Status: Based On Real People And Events

Color Me Artistic

2

The morning that I awoke after the dream I was utterly confused. Automatically I wanted to call my close friend Halley but she couldn't know, not yet at least. I kicked the blankets off of my body and continued on with my morning just as I always did. I can easily say that he was on my mind all morning long, it was rather hard to concentrate on what was going on around me. The start of the day went on in a daze. It seemed like everything was in slow motion, I couldn't take not seeing him. Then second block came around and I found it hard not to look at him. Joesph was doing his normal thing when Elizabeth and I walked in. Tyler was standing behind his seat fixing his shirt and his hair, like always, while Joesph was talking with Jonathan ( a boy who sat close by). We took our seats and started talking about yesterday's classes. Once the teacher came in we all had to quiet down, she seems to hate the noise. Second block is only entertaining on days that Joesph can sing and dance. Of course as soon as the teacher went into the supply closet he was singing a song he and his friends had remixed. I would tell you the lyrics but they are far to immature to speak of. Once the teacher returned to the class room he grew quiet once again.

The quiet class droned on and on until the dismissal bell finally rang. Thank goodness. I collected my books quickly and pulled Elizabeth along with me. Upon exiting the classroom Joesph and I bumped into one another causing my books to crash to the floor. I groaned and slipped down onto the floor to pick them up once again. "Why does this always happen to me?", I thought as I reached for my Math book. Just then a hand, slightly bigger than mine, connected with mine on top of the thick book. My eyes shot up to see the face of the unknown person, Joesph, it was him. My face heated up almost instantly and I pulled my hand away. We collected the books in silence and once they were all in my hands he sped off down the hallway towards his next class. Elizabeth, being a good friend, stuck around while the two of us had been collecting the books. We exited the classroom together and she was quick to question me.

" Did you know that when Joesph and you touched hands you blushed?," She asked, " You turned redder than a tomato!"

" I did? Oh, I wonder why?" I asked trying not to make eye contact with her, she would know I was lying about the whole situation

" You did. Do you like him or something? I seems like you do" I glanced up at her to read her expression, hopeful, it was hopeful.

" No. Of course not, you know how I feel about him, right? He is just a classmate... Nothing more, nothing less"

We arrived outside Elizabeth's third block class and said our 'byes' before I carried on down the hallway. Now I knew I would have a lot to think about. I still could not believe my face turned as red as Elizabeth said it did. Did he notice? I sure hope not, I'd be socially doomed.

~ * ~

I don't have class with Joesph until eighth block, unless you consider seventh block lunch a class. All the students in our grade have the same lunch block, that's the way it has always been. Eighth block is Art class and we are working on self portraits. I'll admit that I'm not the best artist that has ever lived, I'm not, but I'm not terrible. I walked from seventh block upstairs to Art with a friend named Meghan, who I met through another friend both of us share. We talked about books, something we both enjoyed, and about some things that had happened earlier on in the day. We don't have any other classes together so it's nice to see what other teachers are teaching. We arrived by room 220 before the teacher and stood there with our classmates to wait. Just then I heard someone singing a song that I recognized. My head snapped to the side quickly, just in time to see Joesph do a random dance move while singing the song I knew. I smiled, even though I didn't mean to, and quickly looked away. He couldn't see me smiling at him, it wouldn't be good. Meghan started talking to me again and I replied with a smile.

Inside the messy classroom the teacher talked about the new project we would be working on, the self portraits. I wasn't all that pleased with the choice but I knew it would turn into something fun. The teacher, Miss Hayes, passed out a piece of white cardboard to each of her students and then a pencil that was sharpened to perfection.

" We are going to be doing our self portraits today. We will start by taking every ones pictures out in the hallway. These will be the pictures you draw." She stated while walking throughout the classroom.

Pictures? I was never photogenic but I was hoping this would work. She started off on the other side of the room and worked her way around. Each student would go out into the hallway, pose however the wanted, and get their picture taken. Some took it more serious than others, while some, like myself, didn't care what the picture looked like. AS long as I got a good grade it wouldn't matter. It was my turn to get my picture taken and as I passed Joesph to go out to the hallway he smiled. I didn't know why he smiled but he did. I went out into the hallway and stood next to the large windows. I brought my hands down below my waist and turned my head slightly sideways. I didn't want to be looking directly at the camera so I looked up and out the window. I smiled brightly, showing my teeth, and waited for her to take the picture. The bright flash of light from the camera made me flinch a little but it didn't ruin the picture, the picture was actually nice.

~ * ~

When I got home that day I rushed to my room and closed the door. Today was so confusing. I needed Halley's advice and quick. I grabbed my cell phone off of my computer desk and scrolled through my contacts until I found her number. I pressed the green 'Send' button and waited for the call to connect. As soon as she answered with her normal 'hello' I burst our what I had to say.

" I've done it, I've fallen for the boy I should never have. I've ruined myself, ruined me, I tell you," I said quickly knowing she wouldn't understand.

" What are you talking about. Who have you fallen so head-over-heels for?," She asked sounding very confused

" Joesph. I've fallen for Joesph Collins!" I screamed out

The other end of the line was quiet for a few moments before I heard her groan. I knew she wouldn't approve, I should have never told her. I've made a horrible situation even worse.

" Joesph Collins? How did you let this happen?" She asked quietly, obviously still shocked

" I don't know, Halley, I really don't know"
♠ ♠ ♠
I only had two chapters pre written for the grand reveal of this story. So you'll have to wait for the rest of it. It's coming very, very soon!

Comment? Subscribe?

-Reno