I'm Tthe Beast?

The Seventh

Image

I stared out the window of Jared’s friend’s car as the man pulled away from the cabin.

I was finally on my way home, but instead of feeling happy and joyful I was anxious and full of dread.

Why do I feel like this?

I frowned and turned to ask Jared’s blonde friend, but he spoke first.

“Jeff.”

My frown depend, “What?”

“My name’s Jeff. I figured you’d want to know that.”

I rolled my eyes, “I couldn’t care less about anything like that. I just want to know if you feel like something bad is going to happen.”

Jeff raised an eyebrow, “Is that a question or a statement?”

I sighed in frustration, “Does it matter?”

Both of his brows rose this time, “Now I can understand why Jared wanted you gone so badly.”

I closed my eyes, “Just tell me if you feel like something’s going to happen.”

The car was silent for a few seconds as Jeff mad a sharp turn around a mountain side.

“No-“

Jeff’s voice was cut off as we finished the turn and saw the massive tree that had fallen to block the road. Jeff slammed on the brakes, but the tires couldn’t grip the road in time to stop.

With wide eyes I watched as the nose of the car smashed into the tree, its hood wrinkling back toward us.

Jeff flung his arm against my chest as we both were forced against our tightening seatbelts.

The last thing I remember was the sound of my screams echoing through the car.

~*~

Fey Lord Cornelius watched as smoke rose from under the dark Toyota’s hood.

When he saw movement from inside the cab he lifted the human cellular and pressed the number his son had preset for him.

When a lady answered he smiled, “Yes, I’d like to report an emergency.”

~*~

When someone knocked on his door the first thing that popped into Jared’s mind was that Jeff couldn’t stand Rhoslyn and was bringing her back.

But when the person at the door identified himself as Officer Manning and informed Jared of the accident involving his friend’s car and a downed tree Jared felt the color in his face drain to white.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a short update....

I figured I needed to start writing again, lol