Status: Slow updates

Just Friends

Backstage Pass

Elizabeth’s Point of View


I sat behind the piano the boys had rolled onto the stage and let my fingers touch the keys. I played a few scales to warm up before playing the notes to “That’s Just The Way We Roll.” The boys and Miley sang a ridiculous version of the song that had us all laughing by the end of it.

I really loved when I got to come see them on the road. Over the last couple of tours, we were able to spend more time together because it was less regimented. It seemed to me that Disney ran a tight shift. I wasn’t necessarily thrilled that Mr. Mouse was stealing my best friends from me, but I loved him for making them so happy.

“Alright, you kiddos, that’s enough. Miley, you’ve got to go get ready. Jonai, you’ve got to actually finish soundcheck.” A crew member ordered.

They all nodded and I stood up, heading towards the edge of the stage and hopping off.

“Liz!” Joe called, so I turned, “You, me, dinner date at Tick Tock, tonight. Sound good?”

“You sure?” I yelled back.

“Yeah, it’s like a fifteen minute drive. No biggie.” He announced into the microphone.

“Can Nick and I join you?” Miley asked while hopping down next to me.

“Of course!” I nodded and smiled.

“Awesome!” She smiled back, “Hey, so you wanna come see some of the new clothes I got in? I think you’ll LOVE this one piece.”

“Um, yeah.” I grinned and we walked off.

Miley and I talked while they did her hair and make-up until she had to go into lockdown for the concert. As I walked from her dressing room to the boys’, I played with the backstage pass I had hanging from my neck. After I wished the guys good luck, I would go out to find my seat and blend in with the crowd. Whenever I was offered tickets to go see them, I always asked to have seats closer to the back to allow others the chance to see them up close. Plus, the fans in the back tended to be more dedicated and genuine. Thankfully, though, none of them are stalkerish enough to recognize me, so I always pretend to be a super fan rather than their best friend/“sister.”

I knocked on the door and announced that I was coming in before opening the door. I learned to do that after an incident on the last tour where I walked in on Joe pantsless.

“Hello, hello.” I grinned before plopping onto the couch next to Kevin and resting my head on his shoulder. “Whom are you texting?

He finished his text before responding to me, “Just the second most awesome girl I know.”

“Aw, I’m flattered. How’s Dani?”

“She’s amazing. She’ll be here tomorrow night, so would you mind keeping her company?”

“Not at all! You know I love her.” Being that I had known the boys for almost ten years now, they always sought my approval on their prospective girlfriends, and they always threatened any boy that tried to interact with me.

“She likes hanging out with you, too.” He smiled before standing up and heading towards the door, “I’m just gonna use the restroom real quick. Be back in a few.”
I waved goodbye to him before focusing my attention on Nick and Joe’s game on the entertainment center.

“Whatcha playing?” I asked, scooting closer to Joseph now.

“KILL HIM!” Joe shouted before answering, “Halo.”

“Ah, a stupid boy game.”

“It’s not stupid.” Nick corrected, “It’s awesome.”

“Mhm, sure.”

“When did you get so girly? You used to love playing these kind of games with us. Now you like looking at clothes with Miley.”

“Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t know I wasn’t allowed to hang out with my friend who invited me to hang out tonight. And we both know that I’m kidding about the game being stupid. Well, that and I would kick your ass at it.”

“I would love to see you try,” He challenged.

“You got it.” I grabbed the remote from Joe and prepared to play before Nick unpaused it.

We played for a few minutes while yelling and screaming at each other before Big Rob came in to put them under lockdown, too.

“Are you sure she can’t stay?” Nick asked.

“You know the rules,” Big Rob answered, “You made them up!”

“Damn,” Nick swore. “Well, see you in the circle. And good game.”

“Same to you,” I grinned, happy from my win.

I exited the room and went to search for our parents. Upon finding them, I struck up a conversation with Mrs. J until circle time.

The Jonases, the band, my family, and various crew members circled (well, ovaled) up, joined hands, and bowed our heads in prayer. Then we did the usual chant before all of us wished the boys good luck. They wouldn’t actually be on for a little bit, but they did it early anyways.

“Break a leg, you three,” I said as we did a quick group hug, “I plan to lose my voice by tomorrow night, so don’t mind my singing if you hear it.”

They laughed and shook their heads.

“Maybe we’ll call you up on stage and have you sing for us,” Joe joked.

“By the time I made it onto the stage, the show’d be over,” I pointed out.

“It’s worth a try. Maybe you can join us for the Final Bow,” Nick laughed, making fun of their schedule.

“Maybe!” I shrugged, chuckling as well.

After that, I went out to take my seat and enjoy the show.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry these are so short. Once we get more into the story, they'll get a little bit longer. (Pun intended.)