Sequel: Next Level
Status: Completed :) Wow....

Have We Gone Too Far?

Chapter 38 (Cole's Point Of View)

I hung up on Zack and turned to the distressed girl in front of me. She looked so scared and worried that I felt like I had to drop everything for her. I also knew that she was one of Zack’s friends, Beth, I think, so part of me wanted to help her for him as well.

“Do you want to sit down?” I asked her as I took a seat behind my desk.

The brunette nodded weakly at me and sat down trying to act a little more confident than she was. She smiled at me.

“I need to talk to someone,” she whispered. “I'm scared and I don’t know what to do.”

“What’s up sweetie?” I asked her softly.

“It’s kind of a long story,” she mumbled.

“Well we have all the time you need,” I told her hoping that she’d explain to me what’s happened. She seems terrified so I know it must be something serious.

“I don’t know where to start.”

“The beginning’s usually a good place,” I smiled making her laugh a bit; at least she’s smiling now.

“Okay,” she smiled. “I was at a party with some of my mates but it ended a little earlier than it was meant to because her parents came home. It was getting really dark so I thought I’d better head back home,” she sniffed.

I could see pain in her eyes; so much pain that it was actually making me hurt. Something told me where this was going. A young girl out late at night on her own; it wasn't going to end well.

“On my way home this guy started following me and I didn’t want him to know where I lived so I went to this park.”

God this isn't going well!

“Then he caught up with me as I walked past the bushes and he pulled me into them and... raped me,” she said shyly.

When she said the last two words one person came to mind; Frank Baker. He wouldn't have done it again would he? Why does he keep doing this? I'm going to kill him! I'm sick of this and if I have to end this I will.

“Do you know who it was?” I asked her.

She nodded weakly and went bright red.

“Who was it?” I asked her, hoping to not hear a certain name.

“Mr. Baker,” she whispered.

I tried to act shocked; knowing that I couldn’t let on that this isn't the first time he’s done this. I can’t believe he did it again! How did he ever become a teacher with a record like this? Maybe everyone’s just too scared to speak up.

“That’s not all,” she cried.

“What is it?” I asked her extremely concerned; how much worse can this get?

“I'm pregnant,” she sniffed.

There was a awkward silence in the room; I didn’t know what to say. It’s just disgusting to think that a mini Mr. Baker is growing inside of her. I had to try hard to hide the fact that I was gagging. If I wasn't male it could have been me carrying his child. God that’s hard to think about.

“Are you sure it’s his?” I asked pulling a disgusted face at the thought.

“I’m not the sort of girl who hops from bed to bed!” she shouted at me.

“I know... I know,” I said softly. “It’s just we have to be sure.”

She nodded at me and let out an understanding sigh.

“I don’t know what I'm supposed to do now,” she whispered. “I can’t get rid of it but I can’t exactly have his baby either, can I?”

I waited a while before answering. She needs me to give her a good answer; one that doesn’t involve killing a baby or raising a creep’s child. It needs to be an answer that’ll give her a chance to make her own decision. Forget about Mr. Baker. Think about Beth and the baby; they’re the ones that matter.

“This is going to be pretty hard for you,” I sighed. “You need to think about what you can cope with; I mean you’re still at school. Do you think you can look after a baby?” I asked her. “If it wasn't his could you do it?”

“With help,” she told me. “I don’t want to be a underage single mum who has to give up her education and sacrifice everything for a kid. I need someone there to help.”

“Would your parents?” I asked her.

Right then she started crying again; she’s probably barely thought about how her parents will react; she’s been raped! They’ll want the police and a big investigation; who wouldn't? I know how important all of that stuff is but when it happened to me I just wanted to stay quiet and forget about it. With Beth it probably won’t do much good for her and the baby if she decides to keep it.

“I can’t tell them,” she cried.

“Look they’ll understand,” I told her. “It’s not like you’ve been having sex and got pregnant for being stupid. It’s because you’ve been raped,” I explained to her.

“If I tell them it’ll become a really big deal,” she sniffed. She then paused for a moment and pulled a face that made me think she was regretting telling me. “Please don’t tell anyone sir,” she begged. “I don’t want people knowing.”

“Okay,” I whispered seeing as I wasn't sure if I’d be able to promise her that or not.

“Do you want the baby?” I asked her.

“I don’t know.”

“No matter what your parents are bound to want to help. They’ll be its grandparents remember, and you’re friends will always be there for you.”

“I know,” she sighed. “But it’ll still be his.”

“That’s something you won’t be able to change,” I sighed. “You’ve got a pretty tough decision to make,” I explained.

“I know,” she whispered. “But what if I make the wrong choice?”

“You won’t make the wrong one, I promise you that. it might be a choice that you regret but it won’t be wrong,” I told her believing each word that I said. “You know, it might be easier to choose if you talk to you mum or dad about it, or maybe even a good friend.”

“I was meant to tell a friend today actually,” she laughed. “But he left before I had the chance,” she smiled.

Instantly I knew who she was on about; it was Zack. She wanted to tell him! Maybe it would be easier for her if she knew more about him; would that help or would I just be intervening?

In the end I decided that if Zacky wanted to tell her something about him he would and he probably wouldn’t want me telling her for him.

“I think you should have a little talk with him about it and if you need any more help or anything you can just come back and see me,” I told her.

“Okay,” she whispered as I stood up to let her out of my room. “Wait Sir,” she exclaimed. “Who were you talking to before?”

“That’s private,” I laughed as she walked out of my room. “Good luck Beth.”

“Thanks.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is kind of short but i got a lot of beautiful comments on the last chapter so i decided i'll let you know who's in there...
I don't think anyone thought it was Beth. A few comments said Mr Baker, Mr. Walker, Zack's dad or Zan and it ended up being Beth...

Thanks to: graggyaustin for telling me about the capitalization rule thing

Thanks to:
Moosey
Danny Worsnop
Heaven Help Us
HeartShapedLocket
sunnygirl96 (new commenter) x4 xD
HayItsAlliee
flutterby13
rossakamfzb
For commenting :)

Oh and don't forget to read this ---------------> http://stories.mibba.com/read/291718/Its-time-to-forget-but-Ill-always-remember/