Status: Just starting. Subscribe/comment.

Made of Stone

5. You Say My Head Has Grown

If there was one thing everybody could agree on hating about Warped tour with would be the unbearable heat. The lowest temperature they had encountered so far had to be at least 98 degrees. And they hadn't even hit the desert yet. And with each rising degree the more Harley began to dread coming on tour. The guys noticed she was becoming crankier because of it causing them to walk on eggshells when around her. Except Ryan, who enjoyed pushing her buttons. He was the only one that could really tolerate her moods. It never failed that the guys would be around to witness one of their tifts.

Most recently being when Sal had found a bridal magazine in Harley's stake of miscellaneous items. It was meant to be secret as she felt guilty for even buying it in the first place. They were stopping at a truck stop to get various junk foods and gas when Harley spotted it. The cover model being in a beautiful white gown convincing everyone who looked at her that she was happy and virginal.

Harley scoffed. She made fun of girls like that: perfect, expecting the perfect wedding, having a perfect marriage. She knew life wasn't like that. Her own father had knocked up her mother when she was 15, leaving once Harley was born. Harley had unexpectedly followed in her footsteps. Fortunately Ryan was nothing like her father. He stuck around. He loved her.

The more she stared at the magazine the more she wanted what the model was selling.

"Hey Lee!" Ryan called out from the front of the store. "Let's go!" She waved her hand acknowledging she heard, but never tore her eyes away from the glossy cover. "C'mon!" He yelled again.

"Shut up!" She screamed, getting annoyed with his impatience like she normally did.

"Fine." Ryan countered. "We'll just leave without you." Harley rolled her eyes and quickly snatched up the magazine knowing she would regret the impulse later.

And later came quicker than she had thought it would. Sal had asked if she had one of Ryan's shirts he could wear for the time being since he had just spilled something on his. Harley, being preoccupied with her's and Astria's phone conversation, waved him off pointing to a pile beside her on the seat.

Digging through the pile trying to find a shirt was quickly forgotten when he saw the glimmer of light reflecting off the glossy cover. He curiously picked up the magazine for a closer look. Seeing that it was a bridal magazine, he looked at Harley, who hadn't noticed him yet, and began laughing. All the guys looked at him startled. The van had just been silent.

"What is your problem?" Brian asked, looking at him as though he were crazy. Sal pointed to Harley and held up the magazine. Brian looked from Harley to the magazine, and just as Sal had previously done he began laughing hysterically.

"Harley bought a bridal magazine!" Brian shouted, grabbing the object from Sal's hands and holding in the air for everyone to see.

Harley's eyes grew the size of plates. "I'll call you back." She said to Astria hanging up on her very fast. "Give me that!" She shrieked, lunging over the row of seats that created a barrier between them, kicking Ryan in the head in the process.

"Hey!" He said, grabbing a hold of his now slightly askewed headphones he'd been wearing. He looked at the commotion in front of him. He saw Harley make a mad dash for Sal and grabbed her leg, pulling her back just as her hands reached his neck.

This only caused the guys to laugh harder. "What the hell is going on?" Ryan asked completely oblivious to the situation.

Brian tossed the magazine at him and he caught it.

Harley tried to take advantage of him letting go of her to lunge forward and attack Sal again. Ryan was quick on his toes and grabbed the back of her shirt, pulling her back. This time he wrapped his arms around her shoulder making sure to keep a firm grip. He then refocused his attention to the magazine in his lap. "Brides." He read aloud. It took him a while to finally comprehend, but as the others had previously done he began laughing.

Harley ripped herself away from his grip and punched Ryan hard in the arm. "Ow!" He chuckled, grabbing his arm and doubling over in laughter.

"I'm gonna fucking kill you!" She screamed, jumping over the bench and going after Sal. "You ass!" She yelled, punching him in the shoulder. "You big, stupid, fucking ass!" She continued, punching him harder each time. Sal, now suffering the consequences, balled up to avoid what he could of her wrath.

"Help." Sal whimpered. Brian roared with laughter, earning a punch from Sal.

"Okay," Ryan said, trying to compose himself. "Lee, get off him." Harley ignored him and continued hitting him. "Seriously Harley." Ryan reached forward, grabbing each of her arms and bringing her backwards. Harley managed to kick Sal a couple times before finally being restrained.

"Now what's this all about?" Ryan asked calmly, moving some hair behind her shoulder.

"I don't know..." She mumbled. "I just wanted to get an idea of what we'd be dealing with for the wedding."

Ryan's voice lowered. "I thought we were just going down to the courthouse."

"No, Ryan." Harley fumed. Ryan winced at the way she said his name knowing she was about to blow. "I don't want to go to the fucking courthouse! This is suppose to special! Memorable! So you'll excuse me for wanting to have a nice ceremony! In case you didn't know, but it's a pretty important day. One I would like to remember, but apparently I was wrong in thinking you would feel the same!" She finished in a shrill voice Ryan and the rest of the guys had grown accustomed to hearing over the years when she'd lose her temper.

Ryan sighed as she climbed over the bench to the back where they had kept a mattress for various reasons. Sal and Brian quickly turned away. Ryan grimaced knowing he would have to deal with this and followed her to the back.

She ignored him and continued to type furiously on the keyboard of her phone.

"Oh c'mon, Lee." Ryan pleaded. "We didn't mean to laugh. It just caught us off guard."

"Because that's really an excuse." She scoffed.

Ryan sighed knowing that wasn't why she was mad. "I didn't realize you wanted a big wedding. I thought the court would have been enough. You've always said you didn't want anything fancy."

"Fancy. Not a fucking justice of the peace. That's just tacky. And my wedding will not be tacky." Harley sighed and set down her phone. She put her hands over her face and took a deep breath to keep from crying. She hated crying. "I don't want something big." She said, removing her hands from her face and picking up her phone again. "Just a nice ceremony. With our friends and family." Ryan propped himself up on his elbow and looked down at her, nodding his head to show he was listening to what she had to say. "Some flowers. Decorations. And I know I've always made fun of those kinds of girls, but I've always wanted a beautiful dress. Is that so wrong to that?"

Ryan shook his head and leaned down to kiss her forehead. "I'm sorry. If you want a wedding, we'll have a wedding."

She looked at him skeptically. "Really?" She asked with her eyebrow cocked.

Ryan nodded with a smile. "Dress and all. Though I'll be looking more forward to getting you out of that dress." Ryan teased, leaning down and kissing her neck.

"Oh my god, Ryan!" Harley laughed, pushing on him to get off. He looked down at her confused. "Not on the van with all the guys!"

"Oh c'mon!" Ryan rolled his eyes, leaning in again and kissing her. "It's not like we've never done it before with them on the van."

Harley thought about it. "This is true."

"Headphones!" Ryan reached up and shouted at the guys, who gave disgusted looks and disappointing head shakes before following orders and putting on their headphones to block out any noises that would emit from the couple. Harley couldn't help but laugh at him as he gave a cheesy smile before he leaned in and kissed her again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me that you love me, and it'll be alright.

That is totally stuck in my head.

Comment/subscribe.
Pretty please.

It'll start to pick up, I promise.