I'm Tthe Beast?

The Eighth

Image

Jared sat in the hospital’s waiting room, slowly running his hand down Colonel’s back.

The doctor had talked to him about an hour ago, informing Jared about Jeff’s broken arm.

Jared wasn’t worried about Jeff. He’ll be fine, and if Jared knew him as well as he believed he did, Jeff’ll soak up all the attention he’ll get from the ladies.

No, it was Rhoslyn that Jared was worried about. The doctor had come out to inform Jared that Rhoslyn was being prepped for surgery.

Something about how a limb from the fallen tree speared through the windshield and sliced her face?

He just hoped she’d be okay, she may be a selfish, rude, obnoxious person, but he didn’t want anything to happen to her.

After a few more minutes of waiting Jared heard footsteps heading toward him.

“Hey, man, did you hear about my arm?”

Jared chuckled at Jeff’s enthusiasm, “Yeah, your doc told me.”

This time Jared heard Jeff sigh, “Dude, this is one of those times where I wish you could see. Doctor Junero is so fine! She didn’t even mind it when I called her Doctor Gorgeous.”

This time Jared let out a real laugh, “You sure she wasn’t just being nice to her patient?”

Jeff let out a heartfelt sigh, “She can play doctor with me anytime.”

Jared shook his head, happy to know that his friend was okay.

If Jeff survived the crash with minimal damage how bad can Rhoslyn be?

“Speaking of the beauty,” Jared heard Jeff murmur.

Standing from his chair as he heard another set of steps walk toward him, Jared tensed.

“Hello, Doctor Gorgeous,” Jeff cooed.

“Mr. Kodens, how’s that arm?”

“Just dandy, doc. You’ve done a marvelous job. I don’t know how I could ever repay you. Maybe I could take you out to dinner some time?”

“Just handing over your credit card to the nurse will be fine. Trust me; your bill will be payment enough.”

Jared laughed as he could just imagine Jeff’s pout, “Give it a rest, hot shot.”

“Alright, but only until I know Rhoslyn’s okay.”

Jared nodded, “How is she doing?”

“She’s fine, resting now.”

“And the surgery?”

“All went perfect, she’ll be able to leave tomorrow morning.”

Jared sighed in relief, “Thank God.”

~*~

The first thing to greet me as I became conscious was the pain in my cheek.

It throbbed and burned it’s anger and I’m sure the whole area is red and swollen.

Great, now I won’t be able to show myself for weeks until my face is healed.

Blinking my eyes open I look around my hospital room.

Hmm, not much to look at, but that’s okay.

I don’t plan to stay here long.

Once I get out I’ll rest in a five star hotel somewhere exotic.

Maybe Paris.

Sitting up I slowly swing my legs over the side of the bed and get up.

Dragging my IV behind me I walk to the rest room, quietly shutting the door behind me.

After relieving myself I walk to the sink to wash my hands.

Just as I was about to turn the faucet off I looked at myself in the mirror.

What I saw sent me into a fit of horrified screams.

I continued to scream as nurses and doctors gathered around me.

And as they put some kind of drug into my IV I couldn’t stop myself from repeating one phrase over and over again.

“My face, my beautiful face…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh, wow!

I updated!

Gah, I haven't updated this story in forever!