Status: Completed

Stealing Stars

Who's the Girl

“Blake,” I whisper some time later. It’s probably around one now and the sky is so wonderfully picturesque that I want to take a picture of it.

“Chan.” His voice is soft and he takes my wrist and moves it closer to his. We are still sitting on the hood of his Jeep and we are the only two people alive. I feel like I need to ask him about Isabel. I really do. But the words just won’t come out of my mouth. I’m just looking at him and he’s staring back at me like he’s waiting to answer my questions.

Something inside me breaks or maybe the alcohol is still messing with my head but I ask him and I want to know the answer. But chances are I won’t remember it in the morning anyway but I don’t feel drunk just a little buzzed. “Are you in love with Isabel?”

He doesn’t hesitate when he answers, “No, and I never will be.” He takes a sip of his coffee before staring at me.

“Do you like, like her?” Apparently I’ve regressed to the third grade terms of finding out if you have a crush on somebody.

“No, I don’t like her at all Chan.” He’s looking at me with puppy dog eyes but they aren’t sad just real, honest.

“Then why were you making out with her?”

“Why were you making out with Caleb?”

I’m silent. I don’t know how to answer this question. We just look at each other waiting for something to happen but I know it won’t because he’s waiting for me to say something.
“I don’t know Blake. He was just there and… and I felt the need to kiss anyone. I needed to be close to him because… because God, Blake. He was just there, okay? I don’t know why I did it but I did.” I exhale and it feels good to talk because Blake doesn’t interrupt when people talk. At least not usually.

“Exactly. Isabel was close. She likes me for some unknown reason and hey, she was there and I was bored and I couldn’t find the girl I wanted to make out.” He’s still looking at me in the dark and I am now wondering who this girl is.

“Oh.” I’m debating with myself to ask the next question about the girl so I do. “Who’s the girl?”

He looks sort of uncomfortable then he says, “What the hell, you won’t remember this in the morning anyway.”

He does something I never expected from Blake Gunner. He takes my face in his hands and kisses me. Not the desperate kind of kiss like I had with Caleb earlier but a soft, slow kiss that makes my world disappear. I wasn’t in the real world any longer. I was in a new universe where only Blake and I existed.

Somehow we untangle ourselves from the Grey’s Anatomy worthy make-out session we had in the back of the Jeep to go home without missing curfew. While Blake drives us home I watch him as his eyes are intent on the road; he has this lazy, satisfied smile that makes me embarrassed to have seen it.

As we get closer to home my eyes feel heavy, too heavy and I see Blake take is eyes off the road for a split second to smile at me before I close my eyes and pass out, for lack of a better phrase.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my favorite chapter to date = ) Thanks to my 25 subscribers, really it makes me so happy!