Sequel: Next Level
Status: Completed :) Wow....

Have We Gone Too Far?

Chapter 14

It was weird facing Jake after how he saw me yesterday, but he’s my mate so I’m going to do my best to not let it bother me: what other choice do I have? I can’t ignore him or act like it never happened; that’d only make him more suspicious.

“Are you alright now?” Jake asked me in a hushed tone as we walked towards form with the gang.

“Yeah, I just felt really... bad, you know?” I said, feeling the awkwardness of this conversation.

“I guess we all have bad days,” he said unsurely. “Are you sure that’s all that got you like that yesterday?”

I nodded at him as Kyle came in earshot.

As you probably know, all of my friends are extremely nosy and they’re always trying to find out things that they don’t need to know. Like Kyle is now.

“What?” Kyle asked as we both glared at him. “I'm just casually walking by. I'm not listening or anything like that.”

“Sure you’re not,” Jay said sarcastically making me laugh a little.

“I’d never do anything like that,” Kyle insisted but ended up laughing at himself. Even he didn’t believe what he just said!

Kyle’s a bit different than most people. He has the image, the talk and the attitude that you need to stay at the top here, but he’s an idiot as well. He does really stupid things all the time, but no one cares when he does it because he’s, well, he’s Kyle. I can guarantee that if I ever did some of the things he does the whole school would be talking about it and I’d never be able to live it down. I suppose only Kyle can get away with stuff like that.

“So, are we doing anything tonight?” Kyle asked in a chirpy kind of voice.

I’ve never had him down as a morning person so something must have happened to make him this lively.

“A party! A club! I don’t know, how about...?” he shouted as he kept adding things to his list. Something’s definitely happened to him! No one’s this happy (or mad) in the morning.

“Kyle! Kyle” I said trying to calm him down. “You seem a little more hyper than usual,” I stated, using the voice that most people use when they talk to young children.

“I had a good night,” he grinned.

“SPILL!” Jay shouted, wanting to know everything.

“It’s not like that,” he blushed. “I just had some fun, why does everything have to be dirty with you guys?” he hissed sounding embarrassed.

“Aww, Kyle’s in love!” Jake joked; making Kyle hit him across the arm.

Ouch, I thought as I imagined how painful a whack from Kyle would be. I feel for you Jay, I really do.

“That hurt man.”

“It was meant to,” Kyle grunted and walked quicker so he was ahead of us.

When he walked off I knew something was wrong. First he was all happy in the morning! And now he’s having a strop because Jake was messing around with him. There’s definitely something wrong. I’ll have to talk to him later; as soon as we’re alone.

In form I sat down next to Kyle, he didn’t look like he wanted to talk but I knew I’d be able to make him in the end. I don’t know how I’ll do it, seeing as he doesn’t usually get in a bad mood, but I’ll give it a go.

“What’s up Kyle?” I whispered. “Something’s obviously bothering you.”

“Yup,” he sighed.

At least he isn't trying to deny it.

“Are you going to tell me what it is?”

“You’ll hate me,” he mumbled.

“No I won’t,” I said wanting to comfort him. I wanted so much to just hug him and make him feel better but I knew I couldn’t do that. Not here. Not with him. “Just tell me.”

“I thought I did something really amazing last night, but now I realized how selfish I was,” he sighed. “If Jake finds out, he’ll kill me, but if he doesn’t he’s going to be a laughing stock.”

“What do you mean Ky?” I asked, starting to be even more concerned.

“If his girlfriend’s going around sleeping with everyone then, sooner or later people will find out and he’ll be crushed. Then everyone will start saying things about him dating a slag and how stupid he must be to let it happen.”

“Are you trying to say you slept with Ellie?” I asked him, already knowing his answer.

“I don’t know what to do,” he sighed. “She said she wants to be with me and not him but it’ll crush him and if she’d cheat on him with me, what’s to say she hasn’t done it loads of times before?”

“You better not be considering getting with her. If you do, Jake will hurt you.”

“I know, I know. We were like magic though and I can’t stop thinking about her.”

“I don’t want to tell you this but; if she leaves him for you, you’ll probably lose quite a few good mates. I mean, Jay’s not going to forgive you and you and her are the bad guys in this situation so I’ll be siding with Jay.”

I hated telling my best mate this, but he needed to hear it. If he was going to give himself to her he should at least know all of the consequences.

“Okay,” he sighed and then went quiet so he could think about it.

Him and Ellie; wow, I did not see that one coming. I never really had her down as the sort of girl who sleeps around, especially with one of her boyfriend’s best mates. It’s just wrong!

“Zack,” he whispered. “What do I tell her?”

“Say she’s not worth giving up your mates! Say she was a mistake!”

“I can’t say that!” he hissed. “If she honestly doesn’t like Jay anymore she won’t care about his feelings. So, if I upset her, she might tell him what we did.”

“Ellie’s not like that Ky, and you know that. Just stop worrying about it.”

I thought about Ellie and she’s never seemed mean or even had something suspicious about her, so why would she do this? And why did Kyle let her?

