Status: Contest/ Complete

You're All I Have

Three.

I was perfectly fine with mom. But leave me alone for a little while, and I was considered 'Crazy'. “Mom, can we go on a road trip?” I asked. “Not now Shynie, we don't have the money.” She said. I frowned, “What if we move into a motel again?” She looked at me with a sad look, “We've talked about this, you know I don't want to lose this apartment.” I smiled at her, “Don't be sad! I remember now, it's okay! I like this place too. Just promise you'll walk to the park with me later?” She looked back down at her newspaper, “Alright.”

We'd lived in motel's countless numbers of times. I was okay with it though. My little sister, Jinni, always hated it. I didn't mind if all six of us had to share one room. Usually my brothers would sleep on the floor. My sister would sleep in one bed. I would sleep in the other one with my mom. Sometimes we couldn't pay rent though. But mom would always find somewhere for us to go. Even if that meant she had no where to go. On more than one occasion she found somewhere that would take us for the night, but not her. So she would usually sleep in the car with our dog, Rainbow. On the cold nights she would just walk around a 24-hour store, or fall asleep in there bathroom until the sun came up.