Sequel: Next Level
Status: Completed :) Wow....

Have We Gone Too Far?

Chapter 24

In the end PE wasn't too bad and I could tell Mr. Baker was worried about me still. He kept looking over at me to make sure I was alright, but he didn’t make it obvious to anyone else that something was upsetting me. That’s why I prefer him to Mr. Markham; he has a better way with words.

When I walked out of the changing rooms I accidentally walked into someone. It honestly was an accident. I wasn't looking where I was going and now some poor kid’s on the floor.

I looked down to him and realized who it was, well, it wasn't too hard to realize seeing as he’s the only person in school not wearing uniform at the moment.

“Are you going to help me up?” he asked.

“Surely you can manage that yourself,” I grunted back at him.

“You could at least apologize,” he muttered as he got up and started rubbing off the bit of mud that he got on himself after his little trip.

“I'm not saying sorry,” I grinned. “I meant to do it.”

I know I was lying; it was accidental, but this something about this guy that I just can’t stand so there’s no chance that I’ll apologize to him.

“Oh,” he sighed as I barged through him again and headed over to the bike sheds.

I was planning on going to see Cole a little earlier than usual today but I thought I should at least let the guys know I’m alight seeing as they’ve probably heard about me crying by now.

“Cry baby,” Kyle grunted as I walked over to everyone.

“Are you alright now babes?” Beth asked in a caring voice as she wrapped her arms around me. “What was wrong?”

“It doesn’t matter,” I sighed.

“So you cried for nothing?” Kyle grunted again.

“Leave him alone Kyle!” Beth said defensively. “Everyone is allowed a little cry. You know that better than most people,” Beth hissed.

“What’s that meant to mean?” Kyle asked.

“I mean it’s not like I haven’t seen you cry.”

I have never seen Kyle cry so I had no idea how or when Beth could have. Kyle comes across as one of those guys who never cry, but then again, so do I. On the outside I use to be able to hide my emotions and feelings, but I'm struggling to keep doing that now.

“When did Ky cry?” Jake asked as he joined our little conversation.

“He probably won’t want me to tell you lot,” she grinned.

“Just tell us!” Ellie said as she joined in too.

I looked over at Kyle and noticed the dead expression on his face. He was too quiet now; he’s not even trying to stop her telling us about when he cried. That’s really out of character for him.

“Are you alright Ky?” I asked him.

“Yeah,” he mumbled.

“He’s just getting embarrassed,” Ellie smiled giving him a really perverted look that only I noticed.

“I'm not embarrassed.”

“You’re red!” she shouted.

“You are you know,” Jay added as he wrapped his arms around Ellie’s waist.

“I think I'm going to go for a run with some of the guys now,” he sighed. “I need a bit of exercise.”

He said that but I knew he didn’t mean it. Heck, he’d only just had PE. He just couldn’t stand seeing Ellie and Jay so close together and, well, happy. Kyle just couldn’t take that and I suppose I understand because he really does like Ellie; I’ve got no idea why? She’s alittle bit of a slut.

When he left the four of us sat down on the grass with a few other friends and we started begging Beth to tell us what made Kyle cry. I know it sounds harsh doing this seeing as he doesn’t want us to know but we’re his friends. He can trust us.

“Just tell us Beth!” Ellie shouted, well it was more of a screech really.

“Fine, but it says between us four and you can’t tell him I told you, alright?”

“Sure. Whatever,” we answered, opening our ears.

“His mum and dad are getting a divorce,” she whispered. “He came to me about it and he was really upset. And he’s scared about having to choose someone to live with and about what his brothers are going to do.”

“They can’t be splitting up! His mum and dad are well cool,” Jay complained, rather loudly.

“Well they are, and his little brothers are really upset and they don’t want to talk to his mum or dad anymore so they’re just clinging onto him and they really need him to stay strong for them.”

“Poor Kyle,” Jay mumbled as he pulled Ellie onto his knee. “You’d tell me if anything was bothering you like that, wouldn't you?” he said caringly into her ear, but we all could hear him even though he was trying to be quiet.

“I tell you everything babes,” she lied.

I can’t believe I'm only now noticing how devious she is. I hate her. To think I use to think of her as a friend; it’s just weird.

“Erm, guys I’ve got to go now,” I said quietly as I stood up with my bag.

“Where are you going?”

I might as well be honest.

“To see Mr. Sanders,” I mumbled as I walked away.

“Why?” they shouted at me.

“Just because,” I yelled back to them.

Best answer ever! There’s nothing more straight forward than that.

As I was walking across the yard I noticed that Liza was walking towards me. Great! I don’t mean that in a mean way, it’s just she can be a little annoying and well, earlier today she kind of kissed me. So, yeah, maybe it’s best if we don’t say hi every time we see each other. Especially if she’s going to force herself on me, which I honestly do forgive her for by the way.

“Hey Zacky,” she sniffed like she’d been crying again.

“Hi,” I mumbled trying to sound interested.

“I'm really sorry about earlier,” he whispered.

“I’m over it, don’t worry. It’s not the first time or the last that someone’s been like that with me,” I joked making her laugh a little.

“Thanks Zack. You’re awesome,” she grinned. “Are you alright now?”

“Oh, yeah,” I mumbled. Why did she have to ask that?

“You looked so upset in maths...”

“I know,” I hissed interrupting her. “And it’s my business so don’t go telling anyone or bringing it up again.”

“I'm sorry,” she sighed. “And it wasn't me telling people about it; I wouldn't do that.”

I knew she wouldn't do that, she likes me, why would she try to make things difficult for me?

“I know you wouldn't, I’m just a little worked up about it at the moment.”

I don’t really know why I told her that. I could have easily thought of an excuse to get away by now, but the truth is she looked so sad and I knew she was only really talking to me at the moment. I’m not one hundred percent sure but I think she had a fallout with her mates.

“Are you feeling alright? I asked her.

She shook her head at me.

“Can I just talk to you for a bit?” she asked me. God, she sounded so desperate, she looked it too. Maybe she just needs a good chat. I can give her that, can’t I?

I looked down at my watch; we had ages before the bell went but I sort of wanted to go see Cole earlier so I can have more time to try and explain to him what happened to me. I don’t know why I'm telling him but I feel like he’s the only person I can trust and who’ll help me.

“Sure, do you want to go somewhere more private than the middle of the yard?”

“Ha, yeah; that’d be good actually,” she laughed. “Do want to go to the library? We can have a quiet chat there and no one will disturb us.” She noticed the expression on my face and burst out laughing. “Or we could sit on the field,” she laughed.

“Go on then,” I chuckled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short Chapter (sorry) I didn't really know what to put for this one xD

Next Chapter will have something with Liza and Zacky (probably) and I forgot about him talking to Cole which is why I've had so many chapters since that was first mentioned, oops.

The layout voting can still happen now because I've only had 3 votes so I'll wait and see if anyone else prefers one of them :)

Thanks to
Moosey
CherryxColoredxSkies
AshJRaj94
HeartShapedLocket
Danny Worsnop
rossakamfzb
For commenting

(Shorter author's note)- I hope