Sequel: Next Level
Status: Completed :) Wow....

Have We Gone Too Far?

Chapter 29 (Cole's Point of View)

If only John wasn't here right now. Everything would be better and a hell of a lot easier for Zack and I. I mean it’s so obvious that Zack isn’t in the state to be dealing with John questioning and lecturing him. It’s not fair on him. And also with John here there’s a limit to how many things I can do to cheer him up. Stupid John’s ruining everything.

Why did he even come with us? He clearly doesn’t care about Zack or the way that I feel about him. There must be some sort of reason to explain why he’s here though; right?

I noticed the looks that John was giving Zacky so I hit his arm with force. Why can’t he just leave him alone?

“Stop it,” I hissed.

He shook his head at me as if this was a big joke to him. How pathetic can you get? Zack’s a kid who’s probably traumatized after what’s just happened to him. Can’t John treat him a little bit better!

I know he’s my brother and he cares about me but this is pushing it a bit. Zacky’s really upset and he’s still acting like an overprotective jerk even though he knows I wish he’d support mine and Zack’s relationship.

It was a long awkward car ride that was mostly in silence after that. No one dared to speak but compared to John voicing his thoughts; I was enjoying this uncomfortable atmosphere.

When we arrived at my home Zack seemed hesitant to get out. I can’t blame him really. The poor thing’s still in shock and well, the last time we were both here things were a little... awkward.

“Come on,” I said as I entwined his fingers with mine to take him into the house. “Don't worry about John,” I whispered as we walked in.

My brother had already made himself comfortable on the sofa with the TV on and his feet resting on the coffee table; he knows how much I hate him doing that! Jerk!

“Do you want a drink?” I softly asked Zack as he took a seat at the opposite side of the room to John.

He nodded lightly and I walked out to the kitchen to get it for him, followed by John. At least if he’s here bothering me he won’t be making things even worse for Zack.

“What are you playing at John?” I asked him fiercely, slamming my fist down on the counter.

“He’s using you Cole,” he hissed at me.

“I'm not listening to this John. You don’t know him!”

No one knows him and no one has the right to judge him like that.

“He seems awfully clingy-”

“I’d be surprised if he wasn't after what happened to him,” I grunted. What a jerk! “How can you be so insensitive?”

He shook his head at me with a dirty look on his face. As he walked closer to me I knew he was going to say something ridiculous that I didn’t want to hear.

“He just wants sex Cole,” she sighed. “That’s all anyone wants from you.”

My mouth practically dropped open and I slapped him; hard. That really stung. He knows how much I hate it when he talks about things like that. In the past I was in a few bad relationships where my partner just abused me. We’d be great and happy together for months but then something would change and they’d start hurting me. They’d cause me as much pain as possible until I gave them what they wanted, whenever they wanted it.

“I can’t believe you John,” I sniffed.

“I'm sorry,” he whispered. “I just don’t want you getting hurt again. I know how many times that heart of yours has been broken,” he explained as he tapped my chest. “You’re a nice guy Cole, you don’t deserve this.”

I shook my head at him. Sure, at the time I had no idea that my partners were going to turn on me. I didn’t know they’d hurt me. I didn’t think that they only wanted to be with me for sex. But, even though I had no idea that they’d be like that; I know Zack wouldn't.

My eyes starting stinging as I thought back to those long painful nights. They were defiantly the worst I’ve ever had. Heck even my night with Mr. Baker wasn't too bad compared to what sort of things they’d do to me. It was horrible.

“Are you alright?” he asked me.

I nodded at him and got some chilled water out for Zack to drink. He probably won’t want anything special at the moment. A nice cold drink is exactly what he needs right now.

He was still sitting where he was when I left the room and it didn’t seem like he’d moved the slightest bit. He’s still dealing with the shock. I can’t believe Frank would resort to hurting him like this. He knows this is between me and him; Zack should be left way out of this. He’s the innocent one in this situation.

“I’ve got your drink,” I said passing it over and taking a seat beside him. “How’re you feeling?”

“Bit better,” he whispered unconvincingly.

