Sequel: Next Level
Status: Completed :) Wow....

Have We Gone Too Far?

Chapter 55

I need to get out of here, I though as I tried my best to stay as warm as possible. I'm freezing though and I only have a flimsy pair of jeans on. Will I even survive a whole night out here? I sincerely doubt that.

The only thing I could think of doing now was attempting to scream for help, someone might come and get me out of here, but that might also bring me more trouble.

Why did he leave me here? He could have left me someone nice; somewhere safe, somewhere that I knew. But no, he had to leave me in an alleyway in God knows where didn’t he. I hate him for doing this to me! I bloody hate him! He had to be like that though. It’s not fair. Why wasn't I brought into a nice, kind, loving family? How come I didn’t get parents who loved me? I had to be stuck with them.

If I just sit here I’ll never get out. I know it may not be any safer out there but at least I’ll be able to see with the street lights. To be honest I’d rather be outside of this alleyway for other reasons to, like in case some stranger finds me in here. He could do anything and I wouldn't be able to stop him. He could kill me! Ever since that night when Mr. Baker raped me, I’ve had a fear of alleyways, and right now I'm in one. Perfect!

I took a deep breath and wiped away my tears. You can do this Zack. Just have a little bit of faith in yourself. Right, I need a plan. Firstly, a good place to start if you ask me would be getting out of this alleyway. I'm sure if you stay in the dark long enough your eyes start to adjust. Let’s just pray that that’s true.

In silence I stared at the wall opposite from where I was sitting. I had no idea what I was sitting on but I knew that if I did know I’d just wish that I didn’t. Some things are best kept unknown. A few minutes later I could see things a little clearer. It wasn't much better but I could tell what was on the floor around me, which was an improvement of some sort, right?

A massive grin spread across my face when I noticed something on the ground. Yes! He dropped it! I can’t believe he actually dropped it! My dad left his lighter! I might actually be able to have some light! I might be able to see again.

Quickly I crawled over and picked it up and starting fumbling with it until it lit up. I cussed when the flame burnt against my skin, but that’s what you get for holding a lighter upside down when you try and light it in the dark, isn't it?

The pain quickly faded and I stood up and just looked around for a moment. I still couldn’t see far ahead of me but this was definitely better than what my eyes managed to do from just staring at a wall for a few minutes.

I took my time as I walked straight on, doing my best not to trip on anything. I knew there wasn't much in the way seeing as dad managed to drag me in here with ease but I'm a little scared of the dark now. Mainly because you never know who else is around when you can’t see a single thing around you. It’s creepy.

I heard voices from someone in the alleyway and I just froze. I probably should have ran as fast as I could to get out really but I was too scared to even attempt to get anywhere near the exit.

As the noise got closer I realized that it was only one person, which made me feel slightly safer. I have a better chance if it’s someone all alone. I may not have the advantage but I will do better that way. If I had to face a whole gang I’d have no chance.

It wasn't until the man walked into me that I remembered I was just standing in the middle of an alleyway, most likely blocking the way for anyone who walked past.

“Sorry,” he mumbled looking up at me. “Are you alright?” he asked me, realizing what a state I’m in.

I know this guy is a complete stranger but he seemed nice, kind of. I suppose he could just be acting nice to give me a false feeling of safety though. Right now I don’t have much choice though; maybe he’ll help me get out of this alleyway. He could help me.

“Not really,” I sniffed.

He probably thought I was some kind of male prostitute who had been abused by one of his clients and then just left in a gutter for dead or something. How many people do you find topless in alleyways who aren’t actually hookers? I bet he thinks that I'm filth.

“What happened to you?” he asked me, raising his nose at me a little.

If he thinks he’s so much better than me, then why is he in a place like this so late at night, ay? Answer that Mr. Better Than Everyone Else. Okay, maybe I'm being a little harsh. I don’t even know the guy and he seems to be giving me a chance so why don’t I do the same for him?

“My d-dad d-dumped me here,” I told him nervously, barely believing my own words. I honestly just can’t believe that this has happened.

“Right,” he sighed as he took hold of my hand and started walking the way I was trying to go before I heard those voices earlier. It wasn't long until we were out in the open again and I instantly felt better there. It was colder, yes, but I could see for now.

“Thanks,” I whispered awkwardly as he dropped my hand.

I looked up at him and smiled awkwardly. I won’t lie, he was pretty good looking but he seemed like a really nice guy. He didn’t look rough r like the sort of person who’d want to hurt me, so I felt a little safer around him now that I could actually see him.

