Behind Every Great Man

Until My Dying Breath

The clock read 1:38 when Patrick entered the house, toeing off his shoes. 1:38 in the morning that is. Dropping his duffel in the foyer, he hung up his coat on the coat hook and stepped into the living room. The house was silent and the only light was coming from the upstairs. Slowly he made his way up the wooden stairs to the source of light emanating from his bathroom. His foot tangling in something on the floor caught his attention. It was small and black, and very soft. Picking it up he noticed that it was a dress. The dress; his favorite dress. That’s strange, he thought. She dropped her dress on the middle of the floor.

Looking back down on the floor, he noticed something else. A pair of white panties laying on the floor and a bra lying beside it, leading a promiscuous trail to the bathroom. This could either mean one of two things, he thought. Either she is with another man, or she is not. A mischievous smirk spread itself across his mouth. The door to the bathroom was slightly ajar, and he noticed the smell of vanilla permeating his senses. Stepping closer to the bathroom, he pushed the door open with his index finger. It seemed as if all the blood in his body rushed to the most sensitive parts of his anatomy. She was about neck deep in large frothy bubbles, which threatened to overflow from the marble bathtub. A few candles lit the bathroom up in a delicious glow, while rose petals littered the floor. The only thing she was wearing was a surprised expression and a dazzling smile.

“Hello Mr. Kane,” She greeted in a sultry voice, making his knees wobble.

“Hello yourself, Mrs. Kane,” He spoke as she giggled sending shivers up his spine. “Am I interrupting something?” He asked cocking an eyebrow in her direction.

“Well my lover was just leaving after a raunchy romantic night, I didn’t know you would be home so late. He’s probably half way down the fire escape.” She smiled fingering a blonde strand of hair between her perfectly manicured fingernails.

“We don’t have a fire escape,” Patrick concluded taking a giant stride towards the bathtub.

“Oh, well then he’s in for a rude awakening,” She joked as Patrick began to loosen his tie.

“You’re not funny you know,” Patrick frowned slipping out of his button down shirt.

“Oh you know you’re the only man for me,” She giggled and bit her lip and Patrick’s pants slid down his muscular legs. “Ohh, those are my favorite.” She blushed catching sight of the plaid red boxers she got him for Christmas.

“Are they?” Patrick asked stepping out of his dress pants.

“You know I love you in red,” She smiled. “You know exactly what it does to me.”

“Ha-ha you know my jersey is red, right?”

“Of course, why do you think we do…the things we do after your hockey games?”
Patrick laughed, “You are adorable.” He pulled off his boxers at a tantalizingly slow rate.

“Ow ow ow!” His wife catcalled. “Yeah Mr. Kane, work it!”

“You are obnoxious,” Patrick stated stepping into the hot water of the tub, the bubbles enveloping his tired limbs.

“I thought I was adorable.”

“You’re both.” He said kissing her lips in a slow passionate kiss, as their tongues battled for dominance, and their hands traveled to ungodly parts of each other’s bodies.

***

“Mmm, I love you, Angel.” Patrick said kissing her shoulder as she leaned her back against his chest.

“Likewise, Patty.” His wife replied letting her hands sit on his thighs.

“I'm hungry,” Patrick stated planting a kiss in her hair.

“Me too,”

“Breakfast?” Patrick hopefully asked.

“It’s three in the morning…” Angel laughed tangling her fingers with Patrick’s

“What’s your point?” Patrick asked wrapping his arms around her middle.

“Hey Patty?”

“Hmm?”

“Did you win the game last night?”

“Yes.”

“Good.” She smiled. “Oh and Patty?”

“Yes my love?”

“I'm pregnant.”

*

A loud scream emanated from the house as Patrick opened the door. He chuckled as he
stepped on something hard. Looking down he saw a plastic car, and picked it up heading to the kitchen. The most glorious scent radiated from the kitchen where he saw his beautiful wife was hard at work cooking.

“One more scream, Alice , and you are going to your room!” Angel scolded her daughter who let out a loud shrill.

“But Momma! Noah’s chasin’ me!”

“Nuh uh! Mommy Alice is lying.” The little pointed at his sister in a pout.

The little blonde girl clung to her mother’s legs to hide from her brother. Looking up she noticed her father standing in the doorway observing his family.

“Papa!” She squealed piercing her mother’s eardrums. “Papa home!”

Turning, Angel smiled at her husband, whose duffel bag was still slug over his shoulder.

“Hey princess,” Patrick grinned as his beautiful daughter leaped into his arms. He spun her
around in circles as she girlishly giggled.

