Sequel: Next Level
Status: Completed :) Wow....

Have We Gone Too Far?

Chapter 44

When we were inside the club I had a feeling of accomplishment; the same one I get each time I'm let into a club I'm actually too young to be allowed to go into.

The whole room was wild already. Random drunk people scattered all around the room, some already collapsed from how much they’d had. From experience I was now easily able to work out which guys in here weren’t trust worthy or safe. Some of them I actually recognized from other places; I hoped they’d forgotten about me.

I use to be one of the ones who’d get incredibly drunk, high and then harass anyone I wanted to before going home with any stranger who was willing to take me. Something like that happened that night when Mr. Baker attacked me.

This man, Derek I think his name was, he was a drug dealer and he sort of said he’d watch my back, seeing as I was obviously younger than everyone else there. He’d buy my drinks for me and he gave me free drugs as well as protection from anyone who was likely to mess with me. But later that night he wanted me to pay him back and well, I didn’t want to. He wanted sex and I wasn't willing to give that to him, the thing is, if I was a little drunker, I probably would’ve.

“You alright?” I heard Beth shout to me over the buzzing music.

I nodded over to her as she grabbed my hand and pulled me over to a table in one of the corners of the building.

Her question, as simple as it was, wouldn't stop echoing through my mind. Am I alright? This is the first time I’ve been to a club since then and I know as a fact that Derek’s bound to be here somewhere. Maybe I shouldn’t have come after all.

Looking around the room I decided that I was probably safe for now. As long as I'm hidden behind someone and with the guys, they won’t even look over here; never mind recognize me.

“Are you going to go babe hunting?” Jay shouted over to Kyle as we sat down.

“I'm with Miranda,” he hissed back at him.

Great, Kyle’s going to be all stroppy now if he seriously thinks him and her are still together. I mean she’s probably found someone else already. She’s bound to be with him now doing God knows what. What a slut.

“Do you want to dance?” Beth asked me.

I nodded and sighed a little before going off with her to the dance floor. As we walked off Kyle called over to us.

“What do you want to drink?” he shouted over to us.

Kyle is always the one who we send to get the drinks. He looks older than the rest of us and he often borrows his dad’s ID. We told him what we wanted, then he asked the others and made his way through the crowd over to the bar.

“Should we tell them tonight?” Beth asked me, shouting slightly over the music, but not loud enough for people around us to hear clearly.

“Well, we’ll have to do it eventually,” I sighed.

“If you want, I won’t mention the dad unless they ask about it.”

“No. Just tell them,” I shouted. “It’ll probably be easier that way,” I told her. “Oh and why are you getting an alcoholic drink? You’re pregnant!

“Don't worry,” she laughed. “I'm not going to drink it, I just don’t want people asking why I'm not having anything,” she smiled at me.

That calmed me down quite a bit; at least I know she’s not trying to hurt her baby. Everyone knows that you shouldn’t drink when you're pregnant... even me!

Kyle came over to us with our drinks and passed them over, he tried to walk away from us but Beth grabbed onto him.

“You are going to have fun tonight,” she shouted at him. “So stay here and dance with us. Or find someone to help you get over Miranda.”

“Me and Miranda are still together,” he moaned.

“Trust me!” she yelled. “You two are over.”

The way she said that made her sound really mean. I knew she wasn’t trying to be, she just wanted to get her point across but I'm sure Kyle isn't going to take that too well. I know he doesn’t really like Miranda; he just doesn’t like the idea of being dumped by her.

“Look Beth,” he shouted to us. “I’d rather you just stay out of it and let me work this out, okay?”

“No, it’s not okay, because as a friend I don’t want you wasting time on her,” she said but I knew Kyle had no chance of hearing that. I could only just catch it and I'm standing right next to her.

“What?” he gawked back at us, looking more confused than usual. I love being right.

She shook her head at him and gestured towards the table with her hands. As we walked back over I recognized someone. He was wearing a long dark jacket, most likely stuffed with drugs, and he had a swarm of people around him. I knew he wasn't dealing at the minute because he never does it with so many people at once; it attracts attention. Derek usually asks people who are alone if they want anything, but if anyone comes to him for them they’d have to go somewhere private for the exchange. Derek doesn’t take chances, and he always gets what he wants. He doesn’t often resort to violence but that’s because he doesn’t need to; when he does, however, his opponent has no chance. The only person who’s ever got on the wrong side of him and not been punished for it is me.

I tried pushing Kyle and Beth a little to make them hurry up; knowing I had to be hidden at all times. But then his eyes met mine and I knew he recognized me. A smile spread across his face.