“You’re going to freeze if you try to live on the streets around here,” he told me, looking a little worried for my safety. “How old are you?” he asked me.

Should I lie? There’s no point really. I might as well just tell him the truth.

“Fifteen,” I told him.

The man let out a sigh and shook his head.

“A kid your age shouldn’t be around here,” he explained to me. “It’s not safe.”

“I know,” I whispered, not knowing what else to say really.

“Look, how about I call you a cab and you go and stay at a friend’s house?” he said to me.

A massive grin spread across my face at the mere thought of not being stuck here. This man was being so kind to me. It was amazing. He didn’t even know me and he was being nicer than a lot of people I know are to me.

“Thank you,” I told him trying to look as grateful as I possibly could.

“You can take this as well,” he said as he took off his jacket. “You’ll get some odd looks going around topless, plus you might send some people the wrong idea.”

I blushed when he said that, then thanked him again. Part of me felt like he was treating me like some kind of charity but the other part just felt like he was a really nice guy who just wanted to help someone out.

He called the taxi for me and waited at my side until it turned up, which was really kind of him. He wanted to keep me as safe as he could and I really appreciate that.

“I'm Brad by the way, not that we’re likely to see each other again,” he told me.

“Zack,” I smiled at him and shook his hand.

The taxi pulled over at the side of the road and I got in. The man gave me an odd look, most likely because of my age and how late at night I was out, but I did my best to ignore it.

“So where am I taking you?” he asked.

Oh great... I have no idea. The first person that came into my head was Cole but for some reason I didn’t want to stay with him right now. It was weird but I desperately wanted to go and spent some time with Zander at Liza’s house. I feel like I haven’t been with people my own age and felt comfortable with them in so long and I know that with them they’ll make sure that I fit in.

I need to speak to Zan as well, about Mr. Baker and what he saw him doing to me at the hospital. He’ll probably be more comfortable hearing about that at his home rather than in some school that he barely knows his way around. Plus Liza’s mum knows about what’s going on with my dad so she’s likely to take me in, even if it’s just for a night or two.

Brad left once I’d given the driver Liza’s address and after he’d paid for me. I didn’t like the idea of him paying for me but I didn’t have the money myself so I couldn’t tell him that I’d do it.

It was a long and awkward car ride and the driver didn’t speak to me once, not that I found that a bad thing. Sometimes it’s better to not have to go through a long pointless conversation that you’re bound to forget about as soon as you leave the car.

“Here we are,” he sighed as he pulled up outside of their house.

This is it... Wish me luck.

I watched as the car drove away before walking up the driveway to their front door and gently knocking on it. They’re bound to be asleep. Crap what if no one answers? Or even worse if they answer and get extremely angry with me for waking them up. Maybe this was a bad idea.

“Hello,” Liza’s mum said as she answered the door.

She was still in her normal clothes even though it must be around one or two in the morning now. I wonder why she’s up so late/early, whichever you want to call it.

“What are you doing here Zack?” she asked me softly, noticing my tear stained face most likely.

“My d-dad kicked me out,” I whispered to her. “I was wondering if, I could please stay here for tonight. I swear I wouldn't ask if I wasn't desperate and I’ll do whatever you want me to in return,” I told her. “It’s just I have nowhere else to go.”

She looked at me for a moment and sighed.

“Come on in sweetie,” she said softly as she pulled me into a hug. “Everything’s going to be okay.”

I don’t know what it was but before she hugged me all I wanted to do was cry. Brad had been so nice to me and I’d just been left by my family, now Liza’s mum is being so kind to me. It’s too much. Before the hug I was able to control all of my emotions but now I'm crying like a little baby.

“It’s all going to be okay,” she whispered as she stroked the back of my head supportively.

You can’t even imagine how much I hope that she’s right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guys! :)

This is a shorter update compared to the last one anyway, but don't worry because tomorrow there's going to be one that's almost as long as the one i did for chapter 50. It wasn't long on purpose though, it just kind of happened.

Right so guys I made the killing Mr. Baker contest official and I'd love it if you guys are willing to kill him xD Here's a link to the contest. If you want any motivation or anything I'd recommend going back and reading some of those chapters with EVIL Mr. Baker. Mwhahahaha. I can't remember if I told you this but I wasn't going to make him evil xD it just happened...

Anyway!
Thanks to
the dream.
Kade Halloway.
Moosey
Naoko
Mutt I-950
HeartShapedLocket
Hopeless-Romantic94
Danny Worsnop
SillySunny
For commenting!
Lots and lots of comments YEY!

Oh Oh Oh! Nearly forgot. The next chapter's in Zan's Point of View! hehe