‹ Prequel: My Enigmatic Enemy
Status: Slow Updates. Still piecing the story together.

You Can't Say You Love Me

Death, despair, destruction…and love. Ami Carson has known all of these in her seventeen years, along with friendship and camaraderie. But, even as the Gryffindor she is, she has only shown one sign of bravery - and that had to do with the young man she fell in love with. Now, though, Ami must change. She cannot love the man she does, she cannot watch him with her eyes, and she cannot sneak off to meet him in the dead of night as she did during their sixth year.

After all, Draco Malfoy is a Death Eater, and Death Eaters can’t love Gryffindors.

“Now is a dangerous time to be in love,” Katie hissed as the Hogwarts Express pulled up, “not when you never know who you can trust.”

“I know I can’t trust him,” I looked at my cousin, willing her to understand without knowing who he was, “even though I have before. I know I shouldn’t love him, but I do. And Katie, I wish you knew how it felt to love a man you know can never tell you he loves you.”
I turned and climbed aboard the Express before Katie could keep going on.
  1. Gryffindor Pride and the Hogwarts Express
    In which Ami Carson shows her Gryffindor pride and boards the Hogwarts Express
  2. The Carrows Appear
    In which Ami shows perhaps too much Gryffindor backbone
  3. The New Gryffindor at Dinner
    In which Ami, Neville, and Ginny take a first year under their wings.
  4. Detention #1 and the Aftermath
    In which Ami, Neville, and Ginny go to detention.“Should we hang you by your toes?” Amycus asked, sneering.
  5. The Day After and Detention #2
    In which Ami recovers from Detention #1 and must go to #2
  6. Detention #2
    In which Ami is unconscious, and the chapter is in Third Person Narration...
  7. The Hospital Wing and the Nightmare
    In which Ami is unconscious, and half the chapter is third person narration until Ami's nightmare...
  8. Awake and Reiterating
    In which Ami is awake and repeats her reasons for doing as she does. (warning: short)
  9. The Ignored and the Intimidating
    In which Ami is ignored by the strangely intimidating Neville for much of the update.
  10. In the Wee Hours of the Morning
    In which Ami wakes early and a dilemma surfaces.
  11. Whatever it Takes
    sorry for the wait :)