“Hurry guys,” I shouted to them nervously.

When we were back at the table I couldn’t see Derek anymore. Half of me calmed down then, but another part was still petrified because now I don’t have a clue where he is... He could be anywhere.

Beth and Kyle started talking in the corner to each other, most likely about Miranda and things like that. Ellie and Jay had just stopped eating each other’s faces as I sat down, which I was grateful for. Even though I know Ellie and Kyle are over, it still annoys me that she’s got away with it scot-free.

I noticed they were both staring at me, looking a little worried, which I supposed they should be. I probably look a state right now. Alcohol and fear for my life... great combination.

“What’s up?” Jay asked me, laughing a little as he brought a glass to his lips. “You look a little shaky,” he told me.

“He does, doesn’t he?” Ellie added as she took hold of my hand. “Are you alright?”

I nodded my head at her and pulled my hand from her grip. After the whole Kyle thing I know that she can be a bit different when she’s had something to drink and I'm not too keen on being any part of that.

“Do you want some fresh air?” Jay asked me, looking concerned.

“No,” I shouted over the music to him. “I’ll be fine.”

“Right, well, me and Ellie are gonna go dance so, see you later,” he smiled as they got up.

He let Ellie lead the way and I could tell he was checking her out. She was wearing a pretty tight revealing dress though, so I can’t really blame him. The only person I can blame is her and possibly Kyle, I sighed as I saw his eyes glued onto her; looks like someone isn't over their little fling.

My heart raced as I noticed Derek over where Ellie and Jay were talking, obviously offering them something. God I hope he doesn’t know they’re with me. After a while it looked like they were having a normal conversation together, like they had known each other for years. Derek didn’t even go into his pockets; I don’t know if that’s a good or a bad thing.

“Who’s that?” Beth asked as she came up and sat beside me. She probably noticed me on my own and decided to keep me company.

“No idea,” I muttered hoping she heard me.

“Oh,” she giggled, but then turned very serious. “Do you think we should tell everyone when those two get back over here?” she asked, holding onto my hand.

“Erm, sure,” I told her, with my eyes still on Derek. I needed to make sure he didn’t do anything to Jay and Ellie.

Beth followed my stare and realized who I was looking at straight away. Well, she was close enough. She thought I was watching Jay stumbling around like a drunken fool. God he was drunk! When did he even manage to get that much?

“Kyle!” Beth shouted. When he didn’t respond she chucked an empty glass towards him. Not exactly a safe way of getting someone’s attention, but I have to admit it was effective.

“What the... What Beth?” he said as he came over and sat down closer to us. He looked a little shocked from the glass attacking him but you know, he’ll get over it.

“How much has Jay had?” she hissed.

“I've only been up a few times for him,” he muttered. “But that dude they’re talking to gave him a few shots earlier. He seems pretty cool,” Kyle smiled, looking over at Derek and giving him a look of approval.

“A few?” Beth questioned.

My concern wasn't the same as Beth’s. She was bothered about how much he’d had; I was bothered about who was giving them him. Crap, what if he wants something in return. Right, plan; keep Jay away from that guy... and Ellie, of course.

“Well, probably more than a few but he’s only having fun,” Kyle said like it was nothing.

“Kyle,” I hissed grabbing onto him a little. “That guy he’s with is dangerous. You’ve got to get them to come back over here.”

“Wow, calm down,” he chuckled. Why doesn’t he take me seriously? “I think the alcohol’s getting to Zack’s head and making him all crazy on us, Beth.”

“Knowing Zack; that’s probably true.” They both laughed. Why don’t they listen?

Oh crap; they’re coming over. Not just Jake and Ellie though, Derek’s with them too. This can’t be good.

“Guys this is Derek,” Ellie said as she approached the table and sat down with Derek and a smashed Jay. “Derek, this is Kyle, Beth and-”

“Zack,” he smiled, looking directly at me.

“You know each-”

“We’ve met,” he grinned after interrupting Ellie again.

I stared down at the table, knowing that his eyes were still on me. It felt like I was trapped; like I had no chance of getting out. At least he seems fairly sober; maybe he won’t do anything stupid.

“I've got an announcement to make everyone,” Beth shouted and stood up. I knew exactly what she was going to say, but now that he’s here, I'm not sure if I want her to say it. “Guys,” she smiled. “I'm pregnant.”

Everyone put on a shocked face, not all of them good ones. Derek was the first to start clapping even though he didn’t even know her.