“Papa, Momma’s making mashed tomatoes.” Alice informed her father, tugging on his long curls. Arching an eyebrow at his wife, he gave her a questioning look on the meal of choice.

“Potatoes, Alice, not tomatoes.” Her mother chuckled.

“Hi Daddy.” Noah said tugging on his father’s pant leg.

“Hey bud,” He said picking up his spitting image. “How are you?”

“Good, Alice stole my toy car.”

“No I didn’t Papa, Noah’s lying.” His daughter huffed clinging to her father’s neck.

“You mean this toy car?” Patrick asked producing the car from behind his back pocket.

“You found it!” Noah exclaimed kissing his father’s cheek before running off to play with his car.

“Told ‘ya I didn’t takes it Papa,” Alice stated.

“I believed you baby girl.”

“Play ponies with me Papa?” Alice asked looking up at her father with the biggest blue eyes, he simply could not resist.

“I’ll be up in a second, love.” He said placing his little girl on the floor and watching her scurry off to her room. “Where is musketeer numero tres?” Patrick muttered into his wife’s neck as she stood over the hot stove.

“Blake’s sleeping,” She smiled “He had a tough day at school.” Angel said while her husband’s hands traveled up her legs, to rest on her hips.

“He’s in preschool, how can he have a tough day?” Patrick asked making his wife chuckle.

“Leila,” She simply said, speaking of her son’s crush.

“Not her again,” Patrick groaned.

“Let’s eat dinner,” Angel smiled turning in her husbands arms and pecking his lips.

*

After dinner the Kane family settled into their living room to watch Finding Nemo, during which the triplets fell asleep.

“You get Princess; I’ll take care of the boys.” Patrick sighed hoisting both of his sons into his arms carrying them upstairs to their Lightening McQueen themed bedroom. Angel picked up her sleeping daughter taking her to her own room, decorated with the Little Mermaid, and tucked her into her footie pajamas and into bed. After turning off the lights, she rejoined her husband in their bedroom.

“You know, we make some damn cute kids, babe.” Patrick said pulling his shirt over his head.

“Watch your language,” Angel scolded “And yes, we do.”

“We should make more,” Patrick stated slipping off his jeans and putting on his pajama bottoms, choosing not to put a shirt on, knowing his wife would appreciate it.

“Well, way to cut to the chase.” Angel laughed pulling on a nightgown.

“Rawr.” Patrick growled into her neck. “You are one fine Momma”

“Patrick, the kids just fell asleep.” Angel giggled pushing him away making him groan in protest. “Go get the pillows off the bed.” She ordered while she herself went to brush out her hair.

“Hey baby?” Patrick asked from the bed “Do you remember when we met?”

“How could I forget?” Angel laughed pulling her wavy locks into a loose bun. “You chased me for three blocks to give me a purse that wasn’t even mine.”

“I thought it was yours,” Patrick defended crawling under the covers. “It was right by where you were sitting at the restaurant.”

“It was an old lady’s bag.”

“Yeah, well, I wanted to see you.” Patrick smiled his killer smile making his wife’s insides tighten at the image before her.

“You are so cute.”

“I know,” Patrick sighed patting the bed beside him.

“And cocky.” Angel added with a laugh.

“Cock-y huh?”

“And perverted!” Angel exclaimed climbing into bed beside Patrick.

“Yeah, you love it. So what do you think about more babies?” Patrick hopefully asked tracing his finger up and down his wife’s arm as she cuddled into his chest.

“I’ll think about it.” She smiled kissing his neck.

“You are the bestest wife ever.” Patrick paused “You know that right?”

“Oh stop,” Angel yawned pulling the sheets tighter around them.

“No baby, I'm serious.” Patrick said pulling up her face so he could look into her eyes. “I wouldn’t be who I am if it wasn’t for you.”

“What do you mean?” Angel asked arching an eyebrow at him.

“You,” Patrick paused “You, have made me a husband, a father, a great hockey player, because let’s face it, how many times have you made me get out on the ice? I would not have done have the stuff I did if you had not encouraged me. You are my support system, you are an amazing woman, and you have made me a great man.”

“You were always a great man, Patty,” Angel smiled “You didn’t need me for that.”

“I need you like I need oxygen Angel,” Patrick gently kissed her forehead resting his head atop hers. “You are my wife Ang, you are my sole existence; I will love you until my dying breath.”
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry this took so long! hope you love it twinnn<3

if anyone can guess where the last line is from, (its a quote from a movie). Then you get like a billion bonus points :)

Enjoy.