Sequel: Next Level
Status: Completed :) Wow....

Have We Gone Too Far?

Chapter 67 (Zack's Dad (Ian's)Point Of View)

Silence. That’s all I get now, excluding the odd phone call that I tend to just ignore, leaving it to echo through the house. Ring, ring. Ring, ring... After a while it starts to drive you crazy; it makes you want to get out of your own head and make a run for it; I can’t do that though. I’ve made mistakes and I will have to face up to them; I need to straighten things out.

I found out earlier that Vicci, my soon to be ex wife, is settling in great with her new boyfriend; her secret lover. I was obviously very pleased with that news. I wanted her to be left with nothing when I kicked her out; I needed her to be so ashamed that she wouldn't even resort to getting in contact with her parents. That was far too much to ask for though; I’d forgotten about the other man.

After all I’ve done for her I just can’t believe that she’d cheat on me. I sacrificed the love of my only son for her! Then she left me. We were perfect together; everyone thought that! Why would she do this to me?

She’s pregnant as well at the moment but she’s already told me it’s not mine. At first I had no idea how it could be anyone else’s but I was soon able to work it out; an affair. At some stages I even thought she was lying. It had to be mine! But if it wasn't, I was planning on making sure that no one else would be able to be the father. If I can’t be then no one can be.

Fortunately for her, my heart is warm enough to leave those thoughts behind and start afresh. She can keep her fancy man and her baby; I don’t care anymore.

Knowing Vicci the way that I do, I can be certain that she won’t want to see me again; she’ll want nothing to do with me or her first born son. In all honesty though, I don’t think he’d actually want to see her again anyway, and after my over dramatic way of guaranteeing to him that he’d be safe from me, he won’t want to see me either.

I can’t believe all of the things that I did to him. My own son! How could I hurt him like that? I'm supposed to love him; I do love him. Sometimes kids do need a bit of tough love though, right? It says that in all of the parenting guides...

They didn’t say to hit him though. I wasn't meant to cause him pain. I didn’t know I left marks! I guess I just don’t know my own strength.

When I saw all of the bruising on his body I was shocked and angry with myself at the same time. I did that do him...that’s why I had to get him away from me, before it was too late.

And as if doing those things to him wasn't enough, I had to form an alliance with ‘them’, didn’t I? Why was I so stupid? I knew they’d be trouble and I was certain that once I was involved, there would be no turning back.

That theory was right. When you join them; you can’t leave them. That’s why I'm still here now, being forced into doing whatever they want me to do, because who am I to refuse? I'm no one.

‘They’ are the ones that have been ringing me nonstop for days now; filling me in on their plans and letting me know what jobs I need to do. Since I’ve been ignoring them though, I’ve felt out of the loop, in a good way though. If I don’t know what they’re doing I don’t feel as bad.

They’ll want to talk to me soon; I can feel it. If they think there’s any chance that I’ve ran away they’ll pounce on me. One day soon they’ll be here and they’ll want an explanation.

That knock on the door was all that was able to bring me back into the real world. It was the knock that I’d been expecting for a long while now; I could tell it was them. They’ve been calling and calling for days, but I just don’t want to hear it anymore. I'm sick of them. I'm sick of what they’ve made me do! They’ve ruined my entire family...

Practically in a comatose state, I got up from the chair that I haven’t left in what seems like years, however it’s most likely only been a few days, to answer the door. I already knew who it would be; I mean who else would want to see me?

I staggered over to the door, realizing that I must have had a lot more to drink than I could remember. Hopefully that won’t put me at a disadvantage.

“What?” I shouted opening the door to them.

Maybe I shouldn’t have been so sharp with them, but after everything that done that’s affected my life, I think I might have a right to act this way for them.

“You’ve been ignoring our calls,” Derek stated as he pushed past me and made his way into my home.

For a small guy he is pretty strong. He’d have to be to be in the business that he’s in though, wouldn’t he? He’d be took advantage of so often that he’d never make money if he wasn't. I saw the state that he left my son in, and heard about what he did to that girl...

“Any excuses?” Frank asked as he walked in, not using as much force as Derek insisted upon though.

“Yes actually-”

“Too bad we don’t have time to hear them,” Derek butted in, most likely with his signature grin plastered across his face. I knew he’d have that look even though I couldn’t see him as he’d already taken up residence in my living room. Make yourself at home why don’t you!

