Status: Completed

Stealing Stars

Heated Affairs are Never as They Seam

“Finals are coming up.” Katia tells me as she sips her orange juice in homeroom.
I hadn’t completely forgotten but I was hoping that they’d be further away than they were. But with school ending in two weeks I guess I was being unrealistic.

“Uhhh. I am so not looking forward to them.”

“Chandler, who does?” Isabel Stark asks me. But she has this sly smile on her face. She says it as if she is my friend. She isn’t. She will never be. “Oh Chandler, Katia, I’m having a party this weekend after finals. The Philips boys will be there.” She hands us three invitations like she has just thought of inviting us this very second. “One for Lola.”
But she has something up her sleeve.

I take two invitations and thank her without as much sarcasm as I can muster. Katia just takes her invite and turns back around to face the teacher that just walked in.

I give Lola her invite as we sit down at the lunch table. She looks at the hand writing then between Katia and me then begins to laugh. She finally stops laughing and we all turn around when we hear a shrieking laugh coming from the entrance to the cafeteria.

“You have got to be kidding me.” Lola states, “She sounds like a dying cat.”

“That swallowed a basketball.” Katia adds on.

“That is stuck down in a well.” I finish.

“Well, Isabel Stark is a rare breed of moron.” Katia answers Lola’s ‘you’ve got to be kidding me’.

“She invited us to a party. Do you know why she invited us to her party?” Lola simply can’t drop this subject until I answer it.

“She wants Blake there.” I say as I take a bite of my salad.

“In order for Blake to show up on a Friday night you, Chandler Echols have to be there, because you are her ticket to him.” Katia finishes.

“Blake is a big boy. He can show up on his own. I still think it’s because she secretly wishes she were us.” I smile at them.

“Well, we are pretty amazing.” Lola laughs as we make fun at ourselves.

“Lola. Chan. We are so going to that party.” Katia tells us in a playful way that scarily leaves no room for argument.

“But Katia,” I continue. “Whatever shall I wear? Or worse, who will be my date?” I fake the stereotypical party girl routine. Wait, I’m being Isabel.

We spend the remainder of our lunch period making fun of Isabel whom after a while could probably hear us. We laugh pretty loudly.

After school Katia and I study in her living room but somehow we end up way off topic and onto Isabel and her party.

“Isabel Stark is just that demonic bottle blonde that you will eventually find married to a smart computer geek turned billionaire. Then she will have an affair with the attractive foreign pool boy.” Katia bluntly states as she stops reading our history text book.

“Will the billionaire husband know about the heated affair?” I ask as I take a bite of my Rice Krispy Treat. “Will he be so angry once he finds out that he will kill her? Ooh ooh better yet, divorce her?”

“Yes he will. There will be a pre-nup so she can’t steal all his money!” Katia eyes me amusingly as we laugh.

“So about the party… should we act nice or be blatant about our feelings toward the Queen of Evil?”

“Well, we’ll see how it all plays out. It depends if Stark decides to be a bitch. Wait, she is always a bitch. We will just have to rise above it.” Katia, Woman of Wisdom, tells me as we go back to studying in her living room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments per favore : )