride.

“I know Dad, and if I do need something I’ll tell you.” I replied as he scratched his head then waited a moment before nodding.

“Promise Lucy? I know you don’t like to speak up.” He said as I nodded my head.

“Promise Dad.”

“Good girl, now I’m going to leave you alone for a little bit and trust you to tell me if you need anything.” He said as I nodded my head before picking up my sketchpad and scanning the picture I had drawn the previous night and had worked on earlier.

“Okay Dad, you can trust me, I promise.” I answered, not looking up as the door closed softly, he probably hadn’t heard me, but that was alright because I knew that I more than likely wouldn’t keep my promise, I didn’t like to speak and complain really, okay that was a lie, maybe I liked to complain and speak to my dad and maybe a few other people, but other than that I didn’t really like to speak. I chose to express myself through my art, as my dad did with his music. Of course just because you did something to express yourself doesn’t mean people always got the right idea of what you were saying, or trying to say.

I blew a loud raspberry into the silent room that I was now sitting in, according to my dad we had about another hour to hour and a half before we arrived where we were supposed to be going, that meant I had a hour and a half maximum time to kill, ninety minutes that I was waiting to tick down into nothingness. Ninety minutes could be a long time normally; it would be even longer when you were sitting in a tour bus with a bunch of fifty plus men. I had only a few options, well one option really. Draw, and in reality, that would only keep me entertained for so long. And that had already pretty much ran out, I had killed any and all will to draw at all this morning and late last night when I had only been able to conjure up images of Darren-Jay Ashba. What had it been that had not gotten him out of my mind? I had hardly managed to say a word to him but still, I had just solely him on the brain. This seemed a tad ridiculous to me. Maybe that was what meant when they said "always on your mind" it surely was a good way to put it, and I really didn't like that feeling at all.

"Lucy, could I come in for a minute?" Nikki's voice called as I heard knocking on the door. It didn't sound urgent, it didn't sound like something had happened.

"If you really need to, I guess." I replied back as I dropped my sketchpad, no one needed to see the picture that I had drawn of DJ, that could just be a secret between well me and the sketchpad, until it was needed to come out, which was hopefully never.

The door opened a little as Nikki poked his head in.

"You sure? You sound a little annoyed." He said as I nodded my head.

"Yeah I'm sure you can come in; just make sure you leave the door open. Or else Dad will flip a bitch." I said muttering the last part of the sentence, it was true, he would flip a bitch if Nikki was in my room and the door was closed, it would be even worse if Tommy was in my room, then I’d probably get yelled at, or worse. He was too over-protective, I mean sure the little incident had happened and everything but at the same time....

“Lucy, did you even hear a word that I said?” Nikki asked breaking my train of thought as I looked at him, he was sitting beside me, when the hell had that happened.

“Uh, no sorry Nikki, was just thinking and shit, what did you say?” He shot me a look and rolled his eyes, like it was going to be a pain to explain everything that he had just said again.

“Alright, well I’ve been talking to DJ and James and such and they’ve only got the two of them on the bus which isn’t a lot for a tour bus that’s designed for a band, but I can’t go over there because Motley still needs to work out some things with the performances and such so if you’d like to get away from your Dad and Tommy for a little bit you could always hide out over there. We’re due to stop in about ten minutes for gas and anything else that we need for the last hour, so you could go over then. That’s only if you’d like because I know how annoying parents can be.” Nikki said as I nodded my head, hearing what he was saying but at the same time not really hearing it.

“That would be awesome to get away from my Dad, he’s really been harping on me lately and I’d love the chance to get away from him for just a little bit but I doubt he’d let me, especially after the Tommy thing.” And the Nikki thing I added silently to myself as Nikki looked at me with that look that only Nikki can give people.

“Already done, he said it’s your call, if you’d like to, the boys find you highly interesting and they’re almost jumping at the chance to talk to you a little more, especially after you so nicely ditched out on your ‘drinking party’ as James likes to call it.” Nikki said with a chuckle as he looked at my face, which was probably very shocked, especially that my dad was actually going to allow me to go to another bus and hang out with two incredibly gorgeous men while he was in another bus and could have no idea what was going on.

“I can go?” I asked in disbelief as Nikki nodded his head and ruffled my hair.

“I already talked to Mick, it’s your decision and after all you’ll be perfectly safe with DJ and James-“ He didn’t get a chance to finish his sentence as I threw my arms around him and gave him a huge hug.

“Thank you so much, I need to get away from him for just a little bit.” I said as he hugged me back

“I know you do, I could tell.” He let go of me and stood up. “Now we’re just about ready to stop, so get anything you’d like to have with you on their bus ‘cause we’re gonna try and make the stop as quick as possible.”

“Okay sounds great.” I replied as I hopped up and reached for my sketch pad and pencils, that was all I was going to need. This was going to be one way to kill an hour fast.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back you guys! And this time it's for good!
I promise I won't keep you waiting for months on end ever again.
I know what I'm doing with this now.
And I thank everyone so so so much for being patient while I've been slacking.