“Sanders has ratted us out,” Frank told me, looking a little fed up.

I nodded my head at him before letting it drop down to look at the ground. Part of me was relieved that Zack might end up being safer because of this. I mean if Mr. Baker has the police after him, he won’t be making any of his appearances will he? But I was also more nervous than before because I knew that this meant we’d have to step our game up. We’d have to end it.

It’s time...

“You know what this means, right?” he asked.

“Time for plan b?” I asked him, fully aware of what was going to happen next. We’ve discussed this many times.

He nodded before walking into my living room and seating himself besides Derek. God I hate them. Derek’s the worst for me, but Frank is obviously the mastermind behind all of this; there’s no doubting that.

“We need to finish this,” Frank told us. “Do you two remember what the first stage is?”

We both nodded; how could we forget about that?

“Right then,” he smiled.

“So we’re getting rid of Cole?” Derek questioned, although I'm sure he already knows the answer to that. I haven’t been around in a while and I'm certain that he’s right.

“He’s not getting away with what he’s done!” Frank hissed with anger spiralling through his voice. “He. Will. Pay.”

I can’t argue with that can I? I have no right to for one. After what Cole did! No one can try and tell Frank otherwise.

“I know,” Derek muttered. “Sorry. I just wanted to make sure.”

Frank turned his head from us but nodded either way. I love it when one of those two is in trouble with the other; it makes me feel a little more comfortable when I know all of their hate isn't being directed at me.

“Then stage two, we’ll get your lad involved,” Derek grinned. God I wish I could slap that smirk off his face.

“That’s the plan,” Frank added, turning back to face us,

Obliviously I shook my head at him, secretly thinking that there’s no chance in hell that we’re going to put Zack through anything else.

“What?” he asked, looking slightly shock as well as concerned.

My eyes widened as I realized what I’d done. I'm so in for it now! I might as well stand my ground though, seeing as I’ll get in trouble anyway.

“He’s my son,” I hissed at them.

“Well that’s never bothered you before,” Derek mumbled. “You wanted him involved with this.”

That was partly true. A while ago Derek told me that Zack had been getting drugs from him and spending a lot of time with people he shouldn’t associate with; Derek being one of them. I told him to just rough him up a bit, you know, it might’ve made him stop. To be honest I have no idea if that worked though.

Vicci and I took over once we were certain about all of the drugs, as well as his general bad behavior, and we tried beating it out of him. He used to treat us that way and it was just our attempt at getting him back for all he’s done. It was wrong, yes, but we generally thought we were helping him.

“If you didn’t want us to do anything to Zack you shouldn’t have mentioned him,” Frank hissed, putting his head into his hands and letting out a deep grown. “I’ve got him on the edge already,” he muttered. “He’ll be a nervous wreck for a while now...”

I nodded my head, knowing that I should’ve done something earlier. Neither of them two really care about my opinion but they don’t seem to be taking the fact that I don’t want them to do anything to him too badly. Nowhere near as badly as I’d expected.

“It’s too late now though,” Derek grinned.

I turned to face Frank; his decision is always final.

“Derek’s right,” he sighed, not giving me eye contact.

I felt like getting up and pouncing on both of them; hurting them in as many ways as possible, but I soon noticed what Derek had in his pocket and knew how stupid and risky it would be for me to do something like that.

He was fingering the handle of it which was just sticking out of the side of his tatty jeans. It didn’t take a genius to work out what it was; a gun. Even from just seeing that small part of it it was noticeably a gun. Maybe I should try and stay in line for the rest of our ‘chat’.

“We can’t change the plan now and we’ve already brought Zack into all of this,” Frank explained to me, but I didn’t pay too close attention. I was more focused on the weapon that Derek was poorly hiding.

To be honest I wasn't too sure what Frank had against Zack. There was one time when I allowed him to do something to him but I had no choice. If I didn’t things could’ve been a lot worse. What does Frank have against Zack? I mean, he defends him at times, taking my side, but why? He wants him to suffer for some reason and I just want to know what that is.

“Derek, you alright heading back?” Frank asked him. “I think I’ll stay here for the night; my house probably won’t be safe.”

“Police?” Derek asked. Well no!

Frank nodded at him before Derek stood up and made his way to the exit. He can show himself out.

“You’re staying here?”I asked more than stated. I didn’t really want him in my house, but now that Derek’s gone we might actually be able to talk, without risking getting shot at least.