“Do you want to get a shower or anything?” I asked him, knowing how much I use to want to wash away that dirty feeling after it happened to me.

He shook his head which surprised me.

“Why not?” I asked him, not meaning for it to sound the way it did when the words escaped my mouth.

He shrugged. God I wish he’d give me verbal answers.

“Do you want to get some sleep?”

Once again he shook his head. Why is he doing this? He knows he needs to get some rest, he knows he wants to be clean, so why isn't he taking me up on my offers? It’s not like I’d ever hurt him.

Wait, what if he thinks I would? What if he’s scared of me? I wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing that he was scared to be near me.

Zack looked at me and smiled thankfully. Ha, of course he doesn’t fear me. He loves me, remember? He loves me just like I love him. That’s why we’re so perfect together.

“Why don’t you want to go home?” I asked him.

He tensed up a little and started shaking. It must be serious to make him act like this. God I’m worried now. How bad can it be?

“Tell me Zack.”

“My d-d-dad tol-d,” he sniffed as he panted trying to get his words out. “D-dad and-d Mr. B-Baker,” he cried.

My eyes shot open. What did he just say?

“Your dad and Mr. Baker?” I asked him. “What did they do sweetie?”

He looked at me and I noticed a slight twinkle in his eyes. It looked like fear.

“He told him to.”

I nodded as I started to understand what he was saying. I still couldn’t believe it though.

“Your dad told Mr. Baker to do that?” I asked just to make sure I was thinking the right thing.

“Yeah,” he sniffed as I pulled him into a tight hug.

“It’s going to be alright Zack. There’s no chance you’re going back there babes,” I told him. “Is there anyone else you can talk to about this?” I asked him.

“No.”

No? I’ve seen him with his friends and they seem like a really close group. There must be someone there for him to talk to.

“What about Kyle?” I asked. “Isn't he your best mate?”

“Can’t tell Kyle,” he grunted.

“Jake?” I wondered.

“I don’t know,” he cried. “I don’t really want anyone to know.”

I sighed, completely understanding what he was trying to say.

“Well, is there a friend’s house you can stay at for tonight?”

I know it sounds mean but I can’t risk him staying here. Risk one: John. Risk two: Mr. Baker knows I live here and this’ll e the first place he comes to look for him. Three: I can’t exactly look after him properly here.

“I’m meant to be at Liza’s,” he sniffed.

“Do you think you can talk to her about it?”

He shook his head at me and sighed.

“She’s let me stay the night though,” he smiled. “She likes spending time with me.”

“I noticed,” I laughed at him.

I mean have you seen them together? She follows him around everywhere! Not to mention she obviously has a crush on him.

“Do you want me to drop you off at hers?”

He nodded and stood up like he was ready to leave right now.

“We can wait a bit,” I told him.

“She’ll be annoyed if I’m not there soon,” he told me.

So he’s leaving me to spend time with the creepy stalker girl. I can’t explain how that makes me feel.

“I can walk if you want,” he told me. “I need a bit of air and it’ll probably be easier that way,” he sighed.

“If that’s what you want,” I mumbled as I walked with him to the door. “Are you still going to meet me at the café in the morning?”

He nodded and smiled before pulling me into a hug.

“Thanks for today Cole,” he said before pecking me on the cheek and walking out, leaving me standing there on my own.

“Is he gone now?” John shouted through from the kitchen.

I was surprised that he stayed away for so long. Maybe he’s not as bad as I thought.

“That kid’s going to hurt you,” he mumbled. “And I don’t want you to come crying to me when it happens.”

“It won’t John,” I sighed knowing that he’d never get the message. “Trust me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Cole's Point of View :) Someone mentioned that I hadn't used it in a while so here it is

Ive got people over for most of today and quite a bit of tomorrow too so I don't know when the next chapter will be up. It might be tomorrow (if I'm not too tired to finish it) or it might be on Monday so, yeah...

Thanks to
Moosey
AshJRaj94
Danny Worsnop
Pineapplemoo
HeartShapedLocket
rossakamfzb
For commenting :)