Status: Just starting. Subscribe/comment.

Made of Stone

4. I'll Wear the Crown if You Say That it Fits

Harley woke up to the alarm blaring in her ear. Five am already. She'd only gotten about two hours of sleep. And she knew she would be stuck driving the first leg of the trip to the first venue because the other guys would be too tired.

Ryan reached up lazily and turned it off, but simply went back to sleep. Harley rolled her eyes and shook him. He groaned, but remained still. Harley huffed and repositioned herself so that her feet were on the side of his waist. With one strong push, she rolled his heavy body onto the floor.

"I see we didn't get much sleep last night." Ryan said, grabbing a hold of the bed to help pull himself up.

"Shut up." She muttered, getting out of bed and walking out of the room. Ryan mocked her like his son would often do when she had her back turned, then turned back around to make the bed.

By the time Ryan had made it downstairs, he saw the rest of the guys were there gathered around the kitchen island; with the exception of Sal, who had spent the night.

"Mmm," he started, once he reached the bottom of the stairs. It was still dark out. "What smells good?"

Harley gave him her usual tour morning bemused look and answered, "Nothing."

"Oh man," Sal said, reading his best friend's devious mind and playing along. "Smells like cinnamon."

"With that ooey, gooey goodness." Ryan continued. "What's it called again?"

"I believe it's icing?" Sal inquired, pointing at Ryan, who nodded. "I'm pretty sure it goes on this delicious, spiraled pastry."

"Is that so, Mr. Bossio?" Ryan questioned, looking at Sal like he was genuinely interested.

"No," Harley answered, knowing exactly what they were getting at.

"Oh, c'mon, Lee," Sal begged, using her nickname hoping to butter her up. Harley remained firm and shook her head.

Ryan grabbed James Dean, who was now sleepily coming down the stairs. "Lee, baby, J.D. wants cinnamon rolls," He said, holding J.D. in front of him. "Don't you buddy?"

The little boy yawned and rubbed his tired eyes. Harley raised her eyebrow at Ryan. "Subconsciously speaking, of course." Ryan added, once he saw the look. "How can you say no to a face like this?"

Harley and Ryan stared at each other as they often would when they were trying to get the other to concede first. Ryan subtly leaned James Dean closer to her with puppy dog eyes. Harley huffed.

“Pitting my own son against me is a low move, Hunter.” She growled, walking to the refrigerator and pulling out a canister of Pillsbury cinnamon rolls.

“I love you.” Ryan smiled cheekily at her as she slammed a pan on the counter to prepare for the breakout.

“Helllloooooo!” A voice sang out, closing the door behind them.

“Astria!” All the boys greeted her as if they were at the bar, Cheers.

“Good morning, boys.” She smiled her perfect, pearly white smile at them all as she walked into the kitchen with three cups of Bailey’s coffee in hand. Harley smiled gratefully and took the coffee from her, quick to down a couple swallows before going back to the task at hand.

Astria held out the other coffee for Sal, her smile never fading. “And for you Mr. Salvatore.” Once Astria had found out Sal’s full name she insisted on calling him by it ever since. And while he would kill anyone else with a single look for calling him that, he couldn’t help but smile when Astria did. Sal had been in love with Astria for about six years now. Astria was the only one that had been completely blind to it though. And Harley knew it killed him every time she was with a new guy that wasn’t him, but he was so scared of ruining their relationship that he kept his feelings to himself.

“Today’s going to be a good day,” Astria said, sitting on the stool and pulling James Dean onto her lap.

“That’s because you don’t have to drive.” Harley commented, strategically placing the pastries on the now greased pan.

“Aw, I’m sorry.” Astria patted her arm lightly.

“Hold on,” Ryan held up his hand with a strained look on his face. “Who said you were driving?”

Harley couldn’t stop her eyes from rolling in their sockets. “Technically no one. But it never fails that I’m stuck--”

“We don’t stick you with anything.”

“Can I finish my damn statement?”

“If you don’t wanna drive then just say so, Harley. It‘s not like we force you into this shit.” Everybody took in a sharp intake of breath. Ryan only ever said Harley’s name when he was pissed.

“Listen up, Hunter!” Harley slammed the canister on the counter and squared her shoulders readying herself for the blow up.

“Guys,” Astria said, forcing herself in between them. “It’s way to early for this.” She looked back and forth at them. “Drop it.”

“Whatever.” They both said. Ryan took Harley’s coffee for himself and walked away, while Harley practically threw the pan of rolls into the oven and kicking it shut, then walking in the opposite direction of Ryan.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohshit, drama.
Get used to the fighting though.
They are.

kinda fillerish.

comment/subscribe.