Sequel: Next Level
Status: Completed :) Wow....

Have We Gone Too Far?

Chapter 36

I heard my dad’s voice walking down the corridors. He was calling my name! God no! Please no.

“Cole he’s coming,” I cried.

“I’ve got a plan; don’t worry,” he smiled. “I called John before and he should be waiting right outside this window in a matter of minutes,” he smiled, however it wasn't a very confident one. That’s probably because John doesn’t seem like someone who’s very reliable.

“Minutes might not be long enough,” I sniffed.

“Yes it will,” he insisted.

I could hear my dad yelling at Mr. Walker for allowing me to get out of school in the first place; he was so scary. I’d hate to be Mr. Walker right now.

“WHERE IS HE?” My dad shouted making me jump out of my skin.

“Cole!” I cried.

“Look, can you get out the window?” he asked me.

“Yeah,” I sniffed. I have a lot of experience escaping from windows at home so this shouldn’t be much different. “Will John be there?” I asked him.

“He won’t be long,” Cole muttered as he rushed me over to the window and opened it for me. “Be careful,” he whispered and then pulled me against him, locking his lips with mine.

His tongue explored my mouth and calmed me down almost completely. He made my whole body feel so relax; it was amazing.

“Thanks Cole,” I sniffed when we finally parted.

I jumped up onto the window sill and looked down. I know they always say looking down is a bad thing but if I don’t I might judge the jump wrong and break something. Okay, deep breaths.

“Three,” I whispered. “Two... One.”

And then I jumped. Down I fell. Thud! I hit the ground. God that hurt. I stayed where I was for a moment to get my breath back. Nothing’s broken, that’s good.

Slowly I got up to my feet, my legs were killing but I knew I had to get moving soon. But, where the hell is John? I’ll hate him forever if he doesn’t get here.

Just as I thought that I noticed a car that looked a hell of a lot like Cole’s outside school’s gates. It might be John. Just make a run for it Zack! No one will spot you.

I took my own advice and darted across the yard and scaled over the fence to get over to the other side. My whole body was killing but I had to get away so all I could do was ignore the pain that I was in; there was no other option.

Standing at the other side of the gate I started wondering whether or not it was Cole’s car. What if it wasn't? Just don’t think like that!

I walked over to the car and sighed with relief when I saw John inside it. He smiled at me and told me to get in and sit at the passenger’s side.

“Thanks,” I sniffed as I sat down and put my belt on.

“So are you going to tell me what’s happened?” he asked me as he drove off.

“In a bit,” I mumbled as I tried to catch my breath again.

“This doesn’t count as kid napping does it?” he asked me.

I laughed a little and then told him no.

“It’s more of a rescue,” I explained. “My dad was there,” I mumbled.

“I'm guessing you two aren’t close then,” he sighed.

“You could say that.”

For the rest of the car ride we both stayed quiet. He concentrated on his driving and I just stared out of the window. There was nothing interesting going on outside I just had nothing better to do really. Watching the world pass by in front of you is a really great way to take your mind off things, sometimes anyway.

“We’re here,” he told me as he pulled up on Cole’s drive. “Make yourself comfortable.”

I nodded at him as we walked into the house. It was just how it was last time, except a little
messier. I'm guessing John had something to do with that.

“Thanks John,” I smiled at him.

“You’re welcome,” he responded. “Do you want a drink or something to eat?”

I shook my head at him; I was still too scared to do much. What would’ve happened if I didn’t get out? What would he have done to me? It’s terrifying just thinking about it.

“So what’s with your dad?” he asked me as we both sat on the couch in the living room.

“He hurts me...” I mumbled.

“He beats you up?” he asked me.

“Yeah, that’s basically what he does,” I explained. “He was the one who told that guy to, you know, the other day.”

“He got a teacher to rape you!” he shouted. “That’s sick.”

“I know,” I whispered.

“No offense but your dad sucks,” he said in a weird voice.

“You could say that too,” I smiled at him. “Could you answer something for me?” I asked, feeling like I needed to stop him talking about my life.

“Go on,” he muttered.

“What was Cole like with his parents? Why did they kick him out when your dad found out he was gay?”

Some people would think that was a pretty random question but it’s actually something I’ve been wondering about for a while.

“Well...” he sighed. “Cole was a bit of a hard kid to look after before all of that. They didn’t kick him out because he’s gay.”

“That’s not what Cole said,” I told him.
“Well it’s true. Cole was a pain for them and he-he did something I can’t really tell you about; that’s why he had to leave.”

“What did he do?” I asked.

“You won’t want to hear it Zack,” he sighed. “I shouldn’t have mentioned it.”

“I want to know,” I said confidently. “Just tell me.”

“He...”
♠ ♠ ♠
Really short and an annoying cliff hanger :( The reason I left it like that is because i didn't know what to put and then i went to bed and then in the morning i just left it and moved onto something else so... this is it xD

Oh and thanks to Hopeless-Romantic94 for letting me know that Zander had called himself gay earlier and then in the last chapter he said he'd never liked a guy before... I sort of forgot about that but it's been changed now so wooo

Thanks to
Moosey
Danny Worsnop
SnowxBree
Hopeless-Romantic94
Heaven Help Us
rossakamfzb
AshJRaj94
for commenting :)