Status: Completed

Stealing Stars

I'd better bring my machete

Friday mornings are like the Holy Grail for teenagers. Freedom is so close therefore you can only worship it from afar. My red, plaid uniform skirt is draped casually over my desk chair from last night. My alarm is going off as I’m slowly being dragged awake. It feels as if someone is pulling me out of my dream. Again. After I’m aware and awake and I turn off my alarm; I’ve forgotten my dream.

Dad is sitting at the breakfast table which is a rare sight considering that he is usually still in bed when I leave for school in the mornings. He watches me as I walk in and put my backpack on the ground.

“Have a great last day of junior year Chan.” He smiles until I smile back.

“Thanks Daddy.”

“If I had a time machine I would use it now.” I tell Katia after we finished our finals. We are free. I’m scared for my last summer while still being in high school.

“Finals are crap.” She sympathizes with me as we walk to find Lola.

I nod in agreement like there is no tomorrow. We find Lola sitting on a desk in the Computer Lab with her blonde hair spilled oh so gracefully over the desk and some freshman sitting in front of her. Katia and I exchange confused glances because we hardly ever see Lola in a tizzy, fake or real it is almost unheard of.

“Lola.” I reach over to shake her shoulder as Katia gives the scared but now fascinated freshman the look of doom. I wait for the freshman to leave the room before I go any further in conversation.

“Lola, are you going to tell us what’s wrong?” I try to ease it out of her. Katia and I learned a long time ago that asking Lola the standard, “Are you alright?” question will get you a hard stare, a string of curse words and a swift kick in the ass thrown your way.

“That bitch is being so fucking bitchy!” Lola enunciates every word.

“Well, that’s what bitches are known for Lo, being bitchy.” Katia says.

Lola throws her a glance so sinister that it would make a terrorist apologize. Katia hardly looks bothered but still, she whispers an apology. So Lola continues the melodrama which is her life.

“Which bitch are we talking about here?” I ask Lola.

“The queen bitch herself.” Lola drawls as if she has had one too many shots of tequila.

“Lola, it’s Isabel. We all know that she is a bitch. But what did she do this time?”

“And is her offense punishable?” Katia smiles between Lola and me.

Lola gets a shiny look in her eyes and I feel as if Katia and I might have started a war without the proper weapons.

“But back to the subject”, I tell them. “Lo, what exactly did she do?”

Lola takes a deep breathe before she begins. “I know that we all already know this but that bitch gets to me every time.” Katia and I nod sympathetically. “I was walking to my locker when I heard bitch drones one and two laughing so I stopped and listened. Then I heard the bitch start talking about her party. She said that I have disgusting hair, which I know is so incorrect. I’m not being self absorbed either. Then she said that Katia would make a nice addition to the cheer team with her awesome legs.”

“That bitch.” Katia snarled.

“My point exactly,” Lola went on. “Then she said that Chandler Echols is going to get a little surprise at her party. Now what the fuck does that mean?”

“That she is going to attempt to scare me away from her,” I put quotations in the air as I say the last part, “boyfriend.”

“She seriously has no life if she is following ours.”

“Chan you and Blake do look good together.” Lola chimes in.

“Yeah, so do cats and dogs but you don’t see them making out in parking lots.”

“Lola never said anything about making out. Chan did you make out with Blake?” Katia asks me with a sly smile on her lips. Lola just looks pleased.

God, my best friends really don’t know me that well. I give them a look that says that they must be out of their freaking minds. They don’t even seam to see the look.

“God, No! Let’s just get on with our lives now, so are we still going to the bitch’s party tonight?”

“Hell yes! I’m going to have some fun messing with her head.” Lola says as she smiles wickedly up at me.

“Well, then I’d better bring my machete.”

“Cause things are going to get thick.” Katia follows my sentence.

“Because the jungle is a dangerous place for leeches.” Lola finishes as we all begin to walk out of the Computer Lab.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are the best! So comments?