***

Looks like I'm going to have to face Mr. Sanders again and it’s not going to be easy. He’s going to give me a real hard time today, who wouldn’t? I told him I wanted him. I'm so pathetic.

I decided to walk into the office without knocking; I’m not showing him respect, he doesn’t deserve it. All he does is think about himself and he doesn’t give a toss about how I feel about anything. How did he manage to get a job involving listening to kids?

“Nice of you to just walk in Zack,” he said in a cheerful voice. God he makes me sick.

Ignoring him, I took a seat and made myself comfortable. Now I need to get in the right mind frame. Don’t say anything. If he brings up yesterday act like you can’t remember. And don’t look right at him, if you do you won’t be able to take your eyes away and that’s when you’re most vulnerable. I think I'm ready.

“Are you feeling better now?” he asked me.

“Yeah.”

Great! I’ve broken rule one all ready.

“Good, good,” he sighed. “At the end of yesterday’s session we were talking about your mum and dad, do you remember?”

“A bit,” I mumbled.

“Great,” he smiled. “When you told me that they don’t care; what did you mean by that?”

I groaned mentally and tried to think of something. It’ll have to be convincing because this guy doesn’t seem easily fooled.

“They work a lot. It’s nothing really.”

Problem solved.

“It must be more than that Zack; I saw how you reacted yesterday.”

Okay, so now it’s not solved. Perfect!

“It was nothing okay. Can we talk about something else?”

He looked at me a little stunned for some reason as if he didn’t expect me to say that. Weird.

“Fine... Mr. Baker mentioned something to me the other day,” he said. “It was about your eating habits.”

“There’s nothing wrong with them,” I grunted.

I watched as his eyes looked up and down my body making me feel really self conscious. What was he doing?

“Stand up.”

“Why?” I hissed at him.

“Just do it and come over here,” he insisted as he walked over to the mirror on his office wall.

I slowly got up and stood next to him in the mirror. I felt really weird now and it was more than just an awkward feeling. There was a tense sort of atmosphere in the room and it was putting my whole body on edge.

“Take your blazer off.”

“What?” I whispered in a weak voice.

“I need to show you something,” he mumbled as he helped me to take it off, making my heart race.

What’s he trying to do to me? He knows I like him so why’s he doing this?

“Look at yourself. You’re wasting away Zack.”

“No I'm not,” I whispered.

I looked away from the mirror for a moment but then I felt his hands against my stomach as he lifted the bottom of my shirt up. I started shaking from his touch as a weird sensation raced through my body.

“What are you doing?” I whispered in shock.

“Just at yourself Zack, please!”

I gave in and shifted my gaze to the mirror. I looked at myself for a moment but the fact that it was him holding my shirt up distracted me and left me staring at him instead. Remembering how I had seen him a few nights ago. Completely naked. I knew I was blushing but I couldn’t help it.

I felt a pair of eyes staring at me so instinctively I gazed back at them. How can this man be so beautiful? I noticed his face go a little pink in the corners and I hoped he wasn't imagining me the way I was just doing for him. He wouldn’t though; he doesn’t think of me like that, does he?

“Can you put my shirt down now, Sir?” I whispered, feeling pretty awkward right now.

“Oh... Sorry,” he muttered as he let go, but then immediately turned his eyes to my face again.

I’m really confused now, I thought he didn’t want to be with me but this is hardly student and teacher behavior.

“Cole,” I whispered.

I watched him as he blinked a few times, trying to stop focusing on me; he was clearly struggling.

“I'm sorry,” he whispered. “I probably shouldn’t have done that,” he sighed.

“It’s okay.”

Cole likes me! He must do! Why else would he be acting like this?

I watched him in a dream like state while he walked back towards his desk. Note to self: when you’re in a complete dream world, don’t try walking forwards; you end up falling over and hurting yourself.

“Crap,” I mumbled to myself, going red with embarrassment. I'm usually not this clumsy.

“Let me help you up,” Cole sighed as he held out his hand for me.

When our hands touched something happened. And somehow we ended up gazing into each other’s eyes again. We were leaning in towards each other. Then our lips brushed together softly until it developed into a full on kiss. Wow!

I groaned as he tongue locked on to mine and his teeth lightly nibbled on my lower lip. God I love you Cole! I love you so much. I felt his hands travel towards my belt buckle and try to unfasten it but then we heard a gasp which forced us apart. We weren’t alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun Dun Dun!
Another cliff hanger (sorry) xD
I'm really really HAPPY now! Because last time I lost a subscriber but since my last update I've gained not one not two not three not four not five not six but SEVEN SUBSCRIBERS!!! So a massive thanks to those guys :)

Friday Update *tick*
Saturday Update *tick*
Sunday Update *tick*
Monday Update *tick*

Thanks to:
EvilMonique
rossakamfzb
Heaven Help Us (new commenter)
HeartShapedLocket
Moosey
Pineapplemoo
For Commenting !!!

Character's page has been updated :)