“Congratulations?” Ellie said, but more as a question really, which was understandable seeing as not many fifteen year olds want to have a baby.

When Beth nodded everyone else joined in with the clapping.

“Who’s the dad?” Kyle asked, seeming really interested now.

“It’s... erm,” she smiled and then pointed at me. “It’s Zack’s.”

Everyone looked even more shocked then, so I tried to smile at them to let them know it was true, but I couldn’t. I looked down at my legs under the table; probably not the most encouraging thing I could’ve done.

“Zack’s the dad,” she smiled as she took hold of my hand before nagging me to stand up and show her some support, no one else noticed that though.

“It’s s’not Zack’s!” Jay shouted looking really mad in his drunken state.

We all looked at him, confused.

“Er, yes it is Jay,” Beth said, looking nervous. There was no way he knew who’s it was though. No chance!

“Zack wouldn't get you pregnant!” he shouted, slurring his words a little.

I felt Derek’s eyes on me again, I'm sure other peoples were too, but his made me feel really uncomfortable so I noticed them more. Derek looked pretty happy that he’d found me in this kind of situation.

“Come on Jay, you need some air,” I said moving closer to him to tried and take him out the room.

“No! Wait a sec!” he screeched. “Gay guys don’t get girls pregnant,” he shouted. “I know I'm a little drunk, but I'm sure they don’t.”

When he said that I could feel myself tearing up a little; did the others hear him? I turned to look and when I saw their faces I knew they did. Stupid Jake! I trusted him. I can’t bloody believe this. A sudden urge to hit him came over me but I knew that’d only make things worse.

“You’re gay?” Beth questioned.

It’s all out now, I might as well admit to it. So, I nodded slightly getting a few gasps in return. I can’t believe this is happening. Derek seemed to be the only one who wasn't shocked but I don’t know why; I can’t remember telling him I was gay.

“That’s sick,” Ellie screamed, wiping her hand on the table as if I’d given her germs. What’s with that? Seriously!

“You’ve seen me naked!” Kyle shouted sounding disgusted. “You frigging pervert!” he yelled at me.

I could feel the tears running down my cheeks; why haven’t I run off yet? I shouldn’t stay here and take all of this. It felt like my heart was breaking; like my insides were falling apart and I could do nothing about it.

“So,” Jay slurred. “Who’s the daddy?”

Beth shook her head at him and Ellie pulled him away from me, sitting him back down on the chair. Jake’s known for ages, dumb blonde! Why does she think I'm some kind of disease? She’s known me for years and now... this.

“Why didn’t you tell me Zack?” Beth said, looking like she was about to cry. “I thought we could trust each other,” she yelled at me.

“We can,” I whimpered, hoping she was good at lip reading.

“Go run home crying to mamma, gay boy!” Ellie yelled at me.

These guys were meant to be my friends. I shook my head at them I started properly crying. Man this is embarrassing. I tried wiping my eyes but each tear I got rid of was replaced with more and more. I felt like such a mess, as if I was on the bridge of a breakdown. It wasn't just my eyes running now, my nose was dripping gunk everywhere. I look a bloody mess now. Like a complete idiot and I hate myself for it. What’s wrong with me?

“You should probably go Zack,” Beth mimed to me. I nodded lightly, knowing that I needed to get away. I turned my back on them and walked towards the exit, listening to their repulsed remarks and occasional laugh at how pathetic I am. As I left I received so many sick looks that it was making me feel even worse than I ever felt possible. I was so embarrassed; so scared; so upset. After everything we’ve been through; they react like that.

So much for friendship.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really really proud of this update. I've worked really hard on this one and read through it a few times so I'll be really annoyed if I've made mistakes. This was one of the chapters that i thought about even before i started this so I'm really happy that i actually managed to write it and in my opinion at least, write it well. I edited parts of this a few times and now That I'm about to update i think I'm going to edit a little more...

Right I'm done editing now. Oh and i said really a lot in the bit above xD I really did... I shall stop saying really now because it's really annoying me. STOPS!

Thanks to
HayleighNicole (new commenter)
Kelsey Sixx (new commenter)
Danny Worsnop
HayItsAlliee
SillySunny
For commenting.

I love all of my readers, subscribers and commenter's (awww) Have a cookie
-gives anyone who still reads my long author's notes at this point a cookie-

Check out some of my collabs:
http://stories.mibba.com/read/291718/Its-Time-To-Forget-But-Ill-Always-Remember/

http://stories.mibba.com/read/290006/To-Kill-A-Vampire/