Status: Just starting. Subscribe/comment.

Made of Stone

3. Jesus Never Learned to Sing

I couldn't sleep that night. I was still in shock that I had said yes to going on tour. And I knew by the end I would be kicking myself for it. I had a bad feeling about it as I had with every other tour I'd been forced to go on. And I had good reasons. The first tour, I'd gotten into countless fights with fangirls. Second one nearly destroyed my friendship with Emily Driskoll for various reasons. And at the end of the last tour I was on, I got knocked up. So you can see how it's not ideal for me.

I rolled over and looked at Ryan, who was halfway down the bed with his long legs hanging off the end. That man could fall asleep anywhere. He had fallen asleep with the tv on again. An old hockey game was playing. I reached across his naked back for my phone that was on the nightstand. He stirred a little, but remained unconscious.

I awoke the phone from its hibernation and saw I had two new text messages from Astria. The one said "OMG!" repeatedly; the second, "tour is going to be fucking epic!" I couldn't stop my eyes from rolling. Tour would not be epic.

I silently slid out of bed and crept to the bathroom. Thinking about the shenanigans that would ensue one tour was only going to drive me crazy. So I called the only other person that I knew would be up at this time of night.

"Hello, hello, hello." Said a very chipper voice on the other end. I have no idea how the girl managed to get barely any sleep and still be so cheerful. She claimed it was coffee, but all coffee ever gave me was a bad taste in my mouth and a headache. The only time I was like that was after great sex, so I had my theories about the contributing factors to her mood.

Astria and I had been best friends since forever basically. We'd met when we were about five at the park. She was about to dig into a delicious looking pudding cup when a rude boy knocked it out of her hands. I didn't like him and what he just did so I ran and pushed him hard into the sand, then forced him to eat the pudding; sand and all. She thanked me once he was gone and shared the other pudding cup she had with me. We'd been inseparable ever since. So of course it was only natural for me to make her James Dean's godmother.

Astria had been the only friend that stuck by me once I found out I was pregnant. She was the first person I'd told and she was the one that convinced me I needed to tell Ryan. It had been her that pointed out that I loved him. And while at the time I hated her for it, I mentally thanked her everyday.

"Tour will be a damn bust." I replied, flipping on light switch.

I heard her let out an exasperated sigh. "Don't be such a Debbie Downer. It'll be good for you to get out and see all our old friends. Plus you'll be with me, duh!"

I was thankful she couldn't see my eyes roll. "And you'll be with your boyfriend." I noted. Astria was going to be merching an other various odds and ends for her new boyfriend's band, Anarbor. They had only been together for about two months now, but I could tell how deeply they cared for one another. She didn't understand why Ryan and I fought so much because she was still in the 'honeymoon stage' of her relationship. Though come to think of it, I'm pretty sure Ryan and I never went through one of those. Don't get me wrong, we did have our sweet moments. We just cut out the bullshit.

"Not always. I'll be needing serious girl time after being on a van with stinky boys and I know you will too."

I definitely couldn't deny that. "Do you remember what happened last tour?"

She gasped excitedly. "Another baby would be amazing! Can you make it a girl this time?"

"One, I don't have control of that. And two, there will not be another baby coming. One is enough."

"Fine. But things are going to be fine. You can't associate past experiences with one that hasn't even happened yet."

I sighed knowing she was right. She was always right. "I know."

"It'll be fun, you'll see." I nodded, even though she couldn't see me. "Get some sleep before you wake up bitchier than normal."

"Love you, too." We laughed and said bye before hanging up.

I ran my hands through my messy hair, then turned off the light and walked back to the room. I stopped by James Dean's room to see him completely sound asleep in the same exact position Ryan had been in; legs halfway off the bed, drool hanging from his mouth, and blankets kicked off. I shook my head. They were so much alike it was almost scary. I walked in and gently pulled his body up so that it was completely on the bed and laid the covers over him, placing a kiss on him before walking out and back to my room.

I crawled in bed just as quietly as I did when I slid out. I reached out across Ryan and placed my phone back on the nightstand next to his. He turned his head and blinked up at me tiredly. "It won't be bad." He said groggily. I hated when he could read me like he did.

"I know." I said, pulling the blankets up over me. I positioned myself comfortably then looked at him. "Just promise me nothing's going to change. That everything's going to be fine."

He furrowed his eyebrows in concentration. He reached over and kissed my forehead and said "Promise."

He leaned in to kiss me again when I stopped him. "I'm not having sex with you at three in the morning." Just like him, I could read him like a book too.

"Dammit." He cursed, turning back over. "I love you." He said after a moment of silence.

"I love you, too." I said, pushing the uneasiness to the back of my mind and falling asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D

comment/subscribe.