“That’s the plan,” he smiled at me. “You don’t mind do you?”

Yes, yes I do actually.

“Not at all,” I said, lying through my own bloody teeth.

“Good,” he said, jumping to his feet and going into my kitchen, helping himself to a can of larger. “I really need this today,” he told me.

I remained silent.

“So...” he started. “How’ve you been?”

I shook my head at him. He knows full damn well how I’ve been and it’s all his bloody fault.

“You know what?” I hissed. “I don’t like you. I don’t want you in my house. And quite frankly, I wouldn't care if you dropped down dead,” I snarled at him. Maybe I shouldn’t have said that but I don’t see why I have to keep every to myself. He has I right to know, doesn’t he?

“Oh,” was all he said.

“But seeing as I don’t have a say anymore; I have to put up with all this crap. So if you’re going to stay here; one; you won’t speak to me. And two; you’ll stay out of my way. Got it?” I asked, liking the way I was taking authority now.

“Understood,” he said looking quite shocked. “Where do you want me to sleep?” he asked, clearly not understanding you won’t speak to me. Thick idiot. Who cares if he’s a teacher? He’s dumb! Kind of...

“Take,” I shouted at him, really irritated. “...Zack’s room,” I sighed, with a lot of hesitation. It’s not as if there’s anywhere else he can go, but to be honest I wouldn't want him anywhere near my son’s room.

“Will do,” he smirked.

I need to hit him!

***

Later that night he stupidly bothered coming downstairs expecting tea. Who does he think I am? It’s not my job to wait over him. If I don’t want to cook I most certainly won’t. And if he doesn’t want to make something himself then he’ll have to go without. I don’t care about the repercussions this might have on me. When I say I'm not doing something; I mean it.

“Feed yourself!” I hissed at him as he started complaining from just outside the living room where I was sitting. I didn’t get a response from that, other than the odd noises in the kitchen anyway.

When he walked back in he was carrying a plate of food. It looks like he can sort himself out after all.

“We need to talk Ian,” he told me.

I turned to face him, most likely pulling a face.

“What’s gotten into you?” he asked me. “Since when do you hate me?”

Has he honestly not worked it out already yet? If he hasn’t I'm not a hundred percent sure if he needs an answer or not.

“Well?” he asked.

After contemplating whether or not I should tell him, I decided to answer.

“You’ve ruined my life,” I snarled.

“And how have I done that?”

Is he seriously asking me this? He’s supposed to be the brains; he’s a bloody teacher and he isn't smart enough to realize what he’s done.

“You made my wife leave,” I hissed. “Not to mention everything you’ve done to Zack-”

“You drove him away yourself!” he interrupted me, looking generally angry. “You made the kid leave; I just scared him a bit. I never hit the guy the way you did.”

My glare tightened on him. He did not just say that! So what I'm a bad bloody parent, he cannot compare the things he’s done to what I have.

“I didn’t hurt him. I just had a bit of fun,” Frank said proudly.

“You freaking petrified him! And you did hurt him. You hurt my boy!”

Frank shook his head at me. At least I’ll admit what I’ve done wrong. If only he had the balls to do it as well.

“Why?” I whispered.

“Why what?” he muttered.

“Why Zack? What’s he done to make you do this to him?” I asked.

I know he has a lot against Cole and my son if apparently with this Cole guy, but that isn't a good enough explanation for why he’s harming Zack.

“This’ll sound weird,” he told me.

“I’d be surprised if it didn’t,” I mumbled.

“I really like him,” he sighed. “I shouldn’t, but I do. To be honest I don’t see what’s wrong with what him and I have done; he’s probably done the same with Cole.”
♠ ♠ ♠
REALLY LONG ONE! :)
Ha I've been writing this one all week so I hope you guys like it
Zack's dad's point of view, what do you think? lol

Ermmm, just pointing out that I've changed Derek's age on the character's page. I'm not sure if you really took notice of his age before, but well, I've changed it now so it could fit in with a possible idea i had :) Not too sure how I'm going to do it but it might work.

Thanks to
HushDon'tRush (formally gnomeinahome)
Moosey
Abi; Killjoy
HeartShapedLocket
Danny Worsnop.
Hopeless-Romantic94
rossakamfzb
SillySunny
For commenting :D

I don't think i have as much to say this time so I'll keep it short.

That's it...I think.
Yeah
It is