The Story Of A Teenager

Oh Jesse

"Look Ashley i do like you more then a friends. I have since 4th grade and always will. But that dush bag who you call your boyfriend couldn't shut the hell up about me feeling this way about you. That bastard is not only your boyfriend but he is my cousin. So i know all about his evil little plans. But i am head over heels for you and always have been. The so called girl i liked was really you. I just didn't want to loose this between us. And this fucking dush bag here wanted me to make you fall for him only---" Max interrupted him so he wouldn't get caught in his evil plan. "Baby you got your answer. So who cares what he says next." "Baby please. Shut the hell up and let him get on with his story!" Jesse knew he won. "Well like i was saying. This asshole here wanted to make me make you fall for him. And it wasn't hard to steer you in the right direction. He is only using you for one thing. And you were so into him you didn't realize that i am the one truly in love with you and not this egg head. Please forgive me for not telling you. But i just don't want you to end up like the others.I don't want you hurt. Please you have to believe me. Please." There was such desperation in his voice but Ashley didn't care less.
"Oh Jesse. For you to make up this story is completly pathetic even for you. Why don't you just get the hell out of my way and out of my life. I not dealing with this today. I have been through enough. don't make today any harder. Either you shut up about you being Mr. Jealous Bestfriend and deal with the fact that me and Max are in love or get out of here before I make you get out. I'm not dealing with this. why don't you be happy for me that i might have found my one. Please Jesse i don't want to loose you but i will if i have too. Please." Jesse got the hint and nodded. This made Ashley start jumping up and down in complete and utter joy. "Oh Jesse thank you for this. Your awesome! I love you but not how you love me. I owe you one! Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!" Then Ashley did the worst thing she could have done.
Ashley rushed up to him and gave him a huge hug and gave him a kiss on the cheek. This kiss was a sweet and innocent act. Yet it sent an electric shock through both of them leaving them light headed. Ashley and Jesse were both shocked. "Oh. Jesse. What happened?" Jesse didn't answer. He couldn't answer it. It was all more then he could answer. So Ashley asked again "What happened?" This time Jesse was snapped out of his haze."Nothing happened. You wanted me to be happy and not interfere so here this is my way of not interfering. Nothing happened." Jesse sort of shut down after that. Ashley felt bad she thought it could have been her fault that she wasn't even more careful with his fragile feelings. But that kiss on the cheek was starting to make her reconsider her and Jesse being more then friends. She knew it couldn't happen. It just couldn't. She was dating Max. She loved Max. She couldn't brake his heart cause she was starting to grow feelings for Jesse.
Or was she? Was she really growing feelings for him other then as a friend? Or was it just the shock from today? So much had happened today that Ashley knew that nothing would ever be the same ever again. First her brother possible dies. Second she finds out the dude she has been crushing on forever actually likes her. Third she finds out her best friend has feelings for her. Was this a crazy day or what?