Status: In progress... Active

The Awaiting

Chapter One

Derek broke away from me gently and sat down on the damp ground, pulling me into his lap. We just sat there in each others' arms not wanting to move for eternity. I listened to the soft thrumming of his heartbeat and sighed.

"What?" He asked with a slight tone of concern.

"Don't move..." I murmured.

He tensed, sensing that I saw something he didn't, or couldn't.

"No Derek," I laughed. "Just don't move, I want to stay here forever."

He relaxed slightly, still staying alert. I smiled and leaned my head on his chest. His arms tightened around me and he leaned his lips closer to my ear.

"Thanks..." He rumbled softly.

I turned my head to face him. There was that look in his eyes again. The same one that knocked me off my feet in Dr. Banks house when he jumped to help me with my spilled water. Only this wasn't a fleeting emotion like then, it stayed.

"Thanks…? For what?" I questioned.

He hesitated and said slowly, "For everything."

I considered that for a minute and said softly, "Your welcome." I smiled at him and he gleamed back.

Derek stood up, helping me up after him. He took my hand and squeezed it.

"We should get back to Simon..." He glanced toward the hotel.

I nodded and we started toward the hotel, our hands still intertwined. This was perfect... Derek was mine, the major threat was gone, and we found Mr. Bae. Almost too perfect but I was going to enjoy every second of it.

We reached the edge of the field and Derek spun me around and kissed me again, tentatively like he still wasn't sure I wanted him. I kissed him back, hard, trying to get my message through.

He broke away and lifted his chin. He sniffed the wind and cussed.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Tori...” He gestured.

Just then Tori busted through the edge of the field and spotted us.

"Mr. Bae wants you guys," She glanced up. "You guys are practically glowing. Frolicking through the daisies, huh? I'm gonna hurl."

I giggled, "Come on, Derek." and pulled him after Tori.

We reached the hotel just in time to see Simon jogging towards us.

"I though Tori got lost, I came out to find all of you." He shrugged and actually looked at Derek and I, seeing that we were holding hands and frowned a little. He noticed I was watching him and his frown was pushed away with a crooked smile both him and his dad had.

"Way to go Derek! You got the girl But yeah know... If you ever get bored with her..." He drifted off.

"Shut-up, Simon!!" Derek joked and turned to smile at me. I knew what he was thinking; he wanted me to tell him for sure that I was with him. Even with the slightest touch of doubt he was ready to give me up to Simon. He wanted Simon happy, to be with me if that's what it meant. I didn't want Simon. I knew it would tear Derek apart inside if I left him but he would never say a word.

I locked my eyes with his gaze and said, "I with you!" firmly, meaningfully. I almost saw the
relief flood through him. He relaxed and turned back to Simon, still smiling.

"Aww! I was just kidding!" He said with a laugh. "Now come on, Dad is waiting."

We all walked through the hotel lobby together and down to our rooms. Simon led us to the guys’ room where Mr. Bae and Aunt Lauren were waiting. They both looked at me and Derek suspiciously but quickly covered their faces with meek smiles.

"We have something very important to talk about kids..." Aunt Lauren said. I saw the worry and nervousness cloud her face.

"I've been keeping a secret from Tori and Simon... Actually, all of you." Mr. Bae started.

We all glanced at each other with startled faces.

"Tori..." He nodded in her direction. "Simon... You two are... related."

"They yelled in unison. I didn't know whether to glad or upset for them since I already knew the big secret.

Obviously I was the only one who wasn't totally surprised. Even Derek had a strange look on his face.

Tori looked like she was seriously gonna hurl. Simon was just staring blankly.

"It...it’s our mom right; we have the same mom? It’s not you... It’s our mom. Mrs. Enright was our mom?" Simon stuttered.

"No, Simon. You’re a sorcerer. Tori is both, she has mixed blood." Their dad replied quietly.

"So that's why my mom was freaked out when I told her I like you..." Tori said under her breath.

"So... you... I'm... Related?!"

"Yes, Simon. I'm sorry I—"

"No! Don't be sorry! I can't believe you! Ughh!" Blue fiery sparks crackled on his fingertips.
No one was expecting something like this to happen but they jumped and got out of the line of fire just as quickly. I hit the floor with Derek positioned protectively over me. Mr. Bae grabbed his daughter and Aunt Lauren, throwing them behind the bed.

Simon threw out his hands and giant balls of blue, thundering energy flung through the air, colliding with anything in their path. One flew straight for me and Derek with horrifying speed.

"Derek!!" I screamed as the sparkling energy flew towards us. He ducked to miss but it was too late; he was more concerned with me.

I looked just in time to see the ball smash into Derek and send him flying backward, as surprising as that is, Simon must be really powerful.

Derek hit the floor with a thud and groaned. My heart raced for him. I looked at Simon and he was grinning, not a power-hungry grin but he was obviously pleased with his sudden outburst of power. He looked to where Derek was struggling to get up and a look of terror quickly replaced his smirk. I looked away and ran to Derek.

"Derek? Are you okay?!" I asked, shaking. I knelt down beside him and tried to help him up.

"Yes." He grunted, recovering from the initial shock.

"How the hell, Simon?!" Tori exclaimed. By the looks on their faces, I could tell Mr. Bae and Aunt Lauren were thinking the same thing.

By then Simon had rushed to Derek's side and helped me get him on his feet.

"Are you sure you’re okay?" I asked Derek again. I was still worried about him. Even though he said he was okay, he had to be hurting by the way he gritted his teeth when he replied.

We walked him to the edge of the bed to sit down. The front of his shirt was seared and his beneath was black with ash.

"Aunt Lauren?" I called, staring still at the gaping hole in his shirt. She came to the bedside and begun to check him over.

"Well, no broken bones... Lots of scrapes and bruises though. I don't believe you'll need any healing for that!" She smiled at him. I guess she was out of her earlier stay-away-from-Chloe mood.

"Thanks...” Derek shrugged.

Tori was still staring at Simon with amazement.

"You must be getting better with your spells!" I said eventually.

"Yeah," Tori agreed. "That kids a truck! It would take a lot to push Derek over!" Derek glared at her.

"Just sayin'..." she mumbled.

I could see her reasoning, it made sense. Something is going on with Simon.
♠ ♠ ♠
This starts off right after the 3rd book ends so don't get confused. I need a lot of criticism and help. Its gonna be confusing to those who don't and haven't read the books but if you want to edit go ahead. If you read the books and have advice, please say so. If I get out of character and mess up their personality. Let me know too! :)