Status: Working on it.

Bringing In Light

II

Cassidy’s POV

I ran around my room stepping in the foot holes I had made as a result of not being bothered to clean my room. I came to my wardrobe and hastily flicked through all the clothes hanging on their clothes hangers; looking for the shirt I had bought especially for this concert.
I grabbed it and threw it on the bed looking for my pants in the pile on the floor.
I sung along to ’The Kid’s Aren’t Alright.’ By ’The Offspring’

Jamie had a chance, well she really did (whoa)
Instead she dropped out and had a couple of kids (whoa)


“Cass!” My older brother called coming down the hall
“WHAT?” I screeched back flinging clothes in different directions.
He walked in, yelled out in digust and covered his eyes.
“Let me know if you’re only wearing a bra next time”
“Aaaaah sorry Fynn” I laughed pulling on a random shirt “Clear”
He removed his hand from his face and made room on my bed. I put my hands on my hips and looked up from the pile of clothes.
“Do you have any idea where my skinny jeans could possibly be?”
“They’re on the line”
“Are they dry?” I asked hastily standing on my tip-toes to look out my window at the washing line.
“It’s the middle of Summer Cass, in Melbourne, in the hot afternoon, with ‘global warming’. The clothes are pretty much dry as soon as they’re hung out.”
“True.” I announced halfway out my door to rip my jeans off the line.
“Why are you listening to The Offspring, if you’re going to a Short Stack concert?”
“It gets me motivated for the concert. When they start their first song, my ears will be blasted with ‘new’ sound and I’ll get all tingly.”
“That’s twisted logic”
“But it works” I spun around and skipped out of my room.
I was nearly outside when I realised that Fynn had intruded my room for a reason. I ran back and came to a complete stop at my door. “What you come into tell me?” I demanded
“That your phone was buzzing. I believe it is a text.” He handed me my phone as he stood up.
“Thanks” I bounced, he laughed and I walked back outside; reading the text as I went.
It was from Jezzmyn: You’re not really making me go to this concert are yooh?
I laughed, my next door neighbour giving me an odd look.
Oh yes we are my dear Jezzmyn. Now frolic off to your wardrobe and put on the clothes Izzy set out for you :)

I tied my coloured hair up in a highly messy bun and started my make-up. I had black eye-liner on semi-thick with a light layer of mascara; purple eye shadow on my eyelids.
I put sparkly lotion all over my arms, chest and back; nearly dislocating both shoulders in the process.
“FYNN” I screamed out into the hallway “DON’T FORGET YOU’RE PICKING IZZY AND JEZZ UP AND TAKING US TO FESTIVAL HALL!!”
“I haven’t forgotten.” He said calmly, appearing out of nowhere in front of me, scaring the life out of me.
“Don’t do that.” I replyed in the same tone. He smiled and gracefully turned and left.
“Tell me when you’re ready to leave.”
“Will do.” I sung
I plugged in the hair straightener in and waited for it to heat up, figuring out how I was going to do my hair.
I made it so my purple side fringe had lots of height and blended in nicely with the rest of my hair. The rest of my hair was black, dead straight and fell to the middle of my back. I smiled at my reflection and carefully placed $100 in my bra. No-one would be able to steal it without me knowing now. I quickly made sure I looked great then waltzed out of my bedroom; Fynn knowing instantly I was ready to leave. I grabbed the ticket off the fridge shoved it in my bra too and walked outside standing by the car; waiting for Fynn to unlock it.
I sat in the front seat and texted Jezz and Izzy that I was on my way. I got an excited reply from Izzy but only a *sigh* from Jezz.
“She better not ruin the concert with her sighing” I told Fynn as he backed out of our parking space.
“She’s one of your best friends, I think she’ll put up with it for you and Izzy.”
I smiled at his optimism.
“Now, promise” He began at the red light “-that there will be no drinking, dru-“
“Fynn, are you really going to have the ’parent’ talk with me?” I asked raising my eyebrows without looking at him.
“…Just don’t do anything I wouldn’t do”
“That doesn’t rule out much” I laughed. He laughed too with a slight edge of seriousness at the corners. “I promise” I said softly, looking out the window; not wanting to have a gushy conversation with my brother.
I saw him smile in my peripheral vision and knew everything was okay and understood.

We waved bye to Fynn and took our place at the front of mosh pit line. We got there crazily early to make sure we’d be at the very front of the mosh pit. My excitement was building up, Izzy and I gushing at the thought of being pulled up onstage with Shaun, Andy and Bradie; the men we idolized. Jezz just stood there looking bored but put up with it because we’re her bestest friends
I stood there and thought how good this concert was going to be!
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey *waves*
Hope you all liked it
Peri's writing the next chapter!

Comment andSunscribe Subscribe xD