Sequel: Next Level
Status: Completed :) Wow....

Have We Gone Too Far?

Chapter 26

“Zack, have you seen Kyle?” Beth asked as she ran towards me panicking.

“What? No. Why?”

“I haven’t seen him since lunch, have you? He said he was going for a run but when I asked if anyone saw him there they all said no.”

“Has Ellie seen him?” I asked, really hoping that they hadn’t snuck off together.

“No, she’s was in all my lessons today,” she cried. “I'm worried about him. What if someone took him?”

“Beth, I'm sure he’s fine,” I said trying to calm her down, even though I knew her too well to think that she would.

“Look, Zack. I know he went to the changing rooms, but he didn’t come out again,” she whispered.

“What do you mean?” I asked her.

“I'm scared something’s happened to him, okay?” she cried. “Will you look if he’s in there?”

“Of course I will,” I told her. “But first I want you to take some deep breaths.”

“Fine,” she panted then tried to slow her breathing. “Is that good enough?”

I nodded weakly as we ran down to the boys changing rooms. The bell for the end of the day just rang so we knew we didn’t have too long before teachers will be walking around everywhere. They don’t really like you being in places you shouldn’t and they hate people who hang around after school, they generally give you a detention if they catch you and then force you to stay.

Beth waited outside the door when I walked in. The room was empty except for one person; the new boy.

“Why are you in here?” I asked him.

“I was just leaving,” he grunted, and then I noticed he was wet and had toilet paper stuck to his shoe.

“Ha, someone tried flushing you,” I laughed. “Way!”

“Just leave me alone,” he grunted.

As he tried to walk passed me I got in his way purposely. I don’t know what it is about this kid but I think I need to give him my full attention.

“What makes you think I’m going to let you leave?” I asked him.

He looked at me like he was really fed up and about to cry. I felt awful seeing him like that but for some reason it made me happy.

I grabbed onto him and dragged him over to the showers and chucked him in there, turning on all of the water to get him nice and wet. That’ll teach him for laughing at me earlier. No one messes with me.

When he tried to get up I shoved him back down again and he bashed himself against the wall.

“You’re pathetic,” I grunted at him as his soaked body curled up on the floor crying.

One thing I had to congratulate him on is how good he looked wet. God he was fit. Heck he looked absolutely adorable right now.

I grabbed him and lifted him up from the floor; he was a lot lighter than he looked. Seriously it was like I was barely lifting anything. His body was all tense though which made it easier.

“Stay out of my way,” I hissed at him and then dropped him back down again.

As I looked down at him I felt awful. I am so mean! What’s wrong with me? I’d never be this harsh on people, so why am I to him?

I was about to walk out I remembered why I came in here in the first place; Kyle. I had a look around but I couldn’t see him, so I decided to check in Mr. Baker’s office.

The room was pretty much the same as it was this morning, except for some marks on the couch he had in there. I looked closer at it and fear shuck through me. There was blood on it. Blood! How the hell did that get there?

“Hurry up Zack!” I heard Beth shout from outside.

Quickly I walked out of his office and went back out to Beth.

“He wasn't in there,” I mumbled, trying not to think about the blood.

“He has to be!” she shouted.

“Well he’s not.”

“I don’t believe you,” she roared as she ran through the door. I tried to pull her back but I wasn't quick enough.

“Beth, I can explain,” I said sounding really guilty as she stared at the boy who was now crying in the middle of the room. How did he get there?

“What the hell did you do to him?” she asked me. “You’re a-a... bully!” she shouted as she ran over and wrapped her arms around the boy. “What’s your name sweetie?” she asked him.

“Zander,” he sniffed.

I glared at them; I hate that guy so much and I don’t even know him. What’s wrong with that? To be honest I don’t even regret hurting him that much. He should be able to take it. He’s not a little kid. What am I thinking? This is my fault.

“I'm sorry,” I muttered.

“I can’t believe you did this Zack!” she shouted at me.

“Beth-”

“Don't speak to me!” she hissed and then went all soft again to talk to Zander. “It’s alright. Just ignore that jerk, that’s what I do,” she laughed sweetly.

The look on her face really scared me, she looked so mad at me but I barely did anything. I just got him a bit wet, what’s wrong with that? It’s not like every new kid at this school doesn’t get this kind of welcome.

“I thought you wanted to find Kyle,” I mumbled.

“And I thought I told you not to talk to me!” she screeched. “You can be so mean Zack! Sometimes I wonder why we’re friends.”

That hurt, she’s always cared about me so much and now she’s questioning our friendship. I’ve really ticked her off this time and I know I'm going to pay for it. I mean, she isn't even that bothered about Kyle now. She’s obsessed with stupid Zander.

Zander, ha! Why does he get all of the attention? I'm way better than him and Beth knows that.

“Will you stop hugging him!” I shouted. “There’s nothing wrong with him; he only want attention.”

“Get out Zack!” she hissed. “You’re upsetting him.”

My eyes met Zander’s and to be honest he didn’t look that upset anymore. He seemed a little scared but I think that’s more Beth’s fault than mine because she’s the one smothering him.

“It’s alright,” I just about heard him whisper. “I'm fine,” he sighed as he stood up.

“You don’t need to pretend to make him happy!” Beth told him but it didn’t look like he was listening.

I bit my lip as Beth stared daggers at both of us. She doesn’t like it when people don’t do what she wants them to. In a weird way it was kind of funny. She’s been trying to make him feel better and now he’s just acting like he’s not bothered. What type of thank you is that? Maybe I was right to do what I did to him.

Zander looked from me to Beth ad then back again before making a dash for the door. When he left it was just Beth and I; she looked so worn out though. I can’t believe she’s stressing so much over Kyle. Unless she’s been having similar sleepless nights to me; nightmares of her attack repeating over and over.

“Ungrateful little wimp,” I heard her mumble angrily below her breath.

I laughed at her and she tried to smile back at me.

“I'm sorry,” I told her.

“I know, it’s just I didn’t think you were like that anymore. It was a bit of a surprise if you know what I mean.”

“I can’t believe I did it either,” I explained as I sat down on one of the benches.

We sat down in silence for a moment and I watched as Beth looked around her new surroundings, I’d forgotten she’d never been in here before. Her eyes traveled from the random health and fitness posters to the spare kit that had been left and dotted around the room.

“It smells,” she laughed pinching hold of her nose. “What do you guys do in here?” she joked.

“Trust me,” I chuckled, “You don’t want to know.”

***

After a while Beth decided she was ready to go home but I wasn't yet. I wanted to go and see Cole again before I left. I'm not really too sure why but part of me just felt like it needed to see him. Also, I’d love it if he just told me who raped him. I mean, what if it was all connected? I know it’s unlikely but I'm sure it’s happened before.

I feel like I’m a detective and it’s my job to solve this mystery and believe me when I say this, I will crack the case. Cole will tell me eventually and I’ll be able to link everything together. Then if they’re not related at all, I can at least stop wondering.

“Why are you still here Mr. Mondale?” I heard Mr. Baker ask me.

Why did he have to find me? I trust the guy with my life but I can’t pretend I didn’t find blood in his office and there aren’t many good ways of explaining that to someone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Random chapter hehe
Next one is going to be in Mr. Baker's POV. Be afraid. Be very afraid!

Thanks to
Danny Worsnop
AshJRaj94
Moosey
HeartShapedLocket
